Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 06-01-2014, 09:40 AM  
Kind of a mod

Space Exploration megathread

Since a number of cool things are happening in space exploration these days, we'll widen the scope of this thread a smidge. Conversation about all things space exploration are welcome, whether it be from NASA, SpaceX, ULA, Blue Origin, or anyone else. Chances are most of the discussion will still be about SpaceX since they love to make things public and fun, but nothing's off limits. I'll eventually get around to modifying the OP to include resources for other companies too, but in the meantime, feel free to post any cool stuff you run across.

Lists of Upcoming Missions

How to Watch a Live Launch

Where to Learn More
Spoiler!

Glossary
Spoiler!

Last edited by DaFace; 12-10-2020 at 03:36 PM..
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-07-2018, 08:47 AM   #1636
It Goes On

I just gotta thank you all for the updates on all this. It is so cool. Watching all the videos. I actually just showed the summary one DaFace posted earlier to my class.
Sully threw an interception on a screen pass.Sully threw an interception on a screen pass.Sully threw an interception on a screen pass.Sully threw an interception on a screen pass.Sully threw an interception on a screen pass.Sully threw an interception on a screen pass.Sully threw an interception on a screen pass.Sully threw an interception on a screen pass.Sully threw an interception on a screen pass.Sully threw an interception on a screen pass.Sully threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 02-07-2018, 08:56 AM   #1637
"Think BOOM!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFace View Post
In case anyone's feeling REALLY into this, they re-cut the video from today to get the right video in there for the boosters. (The live video had the same video on both sides for quite a while.) They also cut in the footage of the fairing deploy that cut out during the live feed.

Okay, that was one of the coolest things that I have ever seen. Wow.
Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-07-2018, 08:58 AM   #1638
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFace View Post
I haven't dug into it much, but my guess it's just stupid people talking about polluting space or whatever. That or they're saying it was a waste of a mission that should have had some science on it.

I read his comment as "people who don't know how the industry works don't realize that space is big and that this isn't cluttering anything up."
Basically this. Some highlights.

- why doesn't he use the money to help fight poverty rather than a vanity project to send a car in space.

- isn't space trash already a huge problem

- look at what our tax dollars are being wasted on (it's not)

I stopped reading at that point really.
Chitownchiefsfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Chitownchiefsfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Chitownchiefsfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Chitownchiefsfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Chitownchiefsfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Chitownchiefsfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Chitownchiefsfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Chitownchiefsfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Chitownchiefsfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Chitownchiefsfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Chitownchiefsfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 02-07-2018, 09:01 AM   #1639
Starter

Though my fiancé made me laugh because when I told her the core crashed into the ocean she went "what about the fishies." she was joking. Mostly.
Chitownchiefsfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Chitownchiefsfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Chitownchiefsfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Chitownchiefsfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Chitownchiefsfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Chitownchiefsfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Chitownchiefsfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Chitownchiefsfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Chitownchiefsfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Chitownchiefsfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Chitownchiefsfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 02-07-2018, 12:48 PM   #1640
The Seated Villain

Musk said that SpaceX would now be focusing on developing the BFR. I hadn't even heard of the BFR until I googled it. Holy shit.
MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 02-07-2018, 01:00 PM   #1641
error 404

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicHef View Post
Musk said that SpaceX would now be focusing on developing the BFR. I hadn't even heard of the BFR until I googled it. Holy shit.
Is BFR short for Big F_cking Rocket?
sd4chiefs Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sd4chiefs Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sd4chiefs Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sd4chiefs Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sd4chiefs Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sd4chiefs Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sd4chiefs Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sd4chiefs Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sd4chiefs Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sd4chiefs Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sd4chiefs Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 02-07-2018, 01:03 PM   #1642
The Seated Villain

Quote:
Originally Posted by sd4chiefs View Post
Is BFR short for Big ****ing Rocket?
Yes. Estimated payload to be five times Falcon Heavy's.

MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 02-07-2018, 01:19 PM   #1643
Ith Fuhtbawl Time

I hope there's a day where we ride these things for international flights. Anywhere on earth in like 20 minutes.
Bewbies 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Bewbies 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Bewbies 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Bewbies 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Bewbies 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Bewbies 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Bewbies 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Bewbies 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Bewbies 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Bewbies 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Bewbies 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 02-07-2018, 01:33 PM   #1644
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bewbies View Post
I hope there's a day where we ride these things for international flights. Anywhere on earth in like 20 minutes.
Musk has proposed just such an idea:

https://www.theverge.com/2017/9/29/1...point-to-point
eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-07-2018, 01:50 PM   #1645
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicHef View Post
Yes. Estimated payload to be five times Falcon Heavy's.

Here is a good read on the BFR and estimated time lines for future plans:

https://waitbutwhy.com/2016/09/space...ull-story.html
emaw82 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutemaw82 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutemaw82 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutemaw82 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutemaw82 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutemaw82 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutemaw82 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutemaw82 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking about
Old 02-07-2018, 02:07 PM   #1646
The Seated Villain

Quote:
Originally Posted by emaw82 View Post

https://waitbutwhy.com/2016/09/space...ull-story.html
Whoa, I read his enormous Musk series, but somehow missed this one. Thanks!
Old 02-07-2018, 02:26 PM   #1647
"Think BOOM!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by eDave View Post
Musk has proposed just such an idea:

https://www.theverge.com/2017/9/29/1...point-to-point
I was just about to mention the G-loading and then read the article. I haven't seen figures on the Gs pulled on ascent and descent, but I'd guess somewhere close to 8. That might kill some people and make most lose consciousness without a G suit and training.
Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-07-2018, 02:57 PM   #1648
The Seated Villain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donger View Post
I was just about to mention the G-loading and then read the article. I haven't seen figures on the Gs pulled on ascent and descent, but I'd guess somewhere close to 8. That might kill some people and make most lose consciousness without a G suit and training.
The article uses the G forces for ballistic missiles, which have a conspicuous lack of humans on them. Assuming the flight design would be the same for human flight seems... dumb.
Old 02-07-2018, 03:03 PM   #1649
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by emaw82 View Post

l[/url]
I tried to reply with the arch "stop. My penis can only get so erect" but apparently I cant post pictures yet.
Old 02-07-2018, 06:05 PM   #1650
pie is never free

Havent paid as much attention to this as I should, but gotta say I was just so impressed watching the two boosters come down and land... getting a tubular shape that really only seems good for going up, with no real control surfaces, to stabilize midair and smoothly land in an upright position is nothing short of mind boggling

It almost doesnt even look real, its like CGI... AMAZING technological advance
Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.