Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 07-24-2015, 02:47 PM  
Most Valuable Villain

Your yearly "Get DirecTV to discount NFL Sunday Ticket" thread

Just called in and got it for free again....plus a $10 bill credit for 12 months and a $5 bill credit for 6 months.

Didn't even have to haggle with the guy.

Anybody else tried yet?
The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-28-2019, 07:37 PM   #1021
Ain't no relax!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjchieffan View Post
Just sign up for CBS All Access for $5.99/ month. Get a VPN for around the same. On game day, turn on the VPN for an area that's broadcasting the game. Open CBS, watch the game. Easy, cheap, and reliable.
Did that work for you all last season? I know you were talking about that....
Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-28-2019, 07:38 PM   #1022
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by vailpass View Post
Some of you guys went through a decade or more of horrible football and now you're ditching the Ticket right when you guys are ready to make a run?
It's obvious that we were the jinx.

It had nothing to do with horrible ownership and terrible front office.
notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2019, 08:30 PM   #1023
Out Gunning CP's Fandom Police

Got a letter yesterday telling me that DTV was automatically going to charge me $48.99 per month, for 6 months, for NFL Sunday Ticket. Said if I didn't want it I had to call them and cancel it by Sept. 22. Kinda pissed me off SO, I called DTV and told them that I wanted to cancel Sunday Ticket. The guy said that he couldn't cancel it b/c I did not know my Pin #. I told him I never got one. He then asked me who my favorite singer is? He said it was a security question. I was like WTF? Told him it's Geddy Lee. He said that's not who they had listed. I was like WTF? I KNOW who I am and KNOW my SS# and Account # and anything else that would be tied to me or my account but because I didn't know my PIN# or favorite singer, he couldn't help me??? SO, then I got REALLY PISSED and told him that I wanted to CLOSE MY DTV ACCOUNT -He then transferred me to someone with a brain - who asked me for the last 4 of my social, DOB and phone number. He determined that I was indeed who I said I was. (YAY!) Then he said that they didn't want me to close my account, because I have been a loyal customer for 10 years, and offered me $45 off my total bill every month for a year, if I didn't cancel. SO, I said OK and now I want Sunday Ticket for $48.99 per month because if they're knocking off $45 per month for a year, and letting me keep all my same programming, it's like I'm getting Sunday ticket for $3.99 per month / $24 total. I wasn't planning on it turning out this way, it just did. So, maybe some of you can say that you want to close your DTV account, and see if you get the same deal.

Last edited by TEX; 08-31-2019 at 01:25 PM..
TEX has disabled reputation
Old 08-14-2019, 08:52 AM   #1024
Baba Ganoush

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...mpression=true
In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-31-2019, 12:57 PM   #1025
Veteran

Signed up for DirecTV/NFL in 2000. Been paying on time all those year. Bill up to $260! Just called. “ At this time we have no discounts” Bull! Playing hardball for sure. Guy was idiot and couldn’t find my account even though I had all the info. Gonna try later and see if I can get the one guy with a brain.
chief52 is not part of the Right 53.chief52 is not part of the Right 53.chief52 is not part of the Right 53.chief52 is not part of the Right 53.chief52 is not part of the Right 53.chief52 is not part of the Right 53.chief52 is not part of the Right 53.chief52 is not part of the Right 53.chief52 is not part of the Right 53.chief52 is not part of the Right 53.chief52 is not part of the Right 53.
Old 08-31-2019, 01:01 PM   #1026
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by chief52 View Post
Signed up for DirecTV/NFL in 2000. Been paying on time all those year. Bill up to $260! Just called. “ At this time we have no discounts” Bull! Playing hardball for sure. Guy was idiot and couldn’t find my account even though I had all the info. Gonna try later and see if I can get the one guy with a brain.
Why bother?? Too many better options available to deal with that. I dumped DTV the day I got my fiber. I haven't regretted it for a minute.
jjchieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.jjchieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.jjchieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.jjchieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.jjchieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.jjchieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.jjchieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.jjchieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.jjchieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.jjchieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.jjchieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-31-2019, 01:08 PM   #1027
Veteran

