Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 06-07-2013, 11:41 AM  
Resident Glue Sniffer

The Motorcycle Discussion Thread

I figure there are some motorcycle guys/gals on CP, so I thought we could have a place to talk all things Motorcycles.

Tire Mount and Balance Prices (as of 10/29/16)

Prices based on if you remove the wheels yourself and bring the wheels and new tires with you:

Cycle Gear - $35 per wheel if you buy tires from them. $58 per wheel if you buy tires elsewhere
Rawhide - $65 per wheel (assuming it would be the same at other HD dealers. they book it at 1/2 hr per wheel)
C R Cycle Tires (DeSoto) - $30 per wheel

Cheapest I've found my Michelin Commander II's. Seem like they have good prices on other brands too.
http://www.jakewilson.com - Free 3 day shipping on orders over $75

Last edited by Dayze; 10-29-2016 at 09:02 PM..
Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-12-2014, 09:40 AM   #1036
Wish I had something clever...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayze View Post
probably, but not set in stone. I like to ride about 60-ish. we 'might' swing off to 7 at Clinton.
This would be a pretty fun ride from Springfield to Branson for you guys.. Lots of little town, but you could mainly go 60-ish. Especially if you are planning on going to Denny's Harley Davidson, its way off of 65 hwy.

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Spri...36.6436731!3e0
seaofred Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.seaofred Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.seaofred Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.seaofred Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.seaofred Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.seaofred Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.seaofred Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.seaofred Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.seaofred Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.seaofred Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.seaofred Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 06-12-2014, 09:41 AM   #1037
Resident Glue Sniffer

sweet dude.
Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-12-2014, 09:51 AM   #1038
Wish I had something clever...

Just trying to help, hope you have a great time.
seaofred Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.seaofred Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.seaofred Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.seaofred Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.seaofred Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.seaofred Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.seaofred Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.seaofred Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.seaofred Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.seaofred Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.seaofred Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 06-12-2014, 09:53 AM   #1039
Resident Glue Sniffer

appreciate it. we've never ridden down there, or really ever 'been' down there. so your suggestion is definitely a good one. we're not in a hurry to get down there so other routes other than direct are good with us.
Old 06-12-2014, 12:35 PM   #1040
Supporter

Quote:
my brother and I are getting a cheap-o hotel (includes a free breakfast......shuttle lol) there on the main strip (or whatever it would be called). the folks I'm riding with, they got a condo etc.

if you don't hear from them (or even if you do), you/ your group are more than welcom to ride with us. We're leaving on Friday morning. We can't check into either of our hotels/condo until 3pm. so we'll probably leave at 8am, and make our way down 13 through Clinton to Springfield etc then South to Branson. Sort of a mellow ride, no hurry etc. We're also planning on trying to stop at Springfield Harley Davidson probably to rest for a bit and to pick up a shirt.

The folks we're riding with aren't leaving until Monday, so My brother and I will be riding back Sunday. Probably a similar scenario; leave a little early and make our way back to KC on no real giving schedule etc.
When is that?
Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-12-2014, 12:43 PM   #1041
Resident Glue Sniffer

The actual event is 6/19 - 6/21. we won't be going down until Friday morning, however.
We're mainly going for the roads down there, but it'll be cool to hang out Friday and Saturday nights etc.
Old 06-12-2014, 01:14 PM   #1042
Supporter

I would love to go. Unfortunately, we have some stuff going on that weekend.
Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-12-2014, 01:40 PM   #1043

Quote:
The actual event is 6/19 - 6/21. we won't be going down until Friday morning, however.
We're mainly going for the roads down there, but it'll be cool to hang out Friday and Saturday nights etc.
What event is this? If you already said I missed it
crazycoffey is obviously part of the inner Circle.crazycoffey is obviously part of the inner Circle.crazycoffey is obviously part of the inner Circle.crazycoffey is obviously part of the inner Circle.crazycoffey is obviously part of the inner Circle.crazycoffey is obviously part of the inner Circle.crazycoffey is obviously part of the inner Circle.crazycoffey is obviously part of the inner Circle.crazycoffey is obviously part of the inner Circle.crazycoffey is obviously part of the inner Circle.crazycoffey is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-12-2014, 01:42 PM   #1044
Resident Glue Sniffer

