Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old Yesterday, 10:35 PM  
SuperBowl or bust

LNBS: How Historic…

…of an offensive season are we about to see this year?

Mahomes is now a seasoned vet that can beat you in all facets of the passing game. You used to be able to limit him to short throws by keeping safeties deep…but now you have elite grab n go threats in the short to intermediate zones with guys like Kelce, Hollywood and Rice that will force defenses to cheat up. When they do, Worthy, Hollywood and others will get chances on deep balls on single and broken coverages.

I’m legit interested to see what defenses are going to do to try to keep us from scoring on every possession.

2 deep safeties? A corner/linebacker is man up on Kelce, Rice and other guys that can kill you 20-30 yards at a time.
Cheat up…Hollywood and Worthy run right by your last line of defense.
Drop 7…Pacheco has a career day
Your base defense is worthless unless you have an all madden team.

I just don’t see anything on this offense that can be taken away without a borderline elite player making you pay for it. There are no counter punches.

I think this offense sets records in the following categories this year:

5477 Most passing yards in a season
55 Most TD passes in a season
7474 Most offensive yards in a season
606 Most points scored in a season

Discuss
BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 10:45 PM   #2
I Like The Kansas City Chiefs

I’m hoping this offense is remembered more for efficiency than cumulative stats.

2018-2019 was such a damn good offense, but it had to be. That defense was a disaster.

I think this defense should around the top 10 defenses, so the offense won’t have to be so prolific.

I’d expect several games to look good early then finish a lot closer than they actually were. Andy seems very content knowing that he could’ve blown a team out, but also put as little on tape as possible.
smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:48 PM   #3
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

My biggest concern is a possible loss in Week 17 because we're resting our starters.
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:50 PM   #4
I'll be back.

The defense should regress to the mean a bit this season so I expect even higher offensive output to counter it.
Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 11:00 PM   #5
Tip of the hat LIV Champs

Patrick can throw 7 tuddies in any given game.
Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 11:13 PM   #6
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithandrew051 View Post
I’m hoping this offense is remembered more for efficiency than cumulative stats.

2018-2019 was such a damn good offense, but it had to be. That defense was a disaster.

I think this defense should around the top 10 defenses, so the offense won’t have to be so prolific.

I’d expect several games to look good early then finish a lot closer than they actually were. Andy seems very content knowing that he could’ve blown a team out, but also put as little on tape as possible.
Yeah.

Those 2018 offensive stats are the result of having to play shootout after shootout. There was no other choice, it was the only way we could win.

2022 I think is the more realistic version of this. Not every game has to be a shootout, but we can absolutely turn it on whenever we want.

I think back on the 2007 Pats and the 2015 Broncos, and while those offenses were historic, they were also running up the scoreboard when it was totally unnecessary. We COULD do that, but that's also never been Andy's way of doing things. He always seems to coast on a 14 or 20 point lead, and like you said, by the end of it it's a 1-score victory even though the outcome was never in question.

Last edited by Bl00dyBizkitz; Yesterday at 11:18 PM..
Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old Yesterday, 11:15 PM   #7
SuperBowl or bust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Man View Post
My biggest concern is a possible loss in Week 17 because we're resting our starters.
Carson Wentz will go out there with Carson behind him and a group of

Hardman
Watson
Ross
Wiley

And drop 400 yards and 30 points on Denver while Mahomes dies laughing on the sideline.
BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 11:23 PM   #8
SuperBowl or bust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bl00dyBizkitz View Post
Yeah.

Those 2018 offensive stats are the result of having to play shootout after shootout. There was no other choice, it was the only way we could win.

2022 I think is the more realistic version of this. Not every game has to be a shootout, but we can absolutely turn it on whenever we want.

I think back on the 2007 Pats and the 2015 Broncos, and while those offenses were historic, they were also running up the scoreboard when it was totally unnecessary. We COULD do that, but that's also never been Andy's way of doing things. Usually if we've got a 3-4 TD lead going into the 4th, Andy brings in the backup and we just coast to victory.
Bro….our best receiver was Juju that year.

Think about that.

The impact of going from what we had that year to what we currently have is not even comparable.

Worthy looks like a guy that has a chance to be an immediate star. His speed mixed with his raw ability is a game changer.
Wiley looks like another weapon we can get huge mismatches with. Not a lot of nickel corners that can match up, and most linebackers will be a mismatch.
Hollywood is a proven big time weapon. He’s also a guy that keeps running when the play breaks down and makes himself a weapon. He’s goi g to get a lot of looks from Mahomes.
Rice played out of his mind in the second half of last year and currently looks noticeably sharper in every visible way.
Old Yesterday, 11:30 PM   #9
Choco Favre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties View Post
The defense should regress to the mean a bit this season so I expect even higher offensive output to counter it.
Kind of reminds me of our 2021 team with a better defense.
New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 11:32 PM   #10
In Search of a Life

Drop 7…Pacheco has a career day.

Need to run the ball to take advantage of that. But otherwise I agree.
RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old Yesterday, 11:38 PM   #11
SuperBowl or bust

Quote:
Originally Posted by RINGLEADER View Post
Drop 7…Pacheco has a career day.

Need to run the ball to take advantage of that. But otherwise I agree.
He can catch swing passes, too.

There’s going to be space to work this year. Teams will be straight up begging us not to cut their head off with Worthy and Hollywood and will basically be donating yards to the backs out of the backfield.
Old Today, 12:24 AM   #12
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BossChief View Post
Bro….our best receiver was Juju that year.

Think about that.

The impact of going from what we had that year to what we currently have is not even comparable.

Worthy looks like a guy that has a chance to be an immediate star. His speed mixed with his raw ability is a game changer.
Wiley looks like another weapon we can get huge mismatches with. Not a lot of nickel corners that can match up, and most linebackers will be a mismatch.
Hollywood is a proven big time weapon. He’s also a guy that keeps running when the play breaks down and makes himself a weapon. He’s goi g to get a lot of looks from Mahomes.
Rice played out of his mind in the second half of last year and currently looks noticeably sharper in every visible way.
True. The WRs were complimentary pieces to round out the offense, but it was really the Mahomes/Kelce show. Kelce was absolutely unreal, he was literally in the running for most receiving TDs and receiving yards.

I think the potential is there, and it isn't just fake hype like last years WRs, but I'd like to see at least 1 real game of production before I'm there with you on the hype train. If anything, last years WRs ARE the reason I'm hesitant to crown this offense before they've played a real game.
Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old Today, 04:50 AM   #13
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithandrew051 View Post

This.

And it's also why teams like the ****hole Dolphins are ****ing front running bitches. Sure they blow everyone out in September because McDouche has no foresight.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.