Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 05-02-2022, 10:28 AM  
Chiefs

Chiefs sign UDFA Justyn Ross

ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 04-04-2023, 02:44 PM   #841
THIS .... IS... ARROWHEAD!!!!

Ross is like a slower Andre Johnson type WR. He can box people out and make tough contested catches.
BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-04-2023, 02:53 PM   #842
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Meck View Post
Get used to being underwhelmed.

By the first ranked offense in football, also #1 in explosive plays, first in scoring, yards, etc.

Get used to being underwhelmed, because this is how it's going to be.

Guess you'll have to be all 'meh' about winning Super Bowls.
We were also near the bottom of the league in WR production in yards, 1st downs, and TDs. KC ended up being 1st in those categories largely because Travis balled out and stayed healthy, and the RBs stepped up. I highly doubt that the plan going forward is to have one of the worst-performing WR rooms in the NFL.

In fact, we know that wasn't the plan, because the intent before the season was to re-sign Tyreek. Veach tried to sign AJ Brown. And so on.
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2023, 02:58 PM   #843
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedingRed View Post
Ross is like a slower Andre Johnson type WR. He can box people out and make tough contested catches.
What the ****?

No. Just no. Dude is lanky. He's 6'4" 204, not 6'4" 224. He ran a 4.6 on a broken ass foot. The dude is more like 4.54, not 4.64, when he's healthy and he's relatively quick.

He played a lot as a flanker or as a tight split end and ran a lot more quick underneath stuff in a very similar role to what JuJu was for us last year. He ran a bit more deep stuff when Lawrence was his QB. He was NEVER a box-out slow WR.

Where do you guys get this shit?
kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2023, 03:05 PM   #844

Quote:
Originally Posted by kccrow View Post
What the ****?

No. Just no. Dude is lanky. He's 6'4" 204, not 6'4" 224. He ran a 4.6 on a broken ass foot. The dude is more like 4.54, not 4.64, when he's healthy and he's relatively quick.

He played a lot as a flanker or as a tight split end and ran a lot more quick underneath stuff in a very similar role to what JuJu was for us last year. He ran a bit more deep stuff when Lawrence was his QB. He was NEVER a box-out slow WR.

Andre Johnson was 210 coming out of college and ran a 4.41.....

W T F are you even rambling about... He is a huge big bodied WR that boxes people out and makes contested catches.....
BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-04-2023, 03:07 PM   #845
MVP

Quote:
Andre Johnson was 210 coming out of college and ran a 4.41.....

W T F are you even rambling about... He is a huge big bodied WR that boxes people out and makes contested catches.....
Dude, I can count on my 2 thumbs the number of times this guy caught box-out contested catches in college. You have no idea what you're even talking about.
kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 04-04-2023, 03:07 PM   #846
Hockey Town

Boutte it depends what you want from him...if you think he's gonna just be an outside receiver and beat dudes and catch 100 balls no..
Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-04-2023, 03:18 PM   #847

Quote:
Dude, I can count on my 2 thumbs the number of times this guy caught box-out contested catches in college. You have no idea what you're even talking about.
Old 04-04-2023, 03:20 PM   #848
Veteran

Some over thinking going on… the best comp style wise is also the easiest and most obvious. It’s Tee Higgins
Urc Burry has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Urc Burry has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Urc Burry has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Urc Burry has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Urc Burry has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Urc Burry has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Urc Burry has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Urc Burry has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Urc Burry has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Urc Burry has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Urc Burry has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 04-04-2023, 03:22 PM   #849
11-5, baby

Quote:
That’s more of a high point catch than a box out.
Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-04-2023, 03:29 PM   #850
MVP

Quote:
Go ahead and post the whole highlight reel you pulled that from. And the whole other highlight real from him as a Fr and So. Then count the number of contested catches he made. And yes, that's a high-point catch, not a box-out contested grab.

I haven't watched the highlights in a while but I can confidently say you won't count very many. In fact, almost none.
Old 04-04-2023, 03:33 PM   #851
Fish are scared of me

Quote:
What the ****?

