Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 07-24-2015, 02:47 PM  
Most Valuable Villain

Your yearly "Get DirecTV to discount NFL Sunday Ticket" thread

Just called in and got it for free again....plus a $10 bill credit for 12 months and a $5 bill credit for 6 months.

Didn't even have to haggle with the guy.

Anybody else tried yet?
The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-15-2016, 06:31 AM   #316
Cast Iron Jedi

Spent an hour on the phone with them yesterday. Got all the way to the point of setting up the DTV cancellation appointment. The couldn't give me ST for free, but they could give it to me for $99, and they'd credit my account $99. But they couldn't give me ST for free. LOL

So $20 off per month for 12 months, free ST this year, 1-year contract. Still paying more than I'd like, and it creeps up every year.
Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-15-2016, 06:34 AM   #317
Cast Iron Jedi

So a question.... if I got my parent's DTV login (they live near Springfield), would I be able to watch their local broadcast of the Chiefs games through the DTV app?
Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-15-2016, 06:50 AM   #318
It's Five O'Clock Somewhere

Sounds like AT&T is a little harder to deal with. I may wait until August to take a run at them like DaFace suggested.
Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-15-2016, 07:09 AM   #319
Cast Iron Jedi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwana View Post
Sounds like AT&T is a little harder to deal with. I may wait until August to take a run at them like DaFace suggested.
They encouraged me to call back closer to the season to get a free ST, but the reason I called them to begin with was I got my monthly invoice and my bill jumped from $147 to $192, and I told them we needed to get that drastically down or I was gone.

I went back and forth with retention and finally told the guy the only way I was staying was if I got ST for free. He came back with the $99 "deal," and I just said that wasn't good enough. He basically said that was all he could do right now, but I could call back and there may be other offers. I repeated it wasn't good enough, and if we didn't get this resolved today, we were done. He said that was all he could do, so I asked when was my billing cycle over. Aug. 11. I said, "So that gives me just under a month to find a new cable provider. Let's set up cancellation on Aug. 10." Then he put me on hold and came back with the $99 one-time bill credit.
Old 07-15-2016, 07:16 AM   #320
MVP

I still don't get why these companies can't negotiate with you in good faith. I don't want to ****ing haggle. Just give me your best price point and let me decide.

My 12 month cable contract expired and I got the new bill and called and had to waste like 20 minutes of my time to try and cancel the TV portion of my cable package. It starts out "There are no deals but look at all this value your TV package provides you," to which, I respond "Not $XXX per month in value, so cancel it." "Okay let me work my codes, oh I was able to get you a deal! 12 more months at exactly what you paid before."
Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 07-15-2016, 07:21 AM   #321
Cast Iron Jedi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightfyre View Post
I still don't get why these companies can't negotiate with you in good faith. I don't want to ****ing haggle. Just give me your best price point and let me decide.

My 12 month cable contract expired and I got the new bill and called and had to waste like 20 minutes of my time to try and cancel the TV portion of my cable package. It starts out "There are no deals but look at all this value your TV package provides you," to which, I respond "Not $XXX per month in value, so cancel it." "Okay let me work my codes, oh I was able to get you a deal! 12 more months at exactly what you paid before."
That was part of the problem. My DTV bill increases incrementally every year. It goes up, and I call and get it down, but I never get it down to where it was before it increased. So now it's $130. Last year it was $120. Two years ago, it was $105, before than under $100... it pisses me off. I could leave and come back in a year and be at $80.
Old 07-15-2016, 09:00 AM   #322
Kind of a mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! View Post
They encouraged me to call back closer to the season to get a free ST, but the reason I called them to begin with was I got my monthly invoice and my bill jumped from $147 to $192, and I told them we needed to get that drastically down or I was gone.

