Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old Today, 07:57 AM  

Nate Taylor: Chiefs plan to extend Creed Humphrey and Trey Smith before season begins

Quote:
Throughout the next month — before the season opener Sept. 5 against the Baltimore Ravens — the Chiefs will attempt to sign Humphrey and Smith to lucrative contract extensions, a feat that Veach has yet to achieve this time of the year in the previous six seasons during his tenure.

“Your hope is that everybody gets paid,” Mahomes said. “I tell Veach all the time: ‘You draft too well.’ It’s a good problem to have. I’m excited for those guys and it all gets handled in the right way. The hope is to keep this core together. I’ll have that flexibility in my contract to help get them some money as much as possible.”

Along with Humphrey and Smith, the Chiefs also want to sign linebacker Nick Bolton (entering the last year of his rookie contract) and kicker Harrison Butker (entering the final year of his contract) to multiyear extensions.
wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 07:59 AM   #2
Mindful Taoist German

Wow. I'm a lil' surprised. I figured we'd let Smith walk. He would get a fat contract on the open market.
Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:59 AM   #3
You're CARICATURES, ALL of you

KC_Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC_Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC_Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC_Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC_Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC_Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC_Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC_Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC_Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC_Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC_Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 08:04 AM   #4
Back-to-Back-to-Back.......

Will be a mistake if true. You don't pay your interior oline premium money in a finesse pass first offense. One or the other is more reasonable but both feels like malpractice. Its one thing if your QB is on a rookie deal but not anymore.
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 6     Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:05 AM   #5
Hello

Gonna be a crazy few years of mega contracts coming out for this team
Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 08:08 AM   #6
You gotta kill a few people

Personally, I think Trey Smith is the kind of guy you let walk but Veach certainly has a better read on things than I do so I’ll wait and see.
ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:09 AM   #7
sorta mod-ish

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWillie View Post
Will be a mistake if true. You don't pay your interior oline premium money in a finesse pass first offsense. One or the other is more reasonable but both feels like malpractice. Its one thing if your QB is on a rookie deal but not anymore.
It'd be a mistake if Creed wasn't a top 3 (2?) center in the league. You don't lose that guy in front of a generational QB, especially one that said himself he can adjust his contract for the betterment of the team.

I'll trust Veach regarding Trey, but I'm a little surprised if he extends him as well.
Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 08:10 AM   #8
Veteran

Oh boy.

Big decision time. You pay both of these guys and we likely start losing key parts of the defense.
Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old Today, 08:10 AM   #9
Three-Pat

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaVirus View Post
Personally, I think Trey Smith is the kind of guy you let walk but Veach certainly has a better read on things than I do so I’ll wait and see.
Agree with you. I have no issues keeping Smith if Veach thinks it’s best. Just hope it doesn’t cost us Bolton/McDuffie down the line as I still think Butker is resigned regardless.
tredadda has disabled reputation
Old Today, 08:10 AM   #10
MVP

I'd be surprised if we keep both. If we do it probably means bolton walks. You cant tie up that much money in non premium posistions imo. But also Nate is wrong a lot. especially around draft time. I'm not putting too much into this. His source proablaby said the chiefs would like to.
Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.
Old Today, 08:11 AM   #11
In Search of a Life

You aren't gonna keep a defense together anyway and defense is too rocky year to year.

Some of those guys are gonna walk, regardless.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 08:16 AM   #12
Back-to-Back-to-Back.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowser View Post
It'd be a mistake if Creed wasn't a top 3 (2?) center in the league. You don't lose that guy in front of a generational QB, especially one that said himself he can adjust his contract for the betterment of the team.

I'll trust Veach regarding Trey, but I'm a little surprised if he extends him as well.
But you do. You WANT a Top center but you definitely DO NOT want to pay them like it ESPECIALLY when you play how we play. If we do sign these two we better start QB sneaking again and running from under center on 3rd and short and 4th and short otherwise you are paying a premium on something that you don't even use to its fullest.
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 08:18 AM   #13
SNAP THE ****ING BALL!!!

It seems like the one thing even Mahomes can't overcome is inside pressure, so if this is the way Veach thinks is best to prevent that, then so be it.
kysirsoze is obviously part of the inner Circle.kysirsoze is obviously part of the inner Circle.kysirsoze is obviously part of the inner Circle.kysirsoze is obviously part of the inner Circle.kysirsoze is obviously part of the inner Circle.kysirsoze is obviously part of the inner Circle.kysirsoze is obviously part of the inner Circle.kysirsoze is obviously part of the inner Circle.kysirsoze is obviously part of the inner Circle.kysirsoze is obviously part of the inner Circle.kysirsoze is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 4 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:21 AM   #14
Going home eventually

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWillie View Post
Will be a mistake if true. You don't pay your interior oline premium money in a finesse pass first offense. One or the other is more reasonable but both feels like malpractice. Its one thing if your QB is on a rookie deal but not anymore.
I think our management and coaches have more than earned our trust. I would bet that Mahomes is in on these decisions of who he wants on offense and who just would rather have replaced. They want them to stay then we should support that.
Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 08:21 AM   #15
The man you could post like.

Personally would've much rather given the money apparently earmarked for Trey Smith to Sneed instead
Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote