Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-16-2022, 01:08 PM   #2
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcbubb View Post
But Is karlaftis a fit? I loved his interview and the chiefs are due to get a character guy but his size and length don’t fit the mold of what we normally seek.

I just don’t see the necessity of drafting a DE round 1 with this group of DE’s possibly available at 50 and later. Is karlaftis or Johnson have more upside than say Sam Williams?

7. D. Ojabo
8. A. Ebiketie
9. D. Jackson
10. S. Williams
11. L. Hall
12. C. Thomas
13. K. Enagbare
14. A. Barno
15. M. Sanders
Karlaftis is a guy I don't think you have to go up as high to get and save on some draft capital, which would be the reason I'd consider going up for him instead of Johnson. Is he a fit? I'd say yes. I haven't seen any real indication that length is of dire importance to Veach. Not that he has too many examples, but he did draft Danna and brought in Malik Herring. I'd have to think he'd prefer it but I don't think it's a deal-breaker. I think the length is relative at the position anyhow because it's a lot more about how they use their hands, present their body to the tackle, move their feet, etc. Hutchinson is taller than Karlaftis but has shorter arms, for example. I really don't think it's that important. Look at Bud Dupree, the same size as Karlaftis. He's pretty good.

Does Sam Williams have more upside? I don't know about that. Athletically, absolutely. That said, Johnson has some pretty good athleticism. But he's also nowhere near Karlaftis or Johnson technically or from a "motor" standpoint. I think about guys that are really good and they just keep coming every single down, win or lose. I don't think you're getting that from Williams but I do think you're getting it from Karlaftis and Johnson. That's my hangup. I fell in love with the athletic talent early on but have come down quite a bit on Williams. I'd like him in the 3rd. It's hard to measure upside, it's alot more than athleticism. The guy needs the drive to be great.
kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Thumbs Up 4 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2022, 01:33 AM   #3
Inmem 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by kccrow View Post
Karlaftis is a guy I don't think you have to go up as high to get and save on some draft capital, which would be the reason I'd consider going up for him instead of Johnson. Is he a fit? I'd say yes. I haven't seen any real indication that length is of dire importance to Veach. Not that he has too many examples, but he did draft Danna and brought in Malik Herring. I'd have to think he'd prefer it but I don't think it's a deal-breaker. I think the length is relative at the position anyhow because it's a lot more about how they use their hands, present their body to the tackle, move their feet, etc. Hutchinson is taller than Karlaftis but has shorter arms, for example. I really don't think it's that important. Look at Bud Dupree, the same size as Karlaftis. He's pretty good.

Does Sam Williams have more upside? I don't know about that. Athletically, absolutely. That said, Johnson has some pretty good athleticism. But he's also nowhere near Karlaftis or Johnson technically or from a "motor" standpoint. I think about guys that are really good and they just keep coming every single down, win or lose. I don't think you're getting that from Williams but I do think you're getting it from Karlaftis and Johnson. That's my hangup. I fell in love with the athletic talent early on but have come down quite a bit on Williams. I'd like him in the 3rd. It's hard to measure upside, it's alot more than athleticism. The guy needs the drive to be great.
The PR hit for whatever takes Williams is going to be something for a week or so
Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-17-2022, 06:05 AM   #4
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titty Meat View Post
The PR hit for whatever takes Williams is going to be something for a week or so
It will only result in one or two days of the team saying "We fully investigated the incident and we feel comfortable with our decision to draft him."
raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2022, 10:05 PM   #5
Veteran

Great point. I just think that there’s enough talent in that group that we don’t need to reach for a DE in the first. I don’t like Mafe or karlaftis that much more than a few others in the DE group that should be available later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kccrow View Post

kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Old 04-18-2022, 02:39 PM   #6
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcbubb View Post
Great point. I just think that there’s enough talent in that group that we don’t need to reach for a DE in the first. I don’t like Mafe or karlaftis that much more than a few others in the DE group that should be available later.
Oh, don't get me wrong, I like Karlaftis alot more than the others in the DE group. I'd definitely move up for him, just not as far as I'd move up for Johnson but it's not that far apart for me.
kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.