Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 03-01-2024, 08:18 AM  
Supporter

Caleb Williams is destined to be a massive bust

penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.
Old 03-03-2024, 06:41 PM   #211
Replaced by a future HOFer !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chieftain View Post
Painting your nails is a queerish trait. No man does that.
Crying to your momma in the stands after a loss, that's certainly not a masculine trait. Crying is fine as long as it is done inside the locker room. But in the stands, hugging your momma? What in the effing fück is that?
This guy has diva written all over him. A massive massive red flag. I would not draft him if I were in Poles' shoes. Better take a swing at Maye or Daniels.
Quote:
When was the last time a talented QB that had these many red flags became a league superstar and had a long successful career?
AGREED !!

Quote:
He was washed by age 30. And he was not a diva. Weird sense of fashion but not a diva.
Cam was washed by 30 because he refused to be a "student of the game". It took awhile for DCs to catch up to him but when they did year (Post SB thanks to Wade Phillips) he was never the same. He was extremely successful athletically getting by on that UNTIL Wade Phillips showed this kid could not read a defense.

You can be a diva without saying a word and his dress had DIVA written all over him. When you are more concerned about your pre and post game dress, it's ALL ABOUT YOU!! My guess is he brought 3 outfits each game. His pre-game outfit and his outfit IF he won and his outfit when he LOST.
Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2024, 06:53 PM   #212

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealSNR View Post
Man, I just don't know about this Patrick Mahomes guy. Look at the company he keeps. Brother is an annoying high schooler who loves dancing on the internet, girlfriend seems to rub people the wrong way at games, and his dad has a history with drunk driving. Mom is nuts, too.

He makes some incredible plays on the field for sure, but I just don't know if that's enough for me to risk the pick. I think you gotta roll with Deshaun Watson. Almost no red flags personality wise, and looks to be the perfect leader who is beloved by teammates. There's a zero percent chance that guy will end up being a creepy ass pervert who sexually harasses dozens of women into doing butt stuff at massage therapy!
Poor analogy.

You listed all the things 'around' Pat not what he actually did himself pre-draft. We are talking about what Caleb did and does right now my friend 'pre-draft'.

You can swing for the fence and take Caleb or you can swing for the fence by not taking him. I get your point about peer and public pressure and assurance of keeping a career in the NFL by taking Caleb even if he busts BUT character IS EVERYTHING(emotional and mental maturity or lack thereof). I would be 'that guy' that "smells a rat repeat of Cam" but without the stats and SB appearance that will BUST in my eyes. You would make the "safe play". So be it.
Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2024, 07:35 PM   #213
Forever Royal

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
Yeah - they can't make the same mistake twice. Oh sure, making a completely different mistake isn't much better from a results standpoint, but from a fan satisfaction standpoint, you just can't do the same thing you did last time when you locked in on 'coachability' and floor with Trubisky over a guy like Mahomes who was clearly a superior raw talent even without the benefit of hindsight.

The Bears have to take the guy with the best physical tools this time. And that guy is Williams. It's a risk in its own right and I know they shouldn't make decisions based on the past, but the NFL is still an entertainment industry. That fanbase just can't handle the same process going the same way again. And there's no worse than a coinflip chance of that happening if they pass on Williams for Maye.

I have very little Maye watching experience but with Williams I am confident at the very least he won’t turn into a Trubisky/Picket type QB. He will at least be exciting and make plays and provide a burst of energy and optimism they need. If he lives up to the hype who knows, there’s a lot to that but I do know he’s too talented to be complete bust where you have buyers remorse after one season. Does Maye provide that?
mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 03-03-2024, 07:39 PM   #214
Special Teams ACE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefshrink View Post
Poor analogy.

You listed all the things 'around' Pat not what he actually did himself pre-draft. We are talking about what Caleb did and does right now my friend 'pre-draft'.

You can swing for the fence and take Caleb or you can swing for the fence by not taking him. I get your point about peer and public pressure and assurance of keeping a career in the NFL by taking Caleb even if he busts BUT character IS EVERYTHING(emotional and mental maturity or lack thereof). I would be 'that guy' that "smells a rat repeat of Cam" but without the stats and SB appearance that will BUST in my eyes. You would make the "safe play". So be it.
If the Bears draft the next Cam Newton in Williams, they'll get an MVP player who takes them to the Super Bowl. Yes, you take that.

This is the franchise that has never seen one of its QBs throw for 4000 yards. Now is not the time overthink this. They did that shit once before and it got them Mitch Trubisky.

There sits Aaron Rodgers. But sure, you go ahead and take Alex Smith.
RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2024, 07:46 PM   #215
Forever Royal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosbonian View Post
But he lost 5 of his last 6 games...and the one he did win in that stretch was a 1 point win over Cal.
Who cares? Mahomes finished his career 2-6 in his last 8 games.
mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 03-03-2024, 07:51 PM   #216
Special Teams ACE!!!

By the way... fun fact that I've posted before on here. Anybody know who the Bears' career receiving yards record holder is?

It's some guy named Johnny Morris. According to Pro Football Reference, he played flanker, which hasn't been listed on an NFL depth chart in over 50 years. He put up 5,059 receiving yards in a Bears uniform.

The Chiefs have 10 guys with more than that.
RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-03-2024, 07:54 PM   #217
Fan since 1997

Quote:
I haven't kept up with this thread, so it's probably been discussed, but I think you're making a mountain out of a molehill with these medical exams.

Standard practices change. It used to be that if you were healthy you did the damn combine drills. It's now quite common to see prospects be selective about the drills they run when at the combine. I'm sure people wrinkled their faces funny about the first guy to turn down combine drills, and now it's a complete nothingburger. Caleb isn't against getting medically examined. He's just against getting medically examined by teams who aren't going to draft him. It's a waste of his time. Just as several QBs said, "Why am I doing these drills for scouts from other teams who won't draft me when I'm going to workout privately for a bunch of these teams anyway?"

If you want to question the other stuff, knock yourself out. I don't really have an opinion on it other than the weird crying thing he did. And I could have sworn the ownership stake thing was something he didn't actually ask for and was fake news.

I just think some people are REEEEALLY overthinking this one. That's okay. People in draft media once tried to argue the Colts should go RGIII over Luck, too. It's the modern era of NFL football and there sits the ideal modern era NFL QB prospect. You think he's arrogant and won't take well to the pressure of the league? I don't know what he's like as a person or how coachable he is, but given what just about everybody has seen on tape, he's going to have to have some serious personality concerns that come up in your interview and evaluation that go beyond painting his nails.
It's the first time in combine history where a prospect refuses medical exams by team doctors. Never happened in 42 years.
The ownership stakes claim came directly either from him or his father. But it was never refuted by Caleb. Which obviously means it's true.

I am not denying his talents. But what good is talent when your head is all screwed up and you feel entitled despite having proven nothing in the NFL?
I say **** talent and choose character first and foremost, especially at the QB position where you need a leader of men and exemplary teammate.

I read an article somewhere where this guy averaged a fumble a game in his college career. He had something like 33 fumbles accumulated.
So again, we aren't talking about some flawless prospect here and when combined with his questionable character, you have to think twice before making that move.

Here is the article verifying what I said -> 33 Fumbles
https://sports.yahoo.com/perry-pats-...005243154.html
Chieftain must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Chieftain must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Chieftain must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Chieftain must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Chieftain must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Chieftain must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Chieftain must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Chieftain must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Chieftain must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Chieftain must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Chieftain must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 03-03-2024, 08:02 PM   #218

Quote:
If the Bears draft the next Cam Newton in Williams, they'll get an MVP player who takes them to the Super Bowl. Yes, you take that.

This is the franchise that has never seen one of its QBs throw for 4000 yards. Now is not the time overthink this. They did that shit once before and it got them Mitch Trubisky.

There sits Aaron Rodgers. But sure, you go ahead and take Alex Smith.
Fair enough like I said, BUT I think the Bear fans would "rather WIN" a SB and I am betting Williams doesn't get them there EVER. We will agree to disagree.
Old 03-03-2024, 08:20 PM   #219
Facts are stubborn things.

He’s too talented not to draft from the Bears POV, or should be. Yes he appears to be a weirdo and difficult but so are Aaron Rodgers and Cam Newton and each produced MVP seasons and Super Bowl appearances.

Someone ITT compared him to Manziel - as far as I know CW does not have issues with substance abuse.

The only good reason not to do it is if you think one of the other prospects is on par or better than CW.
warpaint* is too fat/Omaha.warpaint* is too fat/Omaha.warpaint* is too fat/Omaha.warpaint* is too fat/Omaha.warpaint* is too fat/Omaha.warpaint* is too fat/Omaha.warpaint* is too fat/Omaha.warpaint* is too fat/Omaha.warpaint* is too fat/Omaha.warpaint* is too fat/Omaha.warpaint* is too fat/Omaha.
Old 03-03-2024, 08:28 PM   #220
Special Teams ACE!!!

Character over talent got us Todd Blackledge.
Old 03-03-2024, 08:34 PM   #221
Future NBA Finals MVP

Hard to believe he will be an outright bust. I kinda see a Russell Wilson career path.
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-03-2024, 08:52 PM   #222
Banned!

Is he better than Jayden Daniels?
Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-03-2024, 09:18 PM   #223
Special Teams ACE!!!

I know they’re the Browns, but Baker’s college behavior was far more alarming to me than Caleb’s is. All while being shorter, slower, and with far less arm talent.

Whattaya know. #1 overall
Old 03-03-2024, 09:19 PM   #224
Fan since 1997

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWillie View Post
Hard to believe he will be an outright bust. I kinda see a Russell Wilson career path.
Many experts touted Trever Lawrence as the next generational QB.
College prospect projections mean nothing in the NFL. They are just that, projections.
We have learned this lesson over and over again with QBs and WRs in particular.
It sucks for the Bears to not have that choice of a cut and dry talent of a Peyton Manning where you know for sure you have a franchise guy of a high character.

I see Kyler Murray with this guy. A bigger, more accurate Kyler Murray.
But with the mental makeup of a midget. Soft and entitled.
Chieftain must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Chieftain must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Chieftain must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Chieftain must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Chieftain must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Chieftain must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Chieftain must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Chieftain must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Chieftain must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Chieftain must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Chieftain must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 03-03-2024, 09:23 PM   #225
Three-Pat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefshrink View Post
Fair enough like I said, BUT I think the Bear fans would "rather WIN" a SB and I am betting Williams doesn't get them there EVER. We will agree to disagree.
Will Fields?
tredadda has disabled reputation