I went back and forth with retention and finally told the guy the only way I was staying was if I got ST for free. He came back with the $99 "deal," and I just said that wasn't good enough. He basically said that was all he could do right now, but I could call back and there may be other offers. I repeated it wasn't good enough, and if we didn't get this resolved today, we were done. He said that was all he could do, so I asked when was my billing cycle over. Aug. 11. I said, "So that gives me just under a month to find a new cable provider. Let's set up cancellation on Aug. 10." Then he put me on hold and came back with the $99 one-time bill credit.
Is that just for TV service or is internet lumped into that too? Regardless, that's just insane to me. I cut the cord a couple years ago at this point and am quite happy paying about $30/month for it.
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-15-2016, 09:16 AM   #323
Cast Iron Jedi

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFace View Post
Is that just for TV service or is internet lumped into that too? Regardless, that's just insane to me. I cut the cord a couple years ago at this point and am quite happy paying about $30/month for it.
It's 2 TVs, mid-tier channels, plus Showtime and HBO. And ST.

I'm probably another year or two away from telling them to f-themselves. My issue is due to my dialysis, I watch a lot of TV at night and in the morning while I'm tethered to my bedroom. So I'm very hesitant to cut the cord. Plus, I have no way to watch Chiefs except when they're playing nationally.
Old 07-15-2016, 09:20 AM   #324
Most Valuable Villain

My contract is up in April of 2017.....so I'm tied to DTV for that long. I installed Kodi last night on my FireTV and I'm going to show my wife and kids the benefits of it over the next year. My goal is that when my contract is up.....we can leave DTV behind and cut the cord.
The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-15-2016, 09:29 AM   #325
Sometimes it's black and white

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightfyre View Post
Preferential price differing. They don't want to give a discount to all those viewers out there that just re-new year after year without hassling. On the other hand, they would rather keep viewers at a some discount rather than lose them.

But I still hate that business model. Works for them, though.
Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 07-15-2016, 09:31 AM   #326
Sometimes it's black and white

Last year, I had a co-worker who got a discounted deal (streaming only but included the Red Zone) based on being a university student.

Anybody know if something like that is going to be offered again?
Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 07-15-2016, 10:19 AM   #327
20 Menthol KOOLs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan View Post
Last year, I had a co-worker who got a discounted deal (streaming only but included the Red Zone) based on being a university student.

Anybody know if something like that is going to be offered again?

InMem mentioned an NFL ST deal that was $200 on tablets earlier in this thread. If you were a college student you could get that for $100.
ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-15-2016, 10:57 AM   #328
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! View Post
It's 2 TVs, mid-tier channels, plus Showtime and HBO. And ST.

I'm probably another year or two away from telling them to f-themselves. My issue is due to my dialysis, I watch a lot of TV at night and in the morning while I'm tethered to my bedroom. So I'm very hesitant to cut the cord. Plus, I have no way to watch Chiefs except when they're playing nationally.
This is exactly why Direct TV is so lame.

I have three HD DVR's, every premium channel, the Sports package, the HD pack, Whole Home, the Protection Package, DTV Cinema - basically every single product Direct TV offers.

I'm paying $135 dollars a month with tax.

They don't have fixed prices. They don't offer everyone the same exact discount packages when they're available, so you have to take time out of your day to sit on the phone (often times in excess of an hour) to try to get the best deal. It's really frustrating and annoying.

That said, I love the product itself. The picture and sound are outstanding, the On Demand channels are awesome and we've haven't lost a signal since 2003.
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-15-2016, 11:04 AM   #329
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewdog View Post
So you can give us your number and funnel all the CP DTV subscribers who want a discount your way?

Thanks!
lol would love to but I quit about a year ago. I don't think that call center is doing directv calls just yet. I can tell you there is very little leadership or direction at their call centers so you can probably just rep shop and find someone who will do it. Some years they are more "giving" than others depending on their customer service ratings.
dj56dt58 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dj56dt58 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dj56dt58 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dj56dt58 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dj56dt58 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dj56dt58 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dj56dt58 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dj56dt58 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dj56dt58 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dj56dt58 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dj56dt58 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 07-15-2016, 11:10 AM   #330
Banned

I changed to dish. I get all the Chiefs games and only needed DTV for Extra Innings which Dish now has. I cut the cord for a while but ESPN Streaming SUCKS. Every time I tried to watch anything on ESPN it would freeze. It seemed to work better on Sling though. MLB.tv also has its issues.
dj56dt58 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dj56dt58 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dj56dt58 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dj56dt58 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dj56dt58 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dj56dt58 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dj56dt58 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dj56dt58 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dj56dt58 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dj56dt58 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dj56dt58 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.