Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

View Poll Results: Who is your favorite Chiefs defender of all time?
Derrick Thomas 97 76.38%
Chris Jones 8 6.30%
Anybody else 22 17.32%
Voters: 127. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-16-2023, 08:58 AM   #2
Baby Cry Cry

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHOWTIME View Post
Can there be a correct answer other than Derrick Thomas?
if the poll was best player, no. but its favorite, some people werent old enough to see him play live
St. Patty's Fire is too fat/Omaha.St. Patty's Fire is too fat/Omaha.St. Patty's Fire is too fat/Omaha.St. Patty's Fire is too fat/Omaha.St. Patty's Fire is too fat/Omaha.St. Patty's Fire is too fat/Omaha.St. Patty's Fire is too fat/Omaha.St. Patty's Fire is too fat/Omaha.St. Patty's Fire is too fat/Omaha.St. Patty's Fire is too fat/Omaha.St. Patty's Fire is too fat/Omaha.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2023, 09:08 AM   #3
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by St. Patty's Fire View Post
if the poll was best player, no. but its favorite, some people werent old enough to see him play live
wish i had better reading comprehension skills…
SHOWTIME has disabled reputation
Old 06-16-2023, 09:44 AM   #4
SuperChiefs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHOWTIME View Post
Can there be a correct answer other than Derrick Thomas?

edit: NVM
There can be other answers, but they're all wrong
FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-16-2023, 10:19 AM   #5
bite me

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaChief58 View Post
There can be other answers, but they're all wrong
Read the question again: FAVORITE player, not necessarily best.

Edit: For the record my favorite player was Sherrill Headrick. Not the best ever by a long shot but, God, did I love to watch him play.
old_geezer has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.old_geezer has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.old_geezer has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.old_geezer has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.old_geezer has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.old_geezer has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.old_geezer has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.old_geezer has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.old_geezer has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.old_geezer has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.old_geezer has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 06-16-2023, 08:54 AM   #6
Thank you

Hugh Douglas!!!!
carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-16-2023, 09:01 AM   #7
Starter

My head says Ryan Sims, my heart says Junior Siavii.

Honorable mentions: Tyson Jackson, Glen Dorsey, William Bartee, Jay-ice Pearson

such memories
Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.
Old 06-16-2023, 09:13 AM   #8
Kind of a mod

Chris probably has as much impact on the game as DT, but he can't match DT's passion for the game. It was infectious.

I also just plain liked DJ, but obviously he'll never top any lists given how bad we were during his tenure.

(And I'm not old enough to have an opinion on anyone pre-90s.)
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-16-2023, 09:15 AM   #9
Rookie

DT. IMO the best pure edge rusher in NFL history.
AdolfOliverBush has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AdolfOliverBush has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AdolfOliverBush has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AdolfOliverBush has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AdolfOliverBush has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AdolfOliverBush has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AdolfOliverBush has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AdolfOliverBush has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AdolfOliverBush has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AdolfOliverBush has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AdolfOliverBush has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 06-16-2023, 09:24 AM   #10
MVP

Pleasantly surprised to see James Hasty and Kevin Ross getting some love.

We had a nice run at CB back in my early Chiefs fan days.

James Hasty
Kevin Ross
Dale Carter
Albert Lewis
JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-16-2023, 09:25 AM   #11
Wearing ballistic dog goggles.

dt

After living through the Bill Kenney and Tod Blackledge years, and some embarrassingly bad teams, DT made me enjoy watching my Chiefs again.

Last edited by Radar Chief; 06-16-2023 at 09:32 AM..
Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-16-2023, 09:27 AM   #12
Veteran

While KC has has plenty of VERY good players on that side of the ball. Only one had the ability to disrupt the opponent so much that they has to gameplan around him. And that would be the none other than Derrick Vincent Thomas.

1. Derrick Thomas
2. Buck Buchanan
3. Willie Lanier
4. Bobby Bell
5. Emmitt Thomas
6. Deron Cherry
7. Chris Jones
8. Neil Smith
9. Derrick Johnson
10. Dan Saleaumua
Chiefaholic is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefaholic is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefaholic is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefaholic is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefaholic is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefaholic is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefaholic is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefaholic is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefaholic is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefaholic is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefaholic is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-16-2023, 09:18 PM   #13
Politically Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefaholic View Post
While KC has has plenty of VERY good players on that side of the ball. Only one had the ability to disrupt the opponent so much that they has to gameplan around him. And that would be the none other than Derrick Vincent Thomas.

1. Derrick Thomas
2. Buck Buchanan
3. Willie Lanier
4. Bobby Bell
5. Emmitt Thomas
6. Deron Cherry
7. Chris Jones
8. Neil Smith
9. Derrick Johnson
10. Dan Saleaumua
Strong list
scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-16-2023, 09:28 AM   #14
Three-Pat

DT. He was the first true superstar that I remembered KC having in my lifetime. He was just so exciting to watch and such a force for those elite 90s defenses that KC had. It just sucks he doesn’t have more postseason hardware because of Marty and his QB choices.
tredadda has disabled reputation
Old 06-16-2023, 10:12 AM   #15
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

There are players that I adored from my childhood, like Buck Buchanan and Willie Lanier, but I didn't know enough about football to rank them.

As an adult, I would say that my favorite players have been:

1. Deron Cherry
2. Albert Lewis
3. Gary Barbaro
4. Derrick Thomas
5. Art Still
6. Chris Jones
7. Jared Allen
8. L'Jarius Sneed
9. Nick Bolton
10. Bashaud Breeland
Honorable mention: Anthony Davis

The bottom of the list is kind of fluid and I may be missing someone.

Edit: I missed Derrick Johnson on my top ten list. He should definitely be on there. I really like his post-career podcasts with Mike Devito, too.

Last edited by Rain Man; 06-16-2023 at 03:03 PM.. Reason: I missed Derrick Johnson on my top ten list. He should definitely be on there. I really like his post-career podcast
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.