Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 06-07-2013, 11:41 AM  
Resident Glue Sniffer

The Motorcycle Discussion Thread

I figure there are some motorcycle guys/gals on CP, so I thought we could have a place to talk all things Motorcycles.

Tire Mount and Balance Prices (as of 10/29/16)

Prices based on if you remove the wheels yourself and bring the wheels and new tires with you:

Cycle Gear - $35 per wheel if you buy tires from them. $58 per wheel if you buy tires elsewhere
Rawhide - $65 per wheel (assuming it would be the same at other HD dealers. they book it at 1/2 hr per wheel)
C R Cycle Tires (DeSoto) - $30 per wheel

Cheapest I've found my Michelin Commander II's. Seem like they have good prices on other brands too.
http://www.jakewilson.com - Free 3 day shipping on orders over $75

Last edited by Dayze; 10-29-2016 at 09:02 PM..
Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-06-2022, 11:09 AM   #2551
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevieray View Post
Kansas bikers: What is the process of titling a bike? Someone told me you can get a bike titled with a bill of sale?

Is this correct?
To title and register your motorcycle in Kansas, you'll need:
  • Signed title.
  • Motor Vehicle Examination (MVE-1) for out of state motorcycles.
  • Proof of insurance.
  • Sales tax.
  • Registration and title fees.
eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2022, 12:49 PM   #2552
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by frozenchief View Post
My son had a really cool job this summer. He worked as a dock boy at the fishing lodge where I go in remote Alaska. I’m all kinds of proud of him but that’s not what this thread is about. He took some of his money and he bought a Yamaha 450 dirt bike and he rode it while he could. But the guy selling it also had a snow bike kit. For those who are not familiar, a snow bike or tundra sled kit, allows a dirt bike to function as a snowmachine (snowmobile to those who aren’t in the Great Land). It looks like this:

it’s been a few years since I had a snow machine but I realized if he’s going to be riding that much, then I need to get back into it. I had to order last year’s model from WA because nobody up here has any sort of inventory - new or used. The used machines are new enough and expensive enough that I might as well get a new one or they’re old and beat up and will need work. Anyway, something a lot like this is on its way to me:

Mine will have a longer track. I wasn’t really looking for that much power. Frankly, I was hoping for a 600cc engine instead of the 850 but the 850 is what they had and there wasn’t much available.

Now I just need snow. Lots of it.
I've been out riding a few times but this last weekend, I went with some friends and my son on a weekend trip. We rode up the Big Susitna river to a lodge. Saw some Iron Dog racers. For those who don't know, the Iron Dog is a snowmachine race. It's about 2000 miles. Had a great time. My son loved his snow bike. But I am definitely feeling my age and the miles today. Just one giant ball of soreness.
frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-28-2022, 01:09 PM   #2553
MVP

Quote:
Kansas bikers: What is the process of titling a bike? Someone told me you can get a bike titled with a bill of sale?

Is this correct?
Tricky question.
Let me ask how old is the bike?
If you lack a title and the bike is older then 15 years old there is the Vermont loophole. I have known people to use this on old barn finds lacking a title.
Basically you can do this all online, get a title from Vermont, then that title would be recognized in other states and it would be a simple transfer.

This thread is very long but may be worth a look.
https://www.advrider.com/f/threads/h...-title.655441/
Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-28-2022, 01:10 PM   #2554
MVP

Oh, and its good to see this thread on the front page again.
I have been busy all winter updating my bike for this years adventures.
Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-28-2022, 01:51 PM   #2555
best in the biz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graystoke View Post
Oh, and its good to see this thread on the front page again.
I have been busy all winter updating my bike for this years adventures.
I hear that. Want to paint my tins. New chain and new front tire for the chopper. I'm ready to ride!!!!
stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-28-2022, 02:49 PM   #2556
(Sir/Yes Sir/Aye Aye Sir)

GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-06-2022, 04:27 PM   #2557

Proud dad moment... So the son and I end up getting stuck in the middle of not only rain, but a little a little bit of hail too. We had decided to not "wait it out", but to deal with it instead, and that's just the start. Not 2 minutes into it small bit's of hail start coming down and we were at another decision point, it wasn't just cold rain. As I calulated the best way to go and pulling over seemed smart, but dangerous at the same time, I get the sign from a guy in a truck who gets in front of me, I see the HD tag on the back of his truck, and he and his lady were there to make sure we had nothing to worry about in front of us, and to pace us. It's amazing how these things happen in the riding community! The riding community, and anybody who knows me, knows that I have pretty-much zero brand loyalty, but we look out for people on two wheels. The bottom line is I was able to witness y son take that step that "real" (whatever that means) bikers know, and explain to him how, even when in your car/truck, you watchout for and help your brothers/sisters on bikes. We got the help today, you might need to give the help tomorrow. So, again, for people who aren't fair weather riders (not that there's anything wrong with that), it's good to know that my kid is becoming a better all-round rider, and learned a lesson from somebody who we may never meet, about how you help other people/bikers who might have their hands full with the given situation. To the dude who lead the way for us, thank you, I hope I can buy you and your lady a beer to repay the courtesy some day...
GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-18-2022, 10:28 AM   #2558
Resident Glue Sniffer

Nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-20-2022, 01:24 PM   #2559
best in the biz

ya buddy. time to ride.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	betty2.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	164.3 KB
ID:	124309  
stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-20-2022, 01:45 PM   #2560
Award Winning Tailgater

Quote:
ya buddy. time to ride.
Love it! Glad the ride went well!
Monty wants to die in a aids tree fire.Monty wants to die in a aids tree fire.Monty wants to die in a aids tree fire.Monty wants to die in a aids tree fire.Monty wants to die in a aids tree fire.Monty wants to die in a aids tree fire.Monty wants to die in a aids tree fire.Monty wants to die in a aids tree fire.Monty wants to die in a aids tree fire.Monty wants to die in a aids tree fire.Monty wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 03-20-2022, 06:37 PM   #2561

The son and I had a great ride today. Wow, what great weather. did what we called the river run (MO 224) from Napoleon to Lexington, stopped at the Spotted Pig for lunch (The Heist was closed), then took the long way back home north of the river.

Good times...
Old 03-22-2022, 07:13 PM   #2562
Resident Glue Sniffer

that's a fun run.

we do the same running through Bates City (I think) ; F hwy (I think lol) north, and pick up that run along the river, then cross over the river and make our way to excelsior lunch at Wabash.
Old 03-22-2022, 08:44 PM   #2563
best in the biz

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryDayz View Post
The son and I had a great ride today. Wow, what great weather. did what we called the river run (MO 224) from Napoleon to Lexington, stopped at the Spotted Pig for lunch (The Heist was closed), then took the long way back home north of the river.

Good times...

I've done that run and ate at the pig with KC Wolfman
Old 03-22-2022, 09:57 PM   #2564

Quote:

I've done that run and ate at the pig with KC Wolfman
Once the early summer, we all need to get together for a ride... Start with breakfast somewhere, ride for a while, lunch, and just a great time...

The son is learning the various brotherhoods, and enjoying them all.
Old 03-23-2022, 12:55 PM   #2565
Resident Glue Sniffer

Heck yeah

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk