Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 03-02-2024, 12:39 PM  
MVP

Chiefs Free Agent Mike Danna

Don't know how accurate sportrac is with their "market value" guesstimations but I personally hope the Chiefs can retain Danna. Do you (the CP brain trust) think he is an important piece to retaining some of our D consistency (especially with Omenihu going to miss half the season) or do you think FAU/BJ Thompson can step in without a drop off in production? Or will the Chiefs find a DE gem to step in and wreck from that side of the ball?

FAU and BJ Thompson really didn't see much action last year so hard to gauge their readiness.

Quote:
The 26-year-old defensive end is coming off a great 2023 season, where he started in 16 games and played a career-high 78.5% defensive snaps. The former fifth-round had 50 total tackles, 13 quarterback hits, seven tackles for loss, and 6.5 sacks. He was also ranked third in quarterback hurries (21).

Spotrac projects Danna to get paid this offseason as his calculated market value is a three-year, $50 million deal. That might be too expensive for the Chiefs’ wallet as they have other pressing needs.
DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-29-2024, 06:35 PM   #46
I Like The Kansas City Chiefs

Quote:
Originally Posted by -King- View Post
You don't have to have financial incentive to cut someone. If a draft pick is capable of catching balls thrown his way and play special teams and not be a distraction off the field, then he's better for the team than Toney regardless of if we save money cutting Toney or not.
Thing with Toney is that just can’t have him on the field.

He can’t reliably catch the ball when he’s wide open and the ball hits him in the hands. He can turn any easy 15 yard gain into a turnover.

If he’s a risk of major negative plays even when he’s schemed wide open, then he can’t see the field.

I’d rather just pay him and cut him.
smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-29-2024, 06:52 PM   #47
Three-Pat

Quote:
Originally Posted by -King- View Post
You don't have to have financial incentive to cut someone. If a draft pick is capable of catching balls thrown his way and play special teams and not be a distraction off the field, then he's better for the team than Toney regardless of if we save money cutting Toney or not.
Sure. But if said player can do that then he provides more value than Moore. He’s an easier player to cut.
tredadda has disabled reputation
Old 03-29-2024, 07:30 PM   #48
Special Teams ACE!!!

Felix has had a flash play or two in just about every game where he's been given any kind of chance for playing time. I have no clue why he was stashed the way he was, but I want to see him kick some ass the way I know he can.

I love Danna and what he's done for us, but if we bring him back I hope it's not for anything more than a 1-year deal
RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-29-2024, 07:40 PM   #49
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealSNR View Post
Felix has had a flash play or two in just about every game where he's been given any kind of chance for playing time. I have no clue why he was stashed the way he was, but I want to see him kick some ass the way I know he can.

I love Danna and what he's done for us, but if we bring him back I hope it's not for anything more than a 1-year deal
Under Cullen and Spags, I have faith we're gonna get the most out of FAU as we can.
Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote