Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

View Poll Results: Who is your favorite Chiefs defender of all time?
Derrick Thomas 97 76.38%
Chris Jones 8 6.30%
Anybody else 22 17.32%
Voters: 127. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-16-2023, 01:18 AM  
SuperBowl or bust

Your favorite Chiefs defender of all time is….

Poll incoming

I think there’s a new Sheriff in town, boys.
BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-16-2023, 09:28 AM   #46
Three-Pat

DT. He was the first true superstar that I remembered KC having in my lifetime. He was just so exciting to watch and such a force for those elite 90s defenses that KC had. It just sucks he doesn’t have more postseason hardware because of Marty and his QB choices.
tredadda has disabled reputation
Old 06-16-2023, 09:43 AM   #47
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by -King- View Post
Tamba and Eric Berry

Brandon Flowers honorable mention
Brandon Flowers is up there for me as well.
mdchiefsfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.mdchiefsfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.mdchiefsfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.mdchiefsfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.mdchiefsfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.mdchiefsfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.mdchiefsfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.mdchiefsfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.mdchiefsfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.mdchiefsfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.mdchiefsfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-16-2023, 09:44 AM   #48
SuperChiefs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHOWTIME View Post
Can there be a correct answer other than Derrick Thomas?

edit: NVM
There can be other answers, but they're all wrong
FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-16-2023, 10:12 AM   #49
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

There are players that I adored from my childhood, like Buck Buchanan and Willie Lanier, but I didn't know enough about football to rank them.

As an adult, I would say that my favorite players have been:

1. Deron Cherry
2. Albert Lewis
3. Gary Barbaro
4. Derrick Thomas
5. Art Still
6. Chris Jones
7. Jared Allen
8. L'Jarius Sneed
9. Nick Bolton
10. Bashaud Breeland
Honorable mention: Anthony Davis

The bottom of the list is kind of fluid and I may be missing someone.

Edit: I missed Derrick Johnson on my top ten list. He should definitely be on there. I really like his post-career podcasts with Mike Devito, too.

Last edited by Rain Man; 06-16-2023 at 03:03 PM.. Reason: I missed Derrick Johnson on my top ten list. He should definitely be on there. I really like his post-career podcast
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-16-2023, 10:14 AM   #50
Supporter

Bobby Bell
Old Dog is obviously part of the inner Circle.Old Dog is obviously part of the inner Circle.Old Dog is obviously part of the inner Circle.Old Dog is obviously part of the inner Circle.Old Dog is obviously part of the inner Circle.Old Dog is obviously part of the inner Circle.Old Dog is obviously part of the inner Circle.Old Dog is obviously part of the inner Circle.Old Dog is obviously part of the inner Circle.Old Dog is obviously part of the inner Circle.Old Dog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2023, 10:19 AM   #51
bite me

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaChief58 View Post
There can be other answers, but they're all wrong
Read the question again: FAVORITE player, not necessarily best.

Edit: For the record my favorite player was Sherrill Headrick. Not the best ever by a long shot but, God, did I love to watch him play.
old_geezer has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.old_geezer has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.old_geezer has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.old_geezer has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.old_geezer has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.old_geezer has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.old_geezer has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.old_geezer has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.old_geezer has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.old_geezer has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.old_geezer has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 06-16-2023, 10:35 AM   #52
What's up braj?

Man I can’t believe the last year here hurt Eric Berry’s legacy so much. Dude was unreal when healthy.
Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2023, 10:56 AM   #53
MVP

DT easily.

I was 10 when I started watching the Chiefs in 1993. He was the man back then.
Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.
Old 06-16-2023, 01:25 PM   #54
Stay down bitch!

DT, he loved being a Chief. He embraced KC to the point where he fathered several children.
PunkinDrublic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PunkinDrublic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PunkinDrublic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PunkinDrublic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PunkinDrublic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PunkinDrublic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PunkinDrublic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PunkinDrublic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PunkinDrublic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PunkinDrublic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PunkinDrublic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 06-16-2023, 01:48 PM   #55
Starter

Although as I have grown to adulthood I can see the holes in his game, I would still say DT is my favorite.

My dad would of said Willie Lanier.

Everyone of my family members that saw Bobby Bell play say he was just as good at rushing the passer as DT was, and was the more complete OLB. Best athlete on the field, etc...
Son of Logical must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Son of Logical must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Son of Logical must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Son of Logical must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Son of Logical must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Son of Logical must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Son of Logical must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Son of Logical must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Son of Logical must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Son of Logical must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Son of Logical must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 06-16-2023, 02:39 PM   #56
Three-Pat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi View Post
Man I can’t believe the last year here hurt Eric Berry’s legacy so much. Dude was unreal when healthy.
He was on a HOF track until he just.....quit. Such a shame, especially after overcoming cancer as well.
tredadda has disabled reputation
Old 06-16-2023, 02:44 PM   #57
In Search of a Life

Still DT and will probably always be DT.

But Jones is 2nd and has surpassed Tamba for me.
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2023, 02:50 PM   #58
Roy E.

DT.

Still my favorite Chief of all time.
Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-16-2023, 02:51 PM   #59
Needs more middle fingers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi View Post
Eric Berry was my favorite for a long time. And im probably one of the few around here that never harbored any resentment towards him.

BUT...

He really only gave us a few good years. Between the ACL, Achilles and Cancer....we just didnt get that much from him in reality.

But his rookie year....he was THE reason to watch the Chiefs.

I still remember Haley talking about him his rookie year. About how he came into OTA's/TC and was already coaching up the guys on the defense. I remember that mostly because i was like, "Damn, they must suck if a rookie is coming in and schooling them".

And well...they did suck.
ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-16-2023, 03:17 PM   #60
▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Man View Post
There are players that I adored from my childhood, like Buck Buchanan and Willie Lanier, but I didn't know enough about football to rank them.

As an adult, I would say that my favorite players have been:

1. Deron Cherry
2. Albert Lewis
3. Gary Barbaro
4. Derrick Thomas
5. Art Still
6. Chris Jones
7. Jared Allen
8. L'Jarius Sneed
9. Nick Bolton
10. Bashaud Breeland
Honorable mention: Anthony Davis

The bottom of the list is kind of fluid and I may be missing someone.

Edit: I missed Derrick Johnson on my top ten list. He should definitely be on there. I really like his post-career podcasts with Mike Devito, too.
Breeland is real interesting. He was good for us but not great and wasn't here that long. Any particular reason for him?
-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.