Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 07-15-2015, 08:45 AM  
Supporter

Fire Me Boy! What's For Dinner? Thread

Since the other one got too big, let's keep the food truck rolling. Whacha got?

Vol 2. http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285408

Last edited by Buehler445; 03-02-2020 at 09:14 AM..
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-01-2016, 11:50 AM   #1411
Cast Iron Jedi

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyis4dcats. View Post
best tomato soup I've had is the Pioneer Woman recipe. I hit it wil the immersion blender to puree the chunks a bit more than it calls for, but it always gets rave reviews.

http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/s...d_tomato_soup/
That woman can cook. That said, I'd do a couple things differently. If you use a less acidic canned tomato, you don't need the sugar (or less of it anyway). Also, that cooking aisle cooking sherry is total crap. Use a dry sherry, it's far superior and no less cost effective (750ml of Taylors is like $8).

I liked the Serious Eats recipe because it relies on emulsifying the olive oil to provide the creaminess without actually using cream.
Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-01-2016, 03:30 PM   #1412
Mod Team

I am not anti-crust but it's not my favorite part of the pie. I'll rotate between thin, regular, deep dish. I'd rather more toppings and cheese, plus a killer sauce.
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-01-2016, 05:35 PM   #1413
Gimme My Berries Back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewdog View Post
I am not anti-crust but it's not my favorite part of the pie. I'll rotate between thin, regular, deep dish. I'd rather more toppings and cheese, plus a killer sauce.
I'm the same way. I love toppings ( especially veggies) and great sauce probably the most.
BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-01-2016, 07:05 PM   #1414
I like Pie!

The toppings stay the same, it's the crust that completely changes the taste of the pizza. My favorite is a crispy crackery crust like the old Pizza Inn style or my Fun House recipe. I still like to try different styles though.
Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-01-2016, 11:06 PM   #1415
Gimme My Berries Back!

I prefer thin crust or deep dish.
BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-02-2016, 09:43 AM   #1416
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! View Post
That woman can cook. That said, I'd do a couple things differently. If you use a less acidic canned tomato, you don't need the sugar (or less of it anyway). Also, that cooking aisle cooking sherry is total crap. Use a dry sherry, it's far superior and no less cost effective (750ml of Taylors is like $8).

I liked the Serious Eats recipe because it relies on emulsifying the olive oil to provide the creaminess without actually using cream.
Do you have one of those hellacious blenders or are you able to do it with a standard kitchen blender?

I ain't spending $400 on an appliance that gets used maybe once a month.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-02-2016, 09:55 AM   #1417
Cast Iron Jedi

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
Do you have one of those hellacious blenders or are you able to do it with a standard kitchen blender?

I ain't spending $400 on an appliance that gets used maybe once a month.
I have a Vitamix. You could blend in a regular blender, then move to the stovetop to simmer.
Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-02-2016, 10:16 AM   #1418
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
I have a Vitamix. You could blend in a regular blender, then move to the stovetop to simmer.
Ugh.

That's nowhere near as interesting as a true blender soup.

I was kinda hoping I could just put it in a Hamilton Beach for 12 minutes instead of 4 and call it a day.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-02-2016, 10:22 AM   #1419
Cast Iron Jedi

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
Ugh.

That's nowhere near as interesting as a true blender soup.

I was kinda hoping I could just put it in a Hamilton Beach for 12 minutes instead of 4 and call it a day.
You might, but I'd be very skeptical. Even in the Vitamix for 7 minutes it wasn't boiling or anything.
Old 02-02-2016, 09:01 PM   #1420
I like Pie!

Taco Tuesday, yes, I did the whole thing.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	000_0008.jpg
Views:	458
Size:	134.4 KB
ID:	111646  
Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-03-2016, 06:17 PM   #1421
Cast Iron Jedi

Sous vide fried chicken.

Old 02-03-2016, 07:44 PM   #1422
MVP

Quote:
Sous vide fried chicken.

Excuse me, FMB.........

I'm a little verklempt. This song is for you.

Dinny Bossa Nova 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Dinny Bossa Nova 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Dinny Bossa Nova 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Dinny Bossa Nova 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Dinny Bossa Nova 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Dinny Bossa Nova 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Dinny Bossa Nova 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Dinny Bossa Nova 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Dinny Bossa Nova 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Dinny Bossa Nova 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Dinny Bossa Nova 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 02-03-2016, 07:45 PM   #1423
Shit

Quote:
Sous vide fried chicken.

How does that work?
SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-03-2016, 07:47 PM   #1424
Cast Iron Jedi

Quote:
Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO View Post
How does that work?

Sous vide the meat. Dry, dredge, and the frying only takes 2-3 minutes. Zero chance of dry chicken. It was really ****ing tasty.

I'm going to try this again with chicken fried steak.
Old 02-03-2016, 07:48 PM   #1425
Shit

Quote:
Sous vide the meat. Dry, dredge, and the frying only takes 2-3 minutes. Zero chance of dry chicken. It was really ****ing tasty.

I'm going to try this again with chicken fried steak.
God damn that sounds good, cfs too.
SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.