Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 06-27-2016, 11:23 AM  
Kind of a mod

Investing megathread extravaganza

A place to talk about investing stuff.

Last edited by DaFace; 02-19-2021 at 06:35 PM..
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-24-2021, 01:51 PM   #10801
Consuming CP souls

**** Draft Kings
Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-24-2021, 04:01 PM   #10802
Fish are scared of me

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewdog View Post
I got stopped out fully on 7-15 as I kept moving up my stop loss to the prior day's low.

I scaled out in chunks.

20% at 5% gain
20% at 6% gain
20% at 9% gain
40% at 15% gain

Total trade was 9.3% gain.
Not sure how long you held that but according to my calculations if a man can make 9.3% per month thats over 100% per year,

Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-24-2021, 04:05 PM   #10803
Mod Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin View Post
Not sure how long you held that but according to my calculations if a man can make 9.3% per month thats over 100% per year,

Oh I get some losses too! But I try to keep the average loss under 3% on a position. And again, I trade with 10% position size because that's what works with my trading average and the time I have available to trade.

This was a 30 day trade from start to finish. Most of mine aren't that long, however.
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-24-2021, 04:15 PM   #10804
Mod Team

Lots of earnings coming up. I entered a few positions last week that have earnings the next few weeks. I rarely like to hold through earnings and prefer to sell on any pop that comes before earnings. At most I may hold 25% of a position through earnings but if there's one thing that's true, is good earnings mean nothing to stock prices. It's all very subjective.

My current trading positions initiated from last week are:
ARKK
ALGN (just traded it early in the month for 5% and it retraced down and it's now back at my previous entry), earnings July 28
ILMN earnings Aug 5
LH earnings July 29
WING 33% of position left, sold rest at 5-6% profit. Earnings July 28

I've NEVER had so many positions with earnings coming up. I did not do that on purpose. I simply liked their breakout setup patterns.

Short list targets after screening today.

ATH 65.43, 63.19, 3.4%
BC 101.50, 97.79, 3.6% earnings July 29
CRNC 110.64, 104.96, 5.1% earnings Aug 3
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-24-2021, 04:22 PM   #10805
Fish are scared of me

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewdog View Post

Oh I get some losses too! But I try to keep the average loss under 3% on a position. And again, I trade with 10% position size because that's what works with my trading average and the time I have available to trade.

This was a 30 day trade from start to finish. Most of mine aren't that long, however.
We don't talk about losses here.

I missed TSLA the other day as it dropped to 622, I just got back from Carlsbad Caverns and slept in so I missed . It did drop Friday to a 638 buy target so got it there. Got my sell order set at 688 and will wait for the prize.
Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-24-2021, 04:28 PM   #10806
Mod Team

Quote:

I missed TSLA the other day as it dropped to 622, I just got back from Carlsbad Caverns and slept in so I missed . It did drop Friday to a 638 buy target so got it there. Got my sell order set at 688 and will wait for the prize.
TSLA is a good one. Many times prior resistance becomes support so you can trade it off pretty straight forward technicals.
Old 07-24-2021, 05:30 PM   #10807
Veteran

Quote:

I also bought a small amount of TSLA on Friday (although I got in at 639). I will be looking to unload somewhere in the 680-690 range. I need to put in both stop loss and profit taking order's before I forget again. Wishing us both luck! BTW - I am intrigued on TSLA as a long term play as well since I think their battery and solar panel technology could be a game changer for getting the average Joe off the grid and making their own clean energy. I think this is still a long way off, but Elon doesn’t seem to shy away from audacious goals.
Peter Gibbons is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Peter Gibbons is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Peter Gibbons is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Peter Gibbons is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Peter Gibbons is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Peter Gibbons is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Peter Gibbons is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Peter Gibbons is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Peter Gibbons is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Peter Gibbons is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Peter Gibbons is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 07-24-2021, 06:51 PM   #10808
I’m a Mahomo!

KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-24-2021, 06:56 PM   #10809
Why so serious?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KChiefs1 View Post
Not sure whom this poll was aimed at and how representative it is, but if 84% of respondents are already long, that doesn’t sound very promising.
TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-24-2021, 08:04 PM   #10810
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KChiefs1 View Post
Did the person who wrote that poll question ever take an English class? When I see poorly worded questions it makes me seriously doubt the rigor of the research. Perhaps they should hire Rainman to do their market research for them.
Peter Gibbons is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Peter Gibbons is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Peter Gibbons is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Peter Gibbons is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Peter Gibbons is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Peter Gibbons is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Peter Gibbons is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Peter Gibbons is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Peter Gibbons is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Peter Gibbons is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Peter Gibbons is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 07-24-2021, 09:05 PM   #10811
▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓

Quote:

How long do you think it will be bouncing back and forth in that range? It's been months now.
-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-25-2021, 03:35 AM   #10812
Fish are scared of me

Quote:
Originally Posted by -King- View Post
How long do you think it will be bouncing back and forth in that range? It's been months now.

97 days
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2021, 07:19 PM   #10813
▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓

Quote:
97 days
Hmm was thinking 84 days.
-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-26-2021, 07:44 AM   #10814
I'll be back.

CCIV switches to LCID on the NASDAQ today!

Merger complete.
Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-26-2021, 03:08 PM   #10815
Fish are scared of me

Some important info pertaining to AMC