Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 03-17-2015, 12:29 PM  
Has a particular set of skills

***Official Car and Gearhead Thread***

Seems like we need one on here to talk cars, mods and the coolness of your or their car.

Interested? Chime in
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-31-2021, 09:38 AM   #5116
Mod Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post
It depends on how cheap you are. If it’s me:

I drain it
Fill with 50/50
Run it. You have to get it hot enough to open the thermostat and circulate the coolant.
Drain it.
Fill with 50/50.

If you use water you have to be kind of careful, because water boils at a lower temperature than coolant and you don’t want pressure. Moreover there is no chance that you will get all the water out. None. So then you have to mix your own and get it a little strong to account for how much is hanging around in there after you’ve drained it. Then you have to test, run, test and maybe drain some out and try again. And if you mix it too hot it won’t perform well and blah blah blah.

I’ve had irrigation motors that I’ve drained everything, opened all the petcocks turned it upside down the whole bit. Then I go to working on it and I get antifreeze everywhere. And that’s the motor by itself. It’ll hang out in the reservoir, radiator, heater core, everywhere. So you’re signing on for a lot of work to get it back right if you use water.

And Like I said we have some pretty old antifreeze hanging around in places. I know you have to shed more heat than we do, but we also plug radiators with shit, so maybe not.

Especially if it’s not a DD I wouldn’t. Check it in the reservoir. If it’s not discolored or cloudy I’d roll it. Eventually something will go wrong with something somewhere and you’ll have to drain it.
What do you mean by the last part? Don’t do anything if it looks fine? Fluid looks fine as this is about 10k of usage on the Mustang but 5 years old so I thought I needed to drain it just because of age.
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-31-2021, 09:44 AM   #5117
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewdog View Post
What do you mean by the last part? Fluid looks fine as this is about 10k of usage on the Mustang but 5 years old so I thought I needed to drain it just because of age.
The “you need to change it after x amount of time” thing comes from the possibility of it corroding your system. That’s less likely these days because they’re using better materials. If you had a 75 ford, it would probably corrode the tubes shut in your radiator. That’s less likely these days with better materials and higher quality coolant.

Look at the antifreeze in the reservoir. If it’s nice and bright colored I wouldn’t mess with it.

This is an absurd example. It won’t look anything like this, but you get the picture.

Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-31-2021, 09:55 AM   #5118
Mod Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post
The “you need to change it after x amount of time” thing comes from the possibility of it corroding your system. That’s less likely these days because they’re using better materials. If you had a 75 ford, it would probably corrode the tubes shut in your radiator. That’s less likely these days with better materials and higher quality coolant.

Look at the antifreeze in the reservoir. If it’s nice and bright colored I wouldn’t mess with it.

This is an absurd example. It won’t look anything like this, but you get the picture.

Wonder if I should just drain it with gravity and then fill back up? That would be easy but wouldn’t leave water in the system.

My mechanic changed it 5 years ago and put the good stuff in it because I changed all my fluids: power steering, coolant, transmission, rear differential and brake fluid. We discussed all the higher end fluids and they put in what I asked for like Royal Purple gear and transmission oil. So I think I’ll ignore it like you say.

Only 10k miles on all those fluids.

Thanks so much.

Last edited by lewdog; 07-31-2021 at 10:05 AM..
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-31-2021, 10:25 AM   #5119
Fight, build, win!

Quote:
I need to change my coolant as it’s been 5 years, even though it hasn’t been many miles, correct?

I’m going to flush it myself. Should I just use distilled water or should I also add one of those coolant flush additives that claim to clean the system?
This is how my Dad taught me to do it long ago. We didn't use the cleaning chemical don't know if it was around then. Plain garden hose water is fine. The 70 30 mix compensates for the water that doesn't get drained out. I only use the 50/50 to top up. Straight is the way to go just like your bourbon.

srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-31-2021, 11:44 AM   #5120
I got Rice cookin in the micro

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevieray View Post
Gbody!

Oh year.
Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-31-2021, 01:42 PM   #5121
Fight, build, win!

There is a lot of info out there about why you should never take your car to shop to power flush the radiator.
srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-31-2021, 04:22 PM   #5122
Supporter

I mentioned that my wife got a new Mercedes AMG GLE 63 S last week.
The good: It's luxury and power combined very well.
The bad: At 530 miles it is dead, stuck in park, and waiting on a tow truck. It has a 12V and 48V system. It seems like the 12V system has died but who knows ��
IA_Chiefs_fan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.IA_Chiefs_fan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.IA_Chiefs_fan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.IA_Chiefs_fan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.IA_Chiefs_fan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.IA_Chiefs_fan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.IA_Chiefs_fan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.IA_Chiefs_fan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.IA_Chiefs_fan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.IA_Chiefs_fan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.IA_Chiefs_fan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 08-01-2021, 03:44 PM   #5123
Mod Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by IA_Chiefs_fan View Post
The bad: At 530 miles it is dead, stuck in park, and waiting on a tow truck. It has a 12V and 48V system. It seems like the 12V system has died but who knows ��
Well that's shitty luck. Try out a piece of shit Honda next time. Those things never die!
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2021, 03:46 PM   #5124
Mod Team

Best place to list a car to sell privately?
Old 08-01-2021, 03:56 PM   #5125
Supporter

Anybody in the market for 20 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 2-Door? It has 2200 highway miles and has never been off-road. It has almost every option. I'll be looking for average KBB pricing.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	5B43171F-51A6-4911-9221-1C5032E6D297.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	51.2 KB
ID:	122905  
IA_Chiefs_fan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.IA_Chiefs_fan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.IA_Chiefs_fan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.IA_Chiefs_fan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.IA_Chiefs_fan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.IA_Chiefs_fan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.IA_Chiefs_fan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.IA_Chiefs_fan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.IA_Chiefs_fan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.IA_Chiefs_fan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.IA_Chiefs_fan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 08-01-2021, 04:51 PM   #5126
Would an idiot do that?

Quote:
Holy shit those specs... a 3.7 second SUV and over 600 torque

I mean, infinitely slower at the moment (sorry, couldn't resist).
Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-01-2021, 04:54 PM   #5127
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat View Post
Holy shit those specs... a 3.7 second SUV and over 600 torque

I mean, infinitely slower at the moment (sorry, couldn't resist).
LOL, hopefully not for long. From visiting some forums it seems like there's been a bad batch of 48V batteries.

The 0-60 time is the exact same as my truck (TRX). I haven't really got on the Mercedes yet of course.
Old 08-01-2021, 07:46 PM   #5128
Mod Team

Quote:
Anybody in the market for 20 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 2-Door? It has 2200 highway miles and has never been off-road. It has almost every option. I'll be looking for average KBB pricing.
Damn that’s really nice. I’d love a Jeep here in the southwest. I just wish they were more reliable.
Old 08-01-2021, 07:53 PM   #5129
Fight, build, win!

Quote:
Damn that’s really nice. I’d love a Jeep here in the southwest. I just wish they were more reliable.
Won't happen till Fiat's completely out of the picture.
Old 08-01-2021, 08:02 PM   #5130
Mod Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by srvy View Post
Won't happen till Fiat's completely out of the picture.
That’s the truth!