Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 06-27-2016, 11:23 AM  
Kind of a mod

Investing megathread extravaganza

A place to talk about investing stuff.

Last edited by DaFace; 02-19-2021 at 06:35 PM..
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-27-2021, 03:10 PM   #10846
Kind of a mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTG#10 View Post
That $6000 limit is only for deposits, correct?
Correct. You can invest $6k in AMC, and if it explodes by a factor of 100, you're still fine.
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-27-2021, 03:24 PM   #10847
Mod Team

Quote:
I know this is a dumb question and probably already covered to death in this thread but,

I just opened up a Roth IRA for the first time through Fidelity and deposited $500. Do I have to do anything for it to grow once the funds clear from my checking account? Like do I need to choose what the money I contribute is invested in or does Fidelity handle that for me while I just collect dividends? I plan on adding $500/month for the rest of the year then continue that next year to meet the $6000 contribution limit for 2022.
Set up monthly deposits into any fund you’d like. I do $500/month into my ROTH split between 5 funds. Fidelity has some good funds to choose. Look for their zero expense ratio index funds if they are allowed in a ROTH.

FNILX large cap
FZROX total market
FZIPX small/mid cap

If not they have plenty of low cost mutual funds that a very good.
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2021, 03:25 PM   #10848
Mammoth penis

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFace View Post
Correct. You can invest $6k in AMC, and if it explodes by a factor of 100, you're still fine.

I'm actually going to be fairly conservative with this since its for retirement. Any index fund recommendations? My 401k is 100% in AGTHX, is that considered an index fund? And if so should I make my Roth investments something different for better diversity?
MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-27-2021, 03:28 PM   #10849
I'll be back.

I have:

VFIAX

VANGUARD 500 INDEX ADMIRAL
Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2021, 03:28 PM   #10850
Mammoth penis

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewdog View Post
Set up monthly deposits into any fund you’d like. I do $500/month into my ROTH split between 5 funds. Fidelity has some good funds to choose. Look for their zero expense ratio index funds if they are allowed in a ROTH.

FNILX large cap
FZROX total market
FZIPX small/mid cap

If not they have plenty of low cost mutual funds that a very good.
Those first two look good. Guess I could do $250/month in each.
MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-27-2021, 03:31 PM   #10851
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by scho63 View Post
You're two weeks too late - nice timing.
Didi tipped me off a earlier in the month that the Chinese were doing the gestapo move on them.

As soon as they went public within days they doing a crack down.

https://fortune.com/2021/07/09/didi-...eet-investors/
neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 07-28-2021, 07:44 AM   #10852
Mammoth penis

Tilray holy shit
Old 07-28-2021, 09:06 AM   #10853
Mod Team

Quote:
Tilray holy shit
You back to breakeven?
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-28-2021, 09:59 AM   #10854
Mammoth penis

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewdog View Post
You back to breakeven?
I'm up now
Old 07-28-2021, 10:45 AM   #10855
Mammoth penis

So I placed a $500 market order for FNILX in my Roth this morning and it still shows open. Do index fund orders only go through at market close or something?
Old 07-28-2021, 10:47 AM   #10856
I'll be back.

Yeah they are slower.
Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-28-2021, 10:52 AM   #10857
Kind of a mod

Quote:
So I placed a $500 market order for FNILX in my Roth this morning and it still shows open. Do index fund orders only go through at market close or something?
Yep. I believe that's true of all mutual funds, but I could be wrong.
Old 07-28-2021, 11:30 AM   #10858
Mod Team

Quote:
Usually close of business day the order will place.
Old 07-28-2021, 11:31 AM   #10859
Fish are scared of me

Index funds should settle right away. Or maybe I'm thinking ETFs

Mutual funds settle an hour or two after the market closes.

Edit:
My QQQE is an index fund and moves throughout the day
My ARKK is an ETF and moves throughout the day
My HGICX is a mutual fund and moves after market close

Last edited by Hog's Gone Fishin; 07-28-2021 at 11:44 AM..
Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-28-2021, 11:43 AM   #10860
Mod Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin View Post
Index funds should settle right away. Or maybe I'm thinking ETFs

Mutual funds settle an hour or two after the market closes.
You’re thinking ETFs which are traded like stocks.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote