Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-05-2024, 10:53 AM   #23
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Why Not? View Post
Let's be real here. The only true surprise would be for any AFC West team not the Chiefs winning the division. Every other division has a few variables or multiple teams that can win it. Again, the teams I list below are not surprises, they are evidence that there can only actually be one truly shocking division winner result.

NFC East: Dallas or Phi- I don't see the Commanders as someone said, but at least they made a ballsy prediction.

NFC South: The only team to win this division and it be even remotely a surprise is Carolina. The rest of the division is basically three of the same teams.

NFC West- SF or LA and it wouldn't be a huge shock to see Sea win it.

NFC North- Det and GB are neck and neck and it wouldn't be a total jaw hitting the floor moment if Chi or even Min took it.

AFC South- The NFC South but better. Any one of Hou, Indy or Jax could win it and it wouldn't be a total shock. I guess Ten would qualify but the delta between the Tits winning the division and the Chiefs losing theirs still makes it much less surprising if Ten pulled it off.

AFC East- Buff, Mia, NYJ all with legit division title aspirations.

AFC North- Bal should be the slight favorite but all 4 teams are pretty damned close.

AFC West- Only division in football with a lock it in the day the new league year starts division winner. Again, the only real and true shocker would be if Den/LA/LV win this division....

SPOILER ALERT:

They won't
I pretty much agree with this. A few qualifiers though.

In the NFC West I think LA will give San Francisco a run for their money, but if Seattle is in the mix, that would be a real surprise.

In the NFC North I think it would be a real surprise if Chicago is in the mix. Both Chicago and Minnesota will have rookie QBs, but Minnesota has a much better supporting cast.

For the AFC south, I believe Houston was for real last year and has done a great job improving this year. So despite the tougher schedule, I think it will be a surprise if anybody other than Houston wins.

If anybody other than the Chiefs wins the AFC west it would be more than a surprise. I think we would win even if the unimaginable happened and Mahomes was injured as we actually have a potentially really good back up QB in Wentz.
gordonelloyd ....proof positive that somebody pissed in the gene pool.gordonelloyd ....proof positive that somebody pissed in the gene pool.