Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-15-2022, 03:06 PM   #2
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac459 View Post
We don’t load trailers while connected to a truck, we rotate trailers.

You show up, drop the trailer you have back under a loaded one and leave. Then a tractor with a ball picks up the empty and backs it to the chute. That trailer is then loaded behind the tractor until the next truck arrives, then it starts over. The trucks don’t stop long enough to charge at the farm, if they had a charger on the way that would put 35 miles on in 10 mins our average length of gas stop that would be nice

Also it needs to be able to tow about 4000 lbs more for it to make it past the first requirement I have for it

What farms are notorious for shady electric work? How do you know I do what I please?
You can definitely already get 35 miles in 10 minutes at a supercharger, but you probably won't be installing one of those on the farm.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
aturnis wants to die in a aids tree fire.aturnis wants to die in a aids tree fire.aturnis wants to die in a aids tree fire.aturnis wants to die in a aids tree fire.aturnis wants to die in a aids tree fire.aturnis wants to die in a aids tree fire.aturnis wants to die in a aids tree fire.aturnis wants to die in a aids tree fire.aturnis wants to die in a aids tree fire.aturnis wants to die in a aids tree fire.aturnis wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 11-30-2019, 08:58 PM   #3
Supporter

What’s with the hospital, Mac?
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-01-2019, 02:48 PM   #4
Elway be drinkin' again

This thread-
One last time
Repeat after me..

It Is Not a Truck
And Musk is crazy
Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 12-01-2019, 03:12 PM   #5
The Constitutional Choo choo

Thats not a truck. Its a nightmare of beta male proportions..
LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 03:13 PM   #6
MVP

Meh...

I just bought a new Toyota mini van.

What could be cooler than that?
Inspector wants to die in a aids tree fire.Inspector wants to die in a aids tree fire.Inspector wants to die in a aids tree fire.Inspector wants to die in a aids tree fire.Inspector wants to die in a aids tree fire.Inspector wants to die in a aids tree fire.Inspector wants to die in a aids tree fire.Inspector wants to die in a aids tree fire.Inspector wants to die in a aids tree fire.Inspector wants to die in a aids tree fire.Inspector wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 12-01-2019, 03:43 PM   #7
The Seated Villain

I wouldn’t expect anyone that depends on their truck for their livelihood to be an early adopter of any electric truck, but I think there is an enormous market for this among people who use their trucks for recreation. As the technology gets proven and more customized options get introduced, I expect that work trucks will start to get replaced as well.
MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 12-01-2019, 04:43 PM   #8
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicHef View Post
I wouldn’t expect anyone that depends on their truck for their livelihood to be an early adopter of any electric truck, but I think there is an enormous market for this among people who use their trucks for recreation. As the technology gets proven and more customized options get introduced, I expect that work trucks will start to get replaced as well.
Which is pretty much the position that I've taken, but then you've got dudes like aturnis saying THERE IS NOTHING A GASSER CAN DO THAT THIS CAN'T. and TOOLBOXES ARE WORTHLESS that I feel compelled to push back on.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-15-2022, 03:12 PM   #9
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post
Which is pretty much the position that I've taken, but then you've got dudes like aturnis saying THERE IS NOTHING A GASSER CAN DO THAT THIS CAN'T. and TOOLBOXES ARE WORTHLESS that I feel compelled to push back on.
I feel attacked! Jk. Seriously though, if you're in just about any form of construction, you should be an early adopter. Especially if you're a decent sized company with lots of trucks. I work construction and there aren't many trades I work with who wouldn't immediately lower their operating costs going electric.

Ironically, around here, the only trade who might not be able to is solar installers. Their area of operation is so large, unless they have supercharger access an hour or on every highway out of town they would have some close calls and maybe some strandings.

Not many contractors drive 2 hrs each way in a day other than them.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
aturnis wants to die in a aids tree fire.aturnis wants to die in a aids tree fire.aturnis wants to die in a aids tree fire.aturnis wants to die in a aids tree fire.aturnis wants to die in a aids tree fire.aturnis wants to die in a aids tree fire.aturnis wants to die in a aids tree fire.aturnis wants to die in a aids tree fire.aturnis wants to die in a aids tree fire.aturnis wants to die in a aids tree fire.aturnis wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 12-27-2019, 02:51 PM   #10
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicHef View Post
I wonder what proportion of people with trucks use it for truck purposes. I live in the middle of a city so my perspective is skewed, but the trucks I see are not fording creeks or hauling cattle trailers.

In more rural areas, you undoubtedly have a lot more working trucks. But even in a small town I have a feeling that half of the trucks are purchased as a style choice rather than a need.
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-27-2019, 03:10 PM   #11
The Seated Villain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Man View Post
I wonder what proportion of people with trucks use it for truck purposes. I live in the middle of a city so my perspective is skewed, but the trucks I see are not fording creeks or hauling cattle trailers.

In more rural areas, you undoubtedly have a lot more working trucks. But even in a small town I have a feeling that half of the trucks are purchased as a style choice rather than a need.
Mine (suburban area) was purchased for a specific need, but the mileage is so awful that it only gets used for those specific needs, and it sits more than it gets driven. If it was, say, electric, it would actually replace another car of mine as well. With that in mind, I did reserve a Cybertruck.
MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 12-27-2019, 04:15 PM   #12
Fight, build, win!

Quote:

Undoubtably most are not used for much but hauling home occasional lumber or appliances etc. A working truck has signs it will be banged up a bit exterior. There will be dirt in wheel wells and underneath their driveway will have big chunks of mud that has dropped from underneath. This is because finding a old style wand coin operated wash is hard they are going instinct. When you do find one the they might boot you because it's hard on there drainage system.

I have a truck that I use for hunting fishing and camping. My work furnished truck I have been all over the most the lower 48 plus portions of Canada. I'd rather fly or travel comfortably but the equiptment and gear have to get there somehow. I drive a truck as little as possible when home.

typed with my trusty nose picker using Tapatalk
srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-27-2019, 05:31 PM   #13
MVP

Quote:

I'd bet it's more than half. KC is full of people spending discretionary income on large vehicles that are essentially glorified cars. There's even a lot of four door dually trucks with balls on the bumpers that look like they've never even had a trailer hooked to them and when you look over the bed rail the bed mat doesn't even have a hole cut in it for a gooseneck ball. I find it rather amusing considering when you push a pencil to some of these vehicles the cost per mile driven is quite substantial.

I also wonder how many of the people who put a deposit down realize just how big this truck is. It's not going to fit in some garages and they're going to get to learn just how fun it is taking one of these trucks to the grocery store when they try to pull into the parking spaces.
ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 12-28-2019, 12:56 AM   #14
best in the biz

Quote:

My s10 is for ladders,etc...pound the miles on ..oops spilled a coke oh well work truck.

My Elco gets pulled out on occasion.
stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-03-2020, 02:28 PM   #15
Supporter

Quote:

My truck is used to drive to and from work most days. But keep in mind that farming is not the only legitimate use for a truck. I have used mine for towing a camper and a motorcycle trailer. I have used to it haul a bunch of different things over the years including lumber, flooring, roofing shingles, trash, appliances, and on and on. It's also the designated vehicle for taking my dogs on a ride.
Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.