Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 07-15-2015, 08:45 AM  
Supporter

Fire Me Boy! What's For Dinner? Thread

Since the other one got too big, let's keep the food truck rolling. Whacha got?

Vol 2. http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285408

Last edited by Buehler445; 03-02-2020 at 09:14 AM..
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-10-2020, 02:52 PM   #15556
MVP

no.

Real smoker on real wood: 8 chunks of charcoal and a stick of apple lit on one end for smoke. I'll boost up the temp after the ribs and put on 16 skinless thighs .69 $/lb (skin removed and put back on after an hour to let the skin's fat melt, crisp, on chicken as a baste) for a few hours

One day I may pick one up to use chips/ chunks in. I hear a fence post makes a great DIY of this:

cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 03:52 PM   #15557
Cheat Death

Leftovers from the Alaskan sockeye I smoked last weekend

Quiche with smoked salmon, goat cheese and asparagus

KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 04:27 PM   #15558
(Sir/Yes Sir/Aye Aye Sir)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCUnited View Post
Leftovers from the Alaskan sockeye I smoked last weekend

Quiche with smoked salmon, goat cheese and asparagus

GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-19-2020, 05:13 PM   #15559
Ultrabanned

Wife wanted potato soup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2020, 05:50 PM   #15560
Please squeeze

Made my first smoked queso on my Rec Tec. Damn that was good.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	FB192253-3BF9-486F-967A-26563573C579.jpg
Views:	282
Size:	116.8 KB
ID:	121194  
dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-19-2020, 05:58 PM   #15561
pie is never free

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablo View Post
Wife wanted potato soup.

Looks great with the bacon, scallions, cