Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Hall of Classics
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 10-17-2021, 12:36 PM  
Supporter

WTF is with Mahomes?

Since the Super Bowl the dude has not looked right. Now he is just flat playing with his head in his ass.

I think he needs to get over himself a bit. He has 2 critical INT's this season that are 100% his fault that he had 0% reason to every try and it cost us points, 1 game and maybe 2.

Last edited by petegz28; 10-17-2021 at 05:20 PM..
petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-08-2021, 10:20 PM   #781
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by petegz28 View Post
This team was not built to win 13-7 or 20-17. We got away with it the last 2 weeks because we played Daniel Jones and Jordon Love.
It's strange that the division-leading Faders did not "get away" with a win.

And they have MVP candidate Carr- while we are stuck with a guy that can't read defenses!!

Mahomes lead a game-winning drive and Carr did not.
Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-08-2021, 10:21 PM   #782
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfcan View Post
It's strange that the division-leading Faders did not "get away" with a win.

And they have MVP candidate Carr- while we are stuck with a guy that can't read defenses!!
Now do Raiders-Ravens.....
petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-08-2021, 10:21 PM   #783
Forever Royal

I was much happier with Mahomes pocket presence yesterday. He wasn’t dropping as deep or bailing unnecessarily. This predictably resulted in no reckless passes turned interceptions. Now he just needs to read the field better and make better decisions.

He seems to be determining his throw pre snap at times but if he can make himself do that to what will be a wide open check down like Brady always does he’ll be that much better.
mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2021, 10:24 PM   #784
Tip of the hat LIV Champs

Does anyone want to bet me that Patrick doesn't have another 5 TD pass game this season or two or three? ?

huh. Who here thinks Patrick won't throw 5 TDs in any given game rest of the season ?
Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-08-2021, 10:26 PM   #785
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. tegu View Post
I was much happier with Mahomes pocket presence yesterday. He wasn’t dropping as deep or bailing unnecessarily. This predictably resulted in no reckless passes turned interceptions. Now he just needs to read the field better and make better decisions.

He seems to be determining his throw pre snap at times but if he can make himself do that to what will be a wide open check down like Brady always does he’ll be that much better.
He did better in the pocket and didn't run from phantom pressure. But his passes sucked and his reads sucked. He tried to throw an INT and GB dropped it.

He is playing tentative and right now like he is playing not to lose.
Old 11-08-2021, 10:31 PM   #786
I'll be back.

Quote:
He did better in the pocket and didn't run from phantom pressure. But his passes sucked and his reads sucked. He tried to throw an INT and GB dropped it.

Mahomes shoved a red hot poker up your peehole on 3rd and 10.

AND YOU LIKED IT!
Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2021, 10:34 PM   #787
In Search of a Life

Quote:

So is he playing not to lose or just chugging it for the win- make up your mind.

I know he is no Watson- but you are making him out to be the worst QB of all time.
Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-08-2021, 10:38 PM   #788
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfcan View Post
So is he playing not to lose or just chugging it for the win- make up your mind.

I know he is no Watson- but you are making him out to be the worst QB of all time.
The chucking it up was dumb football. That's him trying to correct everything that has gone wrong with one pass.

Right now he is playing like one of the lesser QBs.

36 points in 3 games.

He is not playing good football right now. And though Clay likes to talk out of both sides of his face, the videos he posted show it.

The question right now is not is there something wrong with Mahomes, but what is wrong with Mahomes? Something is definitely wrong.
Old 11-08-2021, 10:40 PM   #789
World's Best Boss

Is the answer “he’s going through a slump” sufficient or nah
Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-08-2021, 10:41 PM   #790
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefspants View Post
Is the answer “he’s going through a slump” sufficient or nah
I think we know he is going through a slump. Question is, why? What is causing the slump and why does it seem to be getting worse?
Old 11-08-2021, 10:44 PM   #791
World's Best Boss

Quote:
I think we know he is going through a slump. Question is, why? What is causing the slump and why does it seem to be getting worse?
He went through a similar one in 2019 and I don’t think we ever got a dissertation as to why. He struggled in the red zone, throwing out of the pocket, and against man coverage at the tail end of 2019. He particularly struggled against the Chargers Cover 3 and then had similar struggles when the Niners recreated that cover 3 in the Super Bowl.

No one ended up caring about his slump in the back half of the year once the playoffs rolled around. He just needs some time, sometimes that’s all QB’s need to turn it around.
Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-08-2021, 10:45 PM   #792

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasputin View Post
Does anyone want to bet me that Patrick doesn't have another 5 TD pass game this season or two or three? ?

huh. Who here thinks Patrick won't throw 5 TDs in any given game rest of the season ?
Oh okay just ****ing ignore this ****ing post . Anyone of you going bet me Patrick won't have another 5TD game? I bet he does please someone bet me he doesn't.
Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-08-2021, 10:49 PM   #793

Pete will you take my bet? Bet me he doesn't have another 5 TD game this season. I bet he does Pete what say you? Anyone else want to bet? You all ****ing know Patrick can and will have multiple touchdown games come on bet me he won't have 5 again this season.
Old 11-08-2021, 10:50 PM   #794
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefspants View Post
He went through a similar one in 2019 and I don’t think we ever got a dissertation as to why. He struggled in the red zone, throwing out of the pocket, and against man coverage at the tail end of 2019. He particularly struggled against the Chargers Cover 3 and then had similar struggles when the Niners recreated that cover 3 in the Super Bowl.

No one ended up caring about his slump in the back half of the year once the playoffs rolled around. He just needs some time, sometimes that’s all QB’s need to turn it around.
He was playing hurt on a bum ankle then. And even so, he wasn't off like his right now. I mean his passes are uncharacteristically inaccurate right now. Behind guys, in the ground, way out of reach on deep balls.

Right now he reminds me of a Pitcher that insists on throwing his sinker even though teams have caught on and quit swinging at it.

The 40 yard pass to Hardman was made out of pride and stubbornness, imo.

Until he accepts the fact that he doesn't have to always have highlight-reel passes every time he drops back I think he will struggle.

When he learns to be patient and carve defenses up with the short to intermediate routes, the deep routes will come back.
Old 11-08-2021, 10:52 PM   #795
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasputin View Post
Pete will you take my bet? Bet me he doesn't have another 5 TD game this season. I bet he does Pete what say you? Anyone else want to bet? You all ****ing know Patrick can and will have multiple touchdown games come on bet me he won't have 5 again this season.
Dude, I don't care if he throws for 5 TDs in a game or not. That's not the point. Nor does that mean we will win as we have seen in the past.

I want to see him have a good game. If that means he throws for 2 TDs and we run for 3 then great. Lead the ****ing offense.