From that description it sounds like he needs to be our next TE.. Just put on some muscle
Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-04-2023, 04:04 PM   #852
MVP

Quote:
Are you trying to tell me this is a "contested catch"

dude this place lol
Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 04-04-2023, 04:12 PM   #853
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Go ahead and post the whole highlight reel you pulled that from. And the whole other highlight real from him as a Fr and So. Then count the number of contested catches he made. And yes, that's a high-point catch, not a box-out contested grab.

I haven't watched the highlights in a while but I can confidently say you won't count very many. In fact, almost none.
Yeah, I think that's a fair distinction.

He doesn't really box out as much as he uses his length. They're still contested catch situations but he's not like Bowe in that he was simply bodying guys off. He just uses that length and some angles he could create to snatch a ball that was away from his body (and thus usually away from the DB).

He's still using his body to screen guys off on a lot of those plays, but it's not like he's using physicality in the process - he's using length. And he has plenty of that.

I suspect that's really just an invitation for an argument over semantics though - I don't recall there being that few contested catches, they just didn't really seem like it because he was able to reach out and snatch a ball rather than battle through contact for it. So then we're quibbling over 'contested catches'.

I think it's probably fair to say that he's a guy who wins through body control and length. I don't think he's very sudden nor does he have excellent deep speed. There's some build-up speed there, but I would put it at about average. Nor does he win through physicality.

He's an odd comp, really. There aren't a lot of guys who win that way. Colston? Victor Cruz?

How 'bout Keenan Allen? Allen's not super sudden, not super fast, but he's pretty long and he's crafty. Taller WR but not terribly physical.

I think I can live with that as a 'type' - a Keenan Allen type who will have to continue to refine his route-running technique (and stay healthy) to succeed at this level.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-04-2023, 04:15 PM   #854
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi View Post
Are you trying to tell me this is a "contested catch"

dude this place lol
See - this is why I say this invites a semantics quibble.

The only thing that keeps that from being a 'contested catch' is that the safety misjudged his angle.

If that safety puts a shoulder into Ross's ribs as he extends for the ball, he's gonna blow the shit out of him. Ross put himself into a lot of traffic and exposed himself to a monster shot to go up and snag that ball.

I would say that there's absolutely a way to define 'contested catch' that includes this ball. I'd say if there's a 'business decision' that can be made and/or a possibility that the DB can make a play on the ball, that's a contested catch.

I'd guess that your definition really only includes plays where a DB could potentially get a hand on the ball? I think that's too narrow.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-04-2023, 04:30 PM   #855
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
Yeah, I think that's a fair distinction.

He doesn't really box out as much as he uses his length. They're still contested catch situations but he's not like Bowe in that he was simply bodying guys off. He just uses that length and some angles he could create to snatch a ball that was away from his body (and thus usually away from the DB).

He's still using his body to screen guys off on a lot of those plays, but it's not like he's using physicality in the process - he's using length. And he has plenty of that.

I suspect that's really just an invitation for an argument over semantics though - I don't recall there being that few contested catches, they just didn't really seem like it because he was able to reach out and snatch a ball rather than battle through contact for it. So then we're quibbling over 'contested catches'.

I think it's probably fair to say that he's a guy who wins through body control and length. I don't think he's very sudden nor does he have excellent deep speed. There's some build-up speed there, but I would put it at about average. Nor does he win through physicality.

He's an odd comp, really. There aren't a lot of guys who win that way. Colston? Victor Cruz?

How 'bout Keenan Allen? Allen's not super sudden, not super fast, but he's pretty long and he's crafty. Taller WR but not terribly physical.

I think I can live with that as a 'type' - a Keenan Allen type who will have to continue to refine his route-running technique (and stay healthy) to succeed at this level.
The problem with that play isn't arguing the semantics of a contested catch necessarily, it's that there are only a handful of even those on his tape. He wins routes for clean catches most of the time.

His physical comps are more like AJ Green or Preston Williams. The question is which player he can be closer to. AJ Green would be awfully lofty. Being better than Preston Williams is easily attainable. His usage might fall somewhere more in line with Courtland Sutton.