Quote:
Why bother?? Too many better options available to deal with that. I dumped DTV the day I got my fiber. I haven't regretted it for a minute.
Guess I need to do research. I’m old school...but house completely WiFi. Talking real money. What do you use?
chief52 is not part of the Right 53.chief52 is not part of the Right 53.chief52 is not part of the Right 53.chief52 is not part of the Right 53.chief52 is not part of the Right 53.chief52 is not part of the Right 53.chief52 is not part of the Right 53.chief52 is not part of the Right 53.chief52 is not part of the Right 53.chief52 is not part of the Right 53.chief52 is not part of the Right 53.
Old 08-31-2019, 01:25 PM   #1028
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by chief52 View Post
Guess I need to do research. I’m old school...but house completely WiFi. Talking real money. What do you use?
I use Firesticks on all of my TVs. I use an antenna for my locals. I use a tuner card and Plex on a PC for DVR and guide. Plex can be installed on all of the Firesticks to access throughout the house, or Amazon has a DVR that works well with the Firesticks. As far as cable programming, it really depends on what you want to watch. Sling can be the cheapest if you only need one package, which is $25/ month. If you want to go "other routes" Sportz or GearsTV are good IPTV options. They will give you everything. And by everything, I mean Sunday ticket, movie channels, all major market locals, etc. Gears runs $19 per month and only works on one device for that price. Sportz run $15/ month and includes 3 simultaneous streams. Install it on as many devices as you like. Any other questions?
jjchieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.jjchieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.jjchieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.jjchieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.jjchieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.jjchieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.jjchieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.jjchieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.jjchieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.jjchieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.jjchieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-31-2019, 03:22 PM   #1029
Just a li'l Evel

Once I discovered the Reddit NFL streams I don't need sunday ticket ever again.
TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-31-2019, 03:25 PM   #1030
MVP

Used my nephew's .edu email last year to get the streaming version last year, he graduated last year and they still renewed me this year.
OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-31-2019, 03:26 PM   #1031
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyEvel View Post
Once I discovered the Reddit NFL streams I don't need sunday ticket ever again.
Same. Just gonna hook up the ‘puter to the tv on game day
Johnny Vegas is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Johnny Vegas is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Johnny Vegas is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Johnny Vegas is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Johnny Vegas is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Johnny Vegas is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Johnny Vegas is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Johnny Vegas is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Johnny Vegas is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Johnny Vegas is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Johnny Vegas is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 08-31-2019, 03:43 PM   #1032
Always ask 'Why?"

Quote:
I use Firesticks on all of my TVs. I use an antenna for my locals. I use a tuner card and Plex on a PC for DVR and guide. Plex can be installed on all of the Firesticks to access throughout the house, or Amazon has a DVR that works well with the Firesticks. As far as cable programming, it really depends on what you want to watch. Sling can be the cheapest if you only need one package, which is $25/ month. If you want to go "other routes" Sportz or GearsTV are good IPTV options. They will give you everything. And by everything, I mean Sunday ticket, movie channels, all major market locals, etc. Gears runs $19 per month and only works on one device for that price. Sportz run $15/ month and includes 3 simultaneous streams. Install it on as many devices as you like. Any other questions?
Excellent. I want to learn how to do this!

I have been a DTV customer since the 90s and they couldn't care less.

Once I figure out how to DVR shows from Amazon Prime or what ever and reddit chiefs's games; and where to get the history channel, I'm gone.

The ONE good thing about Sunday Ticket is that I can DVR the Chiefs game and then synce with Mitch on KCFX. Have not figured how to do that on Reddit games stream. They are off by 1 to 3 minutes.

Is there a CP thread where we can learn from you and ask questions?
Trivers is obviously part of the inner Circle.Trivers is obviously part of the inner Circle.Trivers is obviously part of the inner Circle.Trivers is obviously part of the inner Circle.Trivers is obviously part of the inner Circle.Trivers is obviously part of the inner Circle.Trivers is obviously part of the inner Circle.Trivers is obviously part of the inner Circle.Trivers is obviously part of the inner Circle.Trivers is obviously part of the inner Circle.Trivers is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-31-2019, 04:39 PM   #1033
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Vegas View Post
Same. Just gonna hook up the ‘puter to the tv on game day
You can use the browser on a firestick to stream
SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.
Old 08-31-2019, 05:38 PM   #1034
Consuming CP souls

I will have cp go fund my ST this year...
Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-31-2019, 05:48 PM   #1035
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trivers View Post
Excellent. I want to learn how to do this!

I have been a DTV customer since the 90s and they couldn't care less.

Once I figure out how to DVR shows from Amazon Prime or what ever and reddit chiefs's games; and where to get the history channel, I'm gone.

The ONE good thing about Sunday Ticket is that I can DVR the Chiefs game and then synce with Mitch on KCFX. Have not figured how to do that on Reddit games stream. They are off by 1 to 3 minutes.

Is there a CP thread where we can learn from you and ask questions?
Go to the media center. There are several threads about cord cutting. Fish is the guru on these things. Everything I know is a drop in the bucket compared to his knowledge.