Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 07-02-2020, 04:09 PM  
MVP

FedEx asks Redskins to change name

Here we go. I think part of the reason we’ve been safe from this kind of stuff is because the Redskins have always been a bigger target. Now that there’s pressure from sponsors Snyder is going to feel the heat like never before.

If they go down, make no mistake, the mob will come for us next.
comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 07-13-2020, 10:46 AM   #451
Changes pants while driving

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 View Post
I thought it was ‘Hail to the Redskins’ ??
It is. Lyrics are:
Hail to the Redskins
Hail Victory
Braves on the Warpath
Fight for old DC

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
ping2000 is obviously part of the inner Circle.ping2000 is obviously part of the inner Circle.ping2000 is obviously part of the inner Circle.ping2000 is obviously part of the inner Circle.ping2000 is obviously part of the inner Circle.ping2000 is obviously part of the inner Circle.ping2000 is obviously part of the inner Circle.ping2000 is obviously part of the inner Circle.ping2000 is obviously part of the inner Circle.ping2000 is obviously part of the inner Circle.ping2000 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-13-2020, 10:47 AM   #452
Cheat Death

Maybe sub out the fight song for the Native American National Anthem
KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 10:48 AM   #453
Hey Loochy, I'm hooome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties View Post
Ooh, I like the renegades one.
loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-13-2020, 10:49 AM   #454
In Search of a Life

I don’t remember hearing about being offended by Redskins when they were good.

I wonder how the old timers from the glory years feel about all this? Joe Gibbs, Theisman, the Hogs, Art Monk, Darrell Green, Riggins, Doug Williams,etc....
Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-13-2020, 10:49 AM   #455
Has a particular set of skills

Quote:
Originally Posted by ping2000 View Post
It is. Lyrics are:
Hail to the Redskins
Hail Victory
Braves on the Warpath
Fight for old DC

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
Change the name but not change the lyrics??
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-13-2020, 10:53 AM   #456
Has a particular set of skills

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFace View Post
That MIGHT not hold up (especially the older ones). You have to use a trademark for it to be valid, so if he's just sitting on it, they might be able to get it thrown out.
Parking domain names holds up in court unless its a well established brick and mortar company.

Someone in Maine bought Arrowhead South.com back in 2014. We have no interest in making money off the group so its no big deal.
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-13-2020, 10:59 AM   #457
Starter

Washington Teamy Mcteam face
Chief3188 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Chief3188 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Chief3188 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Chief3188 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Chief3188 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Chief3188 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Chief3188 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Chief3188 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Chief3188 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Chief3188 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Chief3188 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 07-13-2020, 11:02 AM   #458
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Quote:
lol someone already trademarked red wolves

tell them to pound sand, danny

Trademark squatters are terrible human beings, by and large. Just send a DC goon to make him commit suicide after leaving them the name in his will. It's done all the time there.
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-13-2020, 11:04 AM   #459
Hey Loochy, I'm hooome!

Quote:
I don’t remember hearing about being offended by Redskins when they were good.

I wonder how the old timers from the glory years feel about all this? Joe Gibbs,
opinion doesn't count

Quote:
Theisman
opinion doesn't count
Quote:
the Hogs
about half of them have valid opinions
Quote:
Art Monk
valid opinion
Quote:
Darrell Green
valid opinion
Quote:
Riggins
opinion doesn't count
Quote:
Doug Williams
valid opinion
loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-13-2020, 11:14 AM   #460
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealSNR View Post
The name had been around for 87 years, dude. It was background radiation. Plus, this is a Chiefs forum, not a Redskins forum.

I seem to remember people making jokes at how racist the Redskins name is, particularly during a week they played the Chiefs. I know I did.

But did I constantly go REDSKINS IS RACIST RAHHHH? No. Of course not. And even if it was brought up once or twice, people like you would roll their eyes or do the usual, "You hate God, tradition, the nuclear family, and America!" bullshit.

Nobody can win with you if they like the name change. There's no safe position. The only safe position with you is that we keep Redskins, which isn't happening. So be a grown man, suck it up, and deal with it.
Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-13-2020, 11:18 AM   #461
Special Teams ACE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevieray View Post

thanks for the bs "lecture", dad.

try harder.

They are free to do whatever they want.

I'm sure you'll be out celebrating the victory with Native Americans.
I don't give a flying squirrel fart about Washington football. So no.

I'm intrigued with the process, because like Rain Man, I'm interested in branding and names, although he's been doing this kind of thing for decades as a successful career and I just occasionally like to talk about it on the internet. I had a lot of skin in the game when it came to the University of North Dakota Fighting Ermines, and this Washington name change is just a, "probably for the best" kind of situation, which is why I'm not vocal one way or the other.

If advertisers do the same thing with the Chiefs, I'll bet they'll be satisfied enough with a logo change and a stadium policy of people not wearing headdresses and all that. And if they do go the whole nine yards and demand a name change, I guess I'll be watching Patrick Mahomes throw TDs and win Super Bowls for the Kansas City Whatevers instead of the Kansas City Chiefs.
RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-13-2020, 11:20 AM   #462
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by loochy View Post
opinion doesn't count

opinion doesn't count

about half of them have valid opinions

valid opinion

valid opinion

opinion doesn't count

valid opinion

Too bad Sammy Baugh isn't still around. He's the only one who should really matter.
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-13-2020, 11:22 AM   #463
It was not a fair catch

Quote:
True keyboard warrior. get a life dude. (not intended for HP)
displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-13-2020, 11:24 AM   #464
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealSNR View Post
I don't give a flying squirrel fart about Washington football. So no.

I'm intrigued with the process, because like Rain Man, I'm interested in branding and names, although he's been doing this kind of thing for decades as a successful career and I just occasionally like to talk about it on the internet. I had a lot of skin in the game when it came to the University of North Dakota Fighting Ermines, and this Washington name change is just a, "probably for the best" kind of situation, which is why I'm not vocal one way or the other.

If advertisers do the same thing with the Chiefs, I'll bet they'll be satisfied enough with a logo change and a stadium policy of people not wearing headdresses and all that. And if they do go the whole nine yards and demand a name change, I guess I'll be watching Patrick Mahomes throw TDs and win Super Bowls for the Kansas City Whatevers instead of the Kansas City Chiefs.

I'm attached to the Chiefs name like we all are. It's probably the most consistent thing over the course of my life after my nuclear family. So I'll stage a fighting retreat, but I'm not going to die on the hill of a renaming. I'll make an adjustment and will really hope we can keep the red.

As for the Redskins, I won't even attempt to defend that hill. In fact, I'll leave milk and cookies for the invaders.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 11:34 AM   #465
best in the biz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Man View Post
I'm attached to the Chiefs name like we all are. It's probably the most consistent thing over the course of my life after my nuclear family. .
Same here.

....it won't be the same, though.

Speaking of branding, when the Redskins have the company of: Lions, Eagles, Bears Bills Titans Giants etc..all names of power and prestige...I find it hard to be considered a slight or negative image.

Last edited by stevieray; 07-13-2020 at 11:55 AM..
stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.