Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 02-26-2020, 10:28 PM  
MVP

***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***

A couple of reminders...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwana View Post
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartgod View Post
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

Last edited by Bearcat; 03-25-2020 at 08:56 AM.. Reason: adding spoiler tag
JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 05-02-2020, 11:20 AM   #26551
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
Did someone post something about the number of deaths in New York nursing homes is like 12k? How the **** did we let that happen. ?
Well have you ever seen the typical nursing home CNA or just about any other nursing home employee? A lot of them don't give a shit about the residents and just work there because its an easy job to get or its the only option for them.

Nursing homes are awful places for the most part and I think the main reason is the pay is incredibly low for the workers on the bottom of the totem pole and those are the workers that are most involved in the care of the residents. Why would anyone want to wipe ass, get hit, groped, or give some old pervert a bath for just over minimum wage? Anyone with any options at all will take the other options over the nursing home, so the nursing home gets stuck with a lot of drug addicts.
dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 05-02-2020, 11:20 AM   #26552
Life is changing..

More Triumph news.

Quote:
(ST. JOSEPH, Mo.) The Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services reported on Saturday that 359 employees have now tested positive for COVID-19 at Triumph Foods.

MDHSS said none of the employees or contract workers had symptoms.
TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-02-2020, 11:21 AM   #26553
The Maintenance Guy

Quote:
Did someone post something about the number of deaths in New York nursing homes is like 12k? How the **** did we let that happen. ?
If "we" did "let it happen", it's more than likely because "we" never really looked into what exactly goes on in nursing homes as far as how they're staffed and managed, and what kind of "care" the people in them are truly receiving.
Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2020, 11:22 AM   #26554
I love your mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spott View Post
My Mom died at 50 after dealing with lung cancer for 5 years (she was a smoker). Although she literally had tumors everywhere at the end and had no other health problems besides that, cancer was not listed as a cause of death on her DC.
It should have , not all doctors are created equal. my mom died from lung/ca bone mets they were all listed.
Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.
Old 05-02-2020, 11:23 AM   #26555
MVP

Quote:
My Mom died at 50 after dealing with lung cancer for 5 years (she was a smoker). Although she literally had tumors everywhere at the end and had no other health problems besides that, cancer was not listed as a cause of death on her DC.
What did they list her C.O.D as?
dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 05-02-2020, 11:24 AM   #26556
Court Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monticore View Post
You said we never used to list a cause of death .
I said we have always listed a cause of death.
Then said pretty much said the same thing I said.
I did not say never in my post. I said that we used to refer to people dying at 95 as dying of old age. By we, I am referring to the general public and not the specific terms written on a death certificate by a doctor that most people never see.
Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-02-2020, 11:25 AM   #26557
I love your mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugeater View Post
If "we" did "let it happen", it's more than likely because "we" never really looked into what exactly goes on in nursing homes as far as how they're staffed and managed, and what kind of "care" the people in them are truly receiving.
The nursing homes tend to be under staffed and underequipped where I live to deal with something like this.

The nursing staff are not always as well trained either and being private entities cost cutting can be an issue.
Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.
Old 05-02-2020, 11:25 AM   #26558
Cheat Death

Quote:
KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2020, 11:26 AM   #26559
The Constitutional Choo choo

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLO View Post
More Triumph news.
You need to test positive with no symptoms to be allowed back into the Processing Plant ?

Our food chain cant fail. That's not an option.
I watched a story out east. Where around 50 peeps locked themselves down inside their little factory for 60 days IIRC? To keep making needed medical supplies.
LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-02-2020, 11:27 AM   #26560
In Search of a Life

Quote:
I know of a few cases here in our area that had positive test results that were then sent back to long term health care facilities. We knew this was not great for those in those situations, i'm not sure why we didn't take extra care.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-02-2020, 11:27 AM   #26561
I love your mom

Quote:
I did not say never in my post. I said that we used to refer to people dying at 95 as dying of old age. By we, I am referring to the general public and not the specific terms written on a death certificate by a doctor that most people never see.
You were doing it for the purpose of minimizing the death count, sorry that's why I commented.
Old 05-02-2020, 11:27 AM   #26562
Would an idiot do that?

Quote:

via GIPHY

Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-02-2020, 11:28 AM   #26563
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLO View Post
More Triumph news.
Wow.

If we're gonna do contract tracing, you're essentially gonna have to test every single person in the nation.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-02-2020, 11:28 AM   #26564
Please squeeze

Quote:
So if i'm reading this right, about 25%-30% of US Covid deaths are happening in nursing homes. That's just awful.

It is awful and truly heart breaking. It also is a good example among others why it is going to be hard for corporate America to go back to work anytime soon.

We have seen now time and time again, keeping large amounts of people in an enclosed space for hours on end = large amounts of infections and death.

Going to a restaurant or store for a short period of time you will probably be ok but not sitting in your office for 8 hours.
dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-02-2020, 11:29 AM   #26565
I love your mom

Quote:
I know of a few cases here in our area that had positive test results that were then sent back to long term health care facilities. We knew this was not great for those in those situations, i'm not sure why we didn't take extra care.
If we had an outbreak in our local home I would recommend taking their loved ones out if they could care for them at home.