Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 06-27-2016, 11:23 AM  
Kind of a mod

Investing megathread extravaganza

A place to talk about investing stuff.

Last edited by DaFace; 02-19-2021 at 06:35 PM..
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-24-2021, 03:41 PM   #11536
TACO SALAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFace View Post
Broader PF question for you guys: How do you think about emergency funds when you're otherwise set up really well?

I'd consider my wife and I to be pretty well off these days. Stable jobs that pay well. Unlikely that we'd both lose them at the same time.
Assuming your pay is somewhat equal and either of you alone could cover a good chunk of the bills then, yeah, I think youre ok to shrink the emergency fund. There are conservative things you could do like laddering into government i-bonds that are probably better than holding cash most of the time.

In your position the emergency fund is really just there to help you sleep at night. Whatever you're comfortable with
ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 09-24-2021, 03:44 PM   #11537
Fish are scared of me

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiliConCarnage View Post
Assuming your pay is somewhat equal and either of you alone could cover a good chunk of the bills then, yeah, I think youre ok to shrink the emergency fund. There are conservative things you could do like laddering into government i-bonds that are probably better than holding cash most of the time.

In your position the emergency fund is really just there to help you sleep at night. Whatever you're comfortable with

Can get a bottle of Melatonin for about $2
Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-25-2021, 03:32 PM   #11538
The Planet's Only Superhero

Do you all handle your IRAs (Roth and Traditional) on your own or do you use a financial advisor? I changed jobs so I'm trying to figure out what to do with my old 403b.
Captain Obvious would the whole thing.Captain Obvious would the whole thing.Captain Obvious would the whole thing.Captain Obvious would the whole thing.Captain Obvious would the whole thing.Captain Obvious would the whole thing.Captain Obvious would the whole thing.Captain Obvious would the whole thing.Captain Obvious would the whole thing.Captain Obvious would the whole thing.Captain Obvious would the whole thing.
Old 09-25-2021, 03:42 PM   #11539
Kind of a mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Obvious View Post
Do you all handle your IRAs (Roth and Traditional) on your own or do you use a financial advisor? I changed jobs so I'm trying to figure out what to do with my old 403b.
Unless you are going to do something crazy with your investing strategy, I think it's pretty easy to just do it on your own with low fee index funds. You'll lose quite a bit in fees to most advisors.
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2021, 05:48 PM   #11540
Supporter

Quote:
It’s pretty easy most places. Mine is at Vanguard and it wasn’t hard at all.

Target dated funds are a pretty good facsimile for what advisors could do.

And most places have some sort of support functions to help with administration.

If simple management is your thing you could roll it to your new gig.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-25-2021, 06:58 PM   #11541
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Quote:
There are traditional financial advisors who take a percentage of your wealth each year and manage things. Those people seem overpriced to me. I did a research project about 18 months ago and interviewed financial planners around the country, and I'm intrigued by the newer type that are fee only advisors. They charge you an hourly rate for advice. Those people seem like they could be a really good deal if they know bigger strategic things to do rather than just picking stocks and funds for you. I think I will talk to one at some point about things like strategizing for Social Security and Medicare and things like health savings accounts where I've got a learning curve coming up.
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-25-2021, 07:46 PM   #11542
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Man View Post
There are traditional financial advisors who take a percentage of your wealth each year and manage things. Those people seem overpriced to me.
Completely agree. I struggle to understand what could possibly justify such high fees particularly for higher balance accounts. I have a similar feeling for Trust Administration/Executors. If you combine professional trust admin, financial planning for an account along with tax preparation, it could literally take the entire yearly prosit from an account.
Peter Gibbons is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Peter Gibbons is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Peter Gibbons is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Peter Gibbons is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Peter Gibbons is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Peter Gibbons is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Peter Gibbons is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Peter Gibbons is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Peter Gibbons is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Peter Gibbons is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Peter Gibbons is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 09-25-2021, 07:48 PM   #11543
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Gibbons View Post
Completely agree. I struggle to understand what could possibly justify such high fees particularly for higher balance accounts. I have a similar feeling for Trust Administration/Executors. If you combine professional trust admin, financial planning for an account along with tax preparation, it could literally take the entire yearly prosit from an account.
Yeah, i feel like they're living fossils from the days when you had to have a broker to make trades and when stock information wasn't readily available and when things like index funds didn't exist. 30 years ago you had to have one, but now you don't.
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-26-2021, 07:07 AM   #11544
Mod Team

Reading for the penny stock boys. I’m not endorsing these, just sharing articles.

https://www.tipranks.com/news/articl...FgQB9Uu3XAY%3D
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-26-2021, 08:42 PM   #11545
Fish are scared of me

NAKD poised to be a banger this week
Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-26-2021, 10:26 PM   #11546
Fish are scared of me

TDRK ,low float , can make a big move with little volume

Got a small position established Friday and made 18%
Old 09-27-2021, 02:28 PM   #11547
New and Improved

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin View Post
NAKD poised to be a banger this week
stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-27-2021, 04:06 PM   #11548
Fish are scared of me

ILUS up another 16%

CYBL 25%

Bought NAKD at the PM open at 6 oclock which was a mistake I guess. Made 8% but it actually went up 21%
Old 09-27-2021, 05:12 PM   #11549
New and Improved

I was a little slow to get on NAKD this morning but I'm up 17% so far.
stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-27-2021, 05:19 PM   #11550
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stumppy View Post
I was a little slow to get on NAKD this morning but I'm up 17% so far.
I got a decent bite out of it today. Got in at .75 and then got stop lossed out at a little over .80. I probably could have relaxed on the stop loss % some since I figured it would be all over the place, but I was just looking for some green.
rydogg58 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellirydogg58 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellirydogg58 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellirydogg58 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellirydogg58 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellirydogg58 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellirydogg58 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellirydogg58 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellirydogg58 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellirydogg58 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellirydogg58 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli