Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 06-07-2013, 11:41 AM  
Resident Glue Sniffer

The Motorcycle Discussion Thread

I figure there are some motorcycle guys/gals on CP, so I thought we could have a place to talk all things Motorcycles.

Tire Mount and Balance Prices (as of 10/29/16)

Prices based on if you remove the wheels yourself and bring the wheels and new tires with you:

Cycle Gear - $35 per wheel if you buy tires from them. $58 per wheel if you buy tires elsewhere
Rawhide - $65 per wheel (assuming it would be the same at other HD dealers. they book it at 1/2 hr per wheel)
C R Cycle Tires (DeSoto) - $30 per wheel

Cheapest I've found my Michelin Commander II's. Seem like they have good prices on other brands too.
http://www.jakewilson.com - Free 3 day shipping on orders over $75

Last edited by Dayze; 10-29-2016 at 09:02 PM..
Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-05-2015, 09:16 PM   #1786
**** SOC & **** YOU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayze View Post
I'm a sucker for bobbers. primary reason I ride what I ride. closest thing I could get to that style at good price.
I love bobbers as well. Got the thumbs up to buy one in 2006 as an anniversary present ago and immediately began converting it.

My ride

2004 HD XL1200C
30k miles (27k of them mine since 2006)
V&H Side Shots
Arlen Ness Big Sucker II
Corbin Hollywood Solo Seat
4 inch extension of forward controls
Removed tag/brake light and installed HD mod to convert turn signals to both
6 inch sweep to the front fender
No gloss black paint w/customer HD logo
Huge leather saddle bag that mounts just below the battery box and holds a 1l gas tank (not pictured)

early looks:

pr_capone is obviously part of the inner Circle.pr_capone is obviously part of the inner Circle.pr_capone is obviously part of the inner Circle.pr_capone is obviously part of the inner Circle.pr_capone is obviously part of the inner Circle.pr_capone is obviously part of the inner Circle.pr_capone is obviously part of the inner Circle.pr_capone is obviously part of the inner Circle.pr_capone is obviously part of the inner Circle.pr_capone is obviously part of the inner Circle.pr_capone is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-05-2015, 09:30 PM   #1787
Supporter

Quote:
His throttle control is unreal.
Indian Chief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Indian Chief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Indian Chief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Indian Chief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Indian Chief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Indian Chief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Indian Chief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Indian Chief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Indian Chief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Indian Chief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Indian Chief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 11-05-2015, 09:47 PM   #1788

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indian Chief View Post
His throttle control is unreal.
Called the throttle zone; clutch control, with gas and feathering the rear brakes keeps torque on the tires at slow speeds, and control through tight turns. Been a few years but I used to be pretty good in those "rodeos".
crazycoffey is obviously part of the inner Circle.crazycoffey is obviously part of the inner Circle.crazycoffey is obviously part of the inner Circle.crazycoffey is obviously part of the inner Circle.crazycoffey is obviously part of the inner Circle.crazycoffey is obviously part of the inner Circle.crazycoffey is obviously part of the inner Circle.crazycoffey is obviously part of the inner Circle.crazycoffey is obviously part of the inner Circle.crazycoffey is obviously part of the inner Circle.crazycoffey is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-05-2015, 10:07 PM   #1789
best in the biz

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazycoffey View Post
Called the throttle zone; clutch control, with gas and feathering the rear brakes keeps torque on the tires at slow speeds, and control through tight turns. Been a few years but I used to be pretty good in those "rodeos".
Always impressive to watch...I don't know about now, but when I got my License you had to do figure eights both directions in a square.

Wherever you look is where you go...I like watching his head movement too..
stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-06-2015, 07:37 AM   #1790
Resident Glue Sniffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevieray View Post
Always impressive to watch...I don't know about now, but when I got my License you had to do figure eights both directions in a square.

Wherever you look is where you go...I like watching his head movement too..
yep.

you should see the looks I get from people when I'm rolling up to a bike night or anywhere that parking is full and an open spot comes available on the opposite side of the road/lane/parking area.. I can whip my bike 180 etc in such a tight area; look where I'm going, upright seating position, let the bike lean, throttle/clutch/rear brake etc.

we have a guy we ride with that has a lot of d-bag qualities about him. He constantly races from light to light. revs his ****ing bike for no reason at stop lights. constantly checking himself in his mirrors to see how he looks etc. We roll up to a watering hole and I see a spot where all 4 of our bikes could go - I roll up, whip my bike around and back it in. The d-bag, rolled down a few more spots and parked. when he came back to us, he was like "Man...how the hell did you do that. there was no way i was trying that". My brother just laughed and said "shit...he does that crap all that time to me". my brother rides a Night Train with drag bars, so his overall position is a little different than mine. He's a little shorter too, so his legs are extended a bit more than mine are as well.
Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-06-2015, 08:02 AM   #1791
MVP

Quote:
I would just pop a wheelie through all that shit and call it a day.
Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-06-2015, 08:05 AM   #1792
Wearing ballistic dog goggles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazycoffey View Post
Same technique I used to us to make a u-turn on a narrow road on my sport bike. Takes some practice to get the feel for it but it’s a lot faster and easier than duck walking your bike through a multipoint turn just to get spun around.
Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-06-2015, 08:10 AM   #1793
I'm with the Banned

i would have taken out most those cones. Hell I almost took out Dayze once, on a long straight road.
Fansy the Famous Bard threw an interception on a screen pass.Fansy the Famous Bard threw an interception on a screen pass.Fansy the Famous Bard threw an interception on a screen pass.Fansy the Famous Bard threw an interception on a screen pass.Fansy the Famous Bard threw an interception on a screen pass.Fansy the Famous Bard threw an interception on a screen pass.Fansy the Famous Bard threw an interception on a screen pass.Fansy the Famous Bard threw an interception on a screen pass.Fansy the Famous Bard threw an interception on a screen pass.Fansy the Famous Bard threw an interception on a screen pass.Fansy the Famous Bard threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 11-06-2015, 08:12 AM   #1794

Quote:
we have a guy we ride with that has a lot of d-bag qualities about him. He constantly races from light to light. revs his ****ing bike for no reason at stop lights. constantly checking himself in his mirrors to see how he looks etc.
Next time you're riding with d-bag pull up next to him at a stop light and wait. Just before the light turns green reach over and turn his bike off then ride away laughing.
We used to do that to each other all the time, quickly learned to roll up to a stop light in neutral so you could cover you keys with one hand and kill switch with the other.
Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-06-2015, 08:55 AM   #1795
Resident Glue Sniffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke View Post
i would have taken out most those cones. Hell I almost took out Dayze once, on a long straight road.
Old 11-06-2015, 08:55 AM   #1796
Resident Glue Sniffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radar Chief View Post
Next time you're riding with d-bag pull up next to him at a stop light and wait. Just before the light turns green reach over and turn his bike off then ride away laughing.
We used to do that to each other all the time, quickly learned to roll up to a stop light in neutral so you could cover you keys with one hand and kill switch with the other.

awesome.
Old 11-06-2015, 12:10 PM   #1797
Supporter

Quote:
Same technique I used to us to make a u-turn on a narrow road on my sport bike. Takes some practice to get the feel for it but it’s a lot faster and easier than duck walking your bike through a multipoint turn just to get spun around.
Sure, but there's a big difference between doing that on a sport bike and an 800lb+ Road King.
Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-06-2015, 12:11 PM   #1798
Supporter

Quote:

I may have to remember that one.
Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-17-2015, 01:51 PM   #1799

Old 11-17-2015, 03:00 PM   #1800
Resident Glue Sniffer

Sweet