Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 07-09-2018, 07:39 PM  
I'll be back.

Star Wars: Episode IX

Welp, time to start the thread because LANDO IS BACK.

http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/new...ing-episode-ix

Quote:
The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed the long-gestating rumors that Billy Dee Williams will return to that galaxy far, far away and will reprise his role of Lando Calrissian for next year’s Star Wars: Episode IX!

Williams made his debut as the gambling scoundrel in Star Wars: Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back, reprising in Episode VI: Return of the Jedi, and in countless other Star Wars shows like Star Wars Rebels and games like Star Wars: Jedi Knight II – Jedi Outcast. He even voiced the character in various Robot Chicken and Family Guy episodes dedicated solely to Star Wars as well as The LEGO Movie. Donald Glover stepped into the role earlier this year to play a younger Lando in Solo: A Star Wars Story.

In Episode IX, Williams joins returning franchise stars Daisy Ridley, John Boyega, Oscar Isaac, and Adam Driver, plus newcomer (and frequent J.J. Abrams collabroator) Keri Russell.
Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-15-2019, 12:34 AM   #286
Unsparing

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoMoChief View Post
Cant wait for more scenes and dialogue with Finn and Rose

Seriously though...the franchise now is a god damn dumpster fire.

Disney doesn't care though...Star Wars is about making toys/merch more than it is making movies, they can make it as ****ing shitty as they want to...and they have.
Except NO ONE IS BUYING THE TOYS. Seriously. The toy sales are in the shitter.
Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 03:24 AM   #287
Shaken. Not stirred.

Its interesting seeing SDH and HP on opposite sides.

I loved Star Wars. Then the prequels came out and dampened my spirits. Now the new trilogy has started and made me feel that the prequels are ****ing gold in comparison.

I was willing to forgive JJ for only making a soft reboot but then to have Rian come in and shit all over the franchise? **** him.

Also, my boys lost all interest in Star Wars after Force Awakens. My daughter doesn't even care about Star Wars.
007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-15-2019, 03:27 AM   #288
Shaken. Not stirred.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefspants View Post
Bastardizing the original content is perhaps the biggest cardinal sin Disney is committing. They just do not get it. Stupid, stupid video. There are so many more ways they could have celebrated Leia's heroism without slandering the other original characters.
That video is complete and utter bullshit. Leia was never weak. Why they felt the need to do that is beyond stupid.
007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-15-2019, 07:32 AM   #289
I'll be back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007 View Post

I loved Star Wars. Then the prequels came out and dampened my spirits. Now the new trilogy has started and made me feel that the prequels are ****ing gold in comparison.

I was willing to forgive JJ for only making a soft reboot but then to have Rian come in and shit all over the franchise? **** him.

Also, my boys lost all interest in Star Wars after Force Awakens. My daughter doesn't even care about Star Wars.
The prequels are not better than the sequel trilogy.

They were sloppy, haphazardly written and poorly executed CGI wankfests and even Rose isn't as annoyingly awful a character as Jar Jar.

At least the ST has a consistent villain.
Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 07:49 AM   #290
Here We Go Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties View Post
The prequels are not better than the sequel trilogy.

They were sloppy, haphazardly written and poorly executed CGI wankfests and even Rose isn't as annoyingly awful a character as Jar Jar.

At least the ST has a consistent villain.
I'd rather watch any of the prequels again than watch the stain that is TLJ. I saw TLJ in the theater and came away underwhelmed and feeling something was missing. I watched TLJ again when it hit Netflix, and sweet baby jesus it was just terrible. I'll wait for video before watching the next one.
lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 02-15-2019, 07:54 AM   #291
I'll be back.

Lies.

No one wants to watch Attack of the Clones over anything ever again.

"i truly...deeply...love you!"

Old 02-15-2019, 08:57 AM   #292
Supporter

Quote:

Same here, kids loved the originals, love Phantom Menace (the kid and pod racing), but won’t watch any of the new movies.

Disney is going to have major issues in the future. They pissed off a lot of their die hard fans, and have very little support from the young kids.
notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-15-2019, 09:13 AM   #293
"You like to drink?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by notorious View Post
Same here, kids loved the originals, love Phantom Menace (the kid and pod racing), but won’t watch any of the new movies.

Disney is going to have major issues in the future. They pissed off a lot of their die hard fans, and have very little support from the young kids.
Which corp exec would you rather be: someone with the Mouse trying to gaslight people into thinking Rian Johnson's adventures were a good idea or the goon at Universal who has to keep interest in the Harry Potter IP to generations who did not grow up during the book releases?
Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-15-2019, 09:17 AM   #294
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower View Post
Which corp exec would you rather be: someone with the Mouse trying to gaslight people into thinking Rian Johnson's adventures were a good idea or the goon at Universal who has to keep interest in the Harry Potter IP to generations who did not grow up during the book releases?
Both are brutal, but they made their own beds with stupid decisions.

I can’t believe Disney attacked their own fans. If they would have stayed quiet and let the disappointment blow over they would be in a much better position right now.
notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-15-2019, 09:29 AM   #295
I'll be back.

Quote:

I don't buy it.

Between BB-8 and the LEGION of young girls who love Rey they are fine.
Old 02-15-2019, 09:53 AM   #296
Unsparing

Quote:

It's quite simple; I like SW for specific reasons related to story and character. Those reasons have been replaced with disposable, pop-culture garbage that will be forgotten quickly. End of story.

And like others have said, Marvel is proving my hypothesis correct with each passing movie. They know how to present a hero and villain. They don't waste time murking about in "shades of gray", and doing it in a piss-poor fashion like Rian Johnson.

Simple. No great math required here at all.
Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-15-2019, 09:55 AM   #297
Unsparing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties View Post
I don't buy it.

Between BB-8 and the LEGION of young girls who love Rey they are fine.
"Legion" my ass. Would you care to guess which main character is selling the least in the toy aisle?
Old 02-15-2019, 12:43 PM   #298
Veteran

Jar Jar IS the main antagonist in the prequels. He is the foil to Yoda. A character that is made to look foolish only to be the most powerful SITH LORD in the galaxy.

He was just so annoying that Lucas wrote him out.

Jar Jar influences a lot of things by acting stupid, mind control on the queen, force jumps, etc. You just have to look for it.
crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 02-15-2019, 01:32 PM   #299
"You like to drink?"

Quote:
Both are brutal, but they made their own beds with stupid decisions.
.. what did Universal do wrong?
Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-15-2019, 02:15 PM   #300
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower View Post
.. what did Universal do wrong?
Timing is everything.

I really don’t know, though. I am older than the Potter generation.