Ozark Mountain Thunder

http://www.ozarkmountainthunder.com/
Old 06-12-2014, 02:24 PM   #1045

I wish it went Friday-Sunday
crazycoffey is obviously part of the inner Circle.crazycoffey is obviously part of the inner Circle.crazycoffey is obviously part of the inner Circle.crazycoffey is obviously part of the inner Circle.crazycoffey is obviously part of the inner Circle.crazycoffey is obviously part of the inner Circle.crazycoffey is obviously part of the inner Circle.crazycoffey is obviously part of the inner Circle.crazycoffey is obviously part of the inner Circle.crazycoffey is obviously part of the inner Circle.crazycoffey is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-12-2014, 02:41 PM   #1046
Resident Glue Sniffer

yeah, I'm really susprised at how they timed it.
Old 06-13-2014, 10:07 AM   #1047
Resident Glue Sniffer

FINALLY located som white wall cleaner/bleach. JFC, you would think I was trying to find Hoffa. i've always seen it on shelves, but naturally, when I need it, it was impossible to find (short of ordering on line).

got some metal and chrome polish.

I plan on giving my bike her fisrt good washing. Up to this point I've just dusted it, polished and wax the paint. White walls, however are turning into grey-walls. Looking forward to getting her pretty again in prep for the weekend and the next.

Old 06-13-2014, 11:22 AM   #1048
I'm your huckleberry

So I picked an 03 shadow spirit 750 as my first bike not even 2 months ago. I've got fairly comfortable riding it and have started commuting back and forth to work on it which is a good 45 minutes to an hour long drive each way.

Here's my issue.. I hit fifth gear by like 45-50 mph. I could ride 4th out a tad more if I wanted but the bike doesn't like it. The pace of traffic here is 70-80. At 70 mph the engine is screaming at me.

I've read up on replacing the rear sprocket with one that has 3-4 less teeth. or just going down 1 tooth on the front sprocket. This should make the bike a tad slower on accel but give it more top end. Many shadow spirit 750 owners say it makes a huge difference.

My question is do any of you have any experience with making that change on a 750 shadow or any bike for that matter. Any tips or advice would be appreciated as I'm new to this. Or is this pointless to waste time and money on and should I just be looking to getting a bigger bike sooner than expected?
DC.chief would the whole thing.DC.chief would the whole thing.DC.chief would the whole thing.DC.chief would the whole thing.DC.chief would the whole thing.DC.chief would the whole thing.DC.chief would the whole thing.DC.chief would the whole thing.DC.chief would the whole thing.DC.chief would the whole thing.DC.chief would the whole thing.
Old 06-14-2014, 02:25 PM   #1049
Resident Glue Sniffer

not a waste. it's fairly common. my 72 only has 5 gears; and 5th is pretty short anyway. so while it'll run all day long from a mechanical standpoint at 75+ etc, it's revving damn good. it's sweet spot is 55-65. which is fine with me since I don't have a fairing, and above 70 with even a hint of wind kicks the shit out of me. It really just depends on if you think sacrificing low end for the benefits up north is worth it Perfectly fine if you want top end etc. all in what you want etc.

in terms of getting a bigger bike sooner than later....just depends on wha kind of riding you want to do. usually 750's and less (my Vstar 650 only had 5) only have 5 speeds. Or, at least it's very common. some of the reason for this is the HP on the bike. since HP measured over time (RPM) etc. While your bike probably has more and enough torque to blast around on, a lot of bikes in that CC range lack the HP to push a 6th. So going down a tooth can help in this regard to a point.

Eventually I'll get a Street Glide or something of the like for long rides, but for now I just love being a hooligan
I think I'll always keep the sporty. ****er (1200 cc) is just too fun. grinding pegs, light, lots of torque. flicks around effortlessly

Congrats on the new scoot.
Pics........post 'em.

Last edited by Dayze; 06-14-2014 at 02:39 PM..
Old 06-14-2014, 02:40 PM   #1050
Resident Glue Sniffer

cleaned my white walls yesterday....wow. night and day. I guess i didn't realize how dirty they in fact were. The look kick as now.