Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 06-27-2016, 11:23 AM  
Kind of a mod

Investing megathread extravaganza

A place to talk about investing stuff.

Last edited by DaFace; 02-19-2021 at 06:35 PM..
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-20-2021, 08:29 AM   #10726
Why so serious?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTG#10 View Post
This is how I know you don't know what you're talking about. The dark pool price manipulation has been proven and even reported by the media. Do some research before you criticize.
Yup, never read Flashboys. Never heard of dark pool manipulation. LOL.

I'm sure that's really what's driving the meme stocks you're trading.
TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-20-2021, 08:48 AM   #10727
Kind of a mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin View Post
I wonder if DaFace has ever bought a lottery ticket ,ever?
Not often, but sure. But I didn't make a huge deal about how much money I was going to make on it and then watch idly as my gullible friend put his life savings down on it.
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2021, 09:18 AM   #10728
Mod Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedChief View Post

I’m reading flashboys right now. Great book!
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2021, 09:32 AM   #10729
Mammoth penis

Quote:

Tapout acknowledged.
MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 3     Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2021, 09:49 AM   #10730
It was not a fair catch

Now up 500+ today. Ugh
displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-20-2021, 09:59 AM   #10731
Kind of a mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by displacedinMN View Post
Now up 500+ today. Ugh
Why "ugh"?
Old 07-20-2021, 10:38 AM   #10732
It was not a fair catch

I can't take the roller coaster
At least I am only down 4500 the last two.days
displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-20-2021, 10:40 AM   #10733
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFace View Post
Why "ugh"?
I was doing more of a "whoo!"
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-20-2021, 11:19 AM   #10734
Mammoth penis

Quote:
AMC is gonna have a good day tomorrow, I can feel it in my loins.
My loins never fail me.
MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-20-2021, 12:08 PM   #10735
Supporter

Quote:

Flashboys was a truly fascinating book. I listened to it on the tractor. I had to keep backing it up and relistening to parts because I’d be like, “do what now? LOL”.

It’s like listening descriptions of ancient battles. Conceptually I know what’s happening , but I don’t know any of the names, formations, armpit weapons or context so it’s so foreign to me that it’s hard to visualize.

One of my favorite books.

And my broker was talking to me about similar weird shit happening on the minute charts in the grains. It’s no big thing for me but it’s hard for him to work in when it’s possible to get filled on these fishing exercises.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-20-2021, 12:31 PM   #10736
Why so serious?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post
Flashboys was a truly fascinating book. I listened to it on the tractor. I had to keep backing it up and relistening to parts because I’d be like, “do what now? LOL”.

It’s like listening descriptions of ancient battles. Conceptually I know what’s happening , but I don’t know any of the names, formations, armpit weapons or context so it’s so foreign to me that it’s hard to visualize.

One of my favorite books.

And my broker was talking to me about similar weird shit happening on the minute charts in the grains. It’s no big thing for me but it’s hard for him to work in when it’s possible to get filled on these fishing exercises.
Commodities markets are different in the way they’re structured, so you wouldn’t be subject to the same obviously bad behavior that the book chronicles in the equity market (which is pure thievery and pathetic in my view). But there absolutely are a lot of the same firms listed in that book (I happen work for one that touches tons of different things in financial markets and otherwise) who would be on the other side of a lot of your activity in grains by virtue of their role as market makers/liquidity providers. But I don’t think they’re taking advantage of you in such a brazen way.

Though I’ll give you an example of something that’s common to every futures market that can be thought of as a bit sketchy. If something is trading at 50.12/50.15 and there’s an average 10 on the bid and 10 on the offer and you have 100 to sell and offer them at 50.14, almost guaranteed the second you input your offer you’ll see a 50.13 offer show up right in front of you. If you cancel your order, that offer disappears. Put it back in and it populates again. And over and over again.

This is just the nature of ‘algos’ and how they operate in markets. It touches me as an institutional investor just as it would touch any retail investor.

And I focus primarily on interest rates so there was a fair bit in the book that was new to me as well. But the arms race for faster technology is something I’m well aware of and it’s absolutely fascinating.
TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-20-2021, 01:32 PM   #10737
Supporter

Quote:
Commodities markets are different in the way they’re structured, so you wouldn’t be subject to the same obviously bad behavior that the book chronicles in the equity market (which is pure thievery and pathetic in my view). But there absolutely are a lot of the same firms listed in that book (I happen work for one that touches tons of different things in financial markets and otherwise) who would be on the other side of a lot of your activity in grains by virtue of their role as market makers/liquidity providers. But I don’t think they’re taking advantage of you in such a brazen way.

Though I’ll give you an example of something that’s common to every futures market that can be thought of as a bit sketchy. If something is trading at 50.12/50.15 and there’s an average 10 on the bid and 10 on the offer and you have 100 to sell and offer them at 50.14, almost guaranteed the second you input your offer you’ll see a 50.13 offer show up right in front of you. If you cancel your order, that offer disappears. Put it back in and it populates again. And over and over again.

This is just the nature of ‘algos’ and how they operate in markets. It touches me as an institutional investor just as it would touch any retail investor.

And I focus primarily on interest rates so there was a fair bit in the book that was new to me as well. But the arms race for faster technology is something I’m well aware of and it’s absolutely fascinating.
Yeah, it's worrisome. I sit on a board of a company that does autohedging of grain. I turned them onto it. I don't know what their risk is, but I wouldn't want to be autohedging with massive swings on the minute chart periodically. I'd be the guy that gets ****ed - EVERY TIME.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-20-2021, 02:30 PM   #10738
I’m a Mahomo!

It’s a beautiful day in the neighborhood!
KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-20-2021, 02:34 PM   #10739
I’m a Mahomo!

Quote:
My loins never fail me.

Keep those loins happy!
KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-20-2021, 05:13 PM   #10740
Kind of a mod

Glad you guys can step back from the brink a bit. (And, yes, I mean that sincerely.)