Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 07-15-2015, 08:45 AM  
Supporter

Fire Me Boy! What's For Dinner? Thread

Since the other one got too big, let's keep the food truck rolling. Whacha got?

Vol 2. http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285408

Last edited by Buehler445; 03-02-2020 at 09:14 AM..
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-24-2015, 06:51 PM   #391
Immanentize The Eschaton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squalor2 View Post
ahh, your spice is completely different than your ingredients. listo, you got the flavor right but you are mixing ingredients that are without moisture to a batter. when you deal with spices that are ground or powdered. they are a seasoning. a seasoning is an additive. to me if i want those flavours in a pancake, i cook some peaches or apples to syrup and COOK those flavours into it.

most important is if it ain't broke don't fix it.
They come out incredibly delicious. It's extremely easy and convenient to add those spices to the batter before cooking them up. On my first day off, after drinking heavily the night before, and waking up with a huge appetite...those things are glorious.
listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-24-2015, 07:04 PM   #392
Cast Iron Jedi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Lee View Post
Nothing fancy, just let the meat, bread, potatoes and gravy do the work.

Thats a veteran move, right there. Well done.
Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-24-2015, 07:09 PM   #393
Immanentize The Eschaton

Quote:
Change in the weather had me jonesing for an open-faced pot roast sandwich.

Simple. delicious.
I find myself craving carbs recently as we have had a few cooler days in a row and the nights have really chilled down. I should probably make a point of looking for complex carbs. I've heard that they are better for you?
listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-24-2015, 07:17 PM   #394
I like Pie!

I actually bought 2 roasts, beef stew will be on the menu for the other. Any beef stew lovers?
Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-24-2015, 07:20 PM   #395
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by listopencil View Post
I find myself craving carbs recently as we have had a few cooler days in a row and the nights have really chilled down. I should probably make a point of looking for complex carbs. I've heard that they are better for you?
I seriously doubt if an open faced sammy is good for you. But it was good to eat.

This is basically what I ended up with.

Had some good crusty Italian bread from The Hill, Mashed up the potatoes out of the crockpot, made a beef gravy from pan drippings.

Guess if I were more of a purist, I would have boiled the potatoes separate, but I figured the beef stock was going to get mixed up in it anyway.

Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-24-2015, 07:21 PM   #396
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by listopencil View Post
They come out incredibly delicious. It's extremely easy and convenient to add those spices to the batter before cooking them up. On my first day off, after drinking heavily the night before, and waking up with a huge appetite...those things are glorious.
hey as long as your happy, it ain't broke. i commented about dry ingredients being mixed with with wet ingredients.
Squalor2 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Squalor2 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Squalor2 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Squalor2 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Squalor2 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Squalor2 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Squalor2 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Squalor2 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Squalor2 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Squalor2 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Squalor2 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Old 10-24-2015, 07:21 PM   #397
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
I actually bought 2 roasts, beef stew will be on the menu for the other. Any beef stew lovers?
Stew is a little to tomato-ey, acidic for me. Shepherd's pie or roast with carrot, pearl onion and potato instead.
Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-24-2015, 07:21 PM   #398
Cast Iron Jedi

Quote:

Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-24-2015, 07:26 PM   #399
I like Pie!

Quote:
Stew is a little to tomato-ey, acidic for me. Shepherd's pie or roast with carrot, pearl onion and potato instead.
I don't put tomatoes in mine, beef, carrots, celery, onion and potatoes. I have added red wine but the wife was not big on it.
Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-24-2015, 07:29 PM   #400
Cast Iron Jedi

Quote:
I don't put tomatoes in mine, beef, carrots, celery, onion and potatoes. I have added red wine but the wife was not big on it.

Old 10-24-2015, 07:30 PM   #401
I like Pie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! View Post

LOL, how do you like / make yours?
Old 10-24-2015, 07:32 PM   #402
I like Pie!

Quote:

That's not nice...
Old 10-24-2015, 07:37 PM   #403
Immanentize The Eschaton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squalor2 View Post
hey as long as your happy, it ain't broke. i commented about dry ingredients being mixed with with wet ingredients.
Do you not add dry spices to your food until it is completely done? I tend to spice it as it is cooking and then add, for lack of a better term, condiments afterward. Condiments or toppings I guess.
Old 10-24-2015, 07:39 PM   #404
Cast Iron Jedi

Quote:
LOL, how do you like / make yours?

Chuck, onion, red potatoes, carrots, parsnips, peas. Homemade beef stock, I do like a little tomato paste. Fresh herbs.

I don't do beef stew as much as I do beef bourguignon.
Old 10-24-2015, 07:47 PM   #405
I like Pie!

Quote:
Chuck, onion, red potatoes, carrots, parsnips, peas. Homemade beef stock, I do like a little tomato paste. Fresh herbs.

I don't do beef stew as much as I do beef bourguignon.

I also add peas at the end, going to have to look up beef bourguignon if I remember long enough how to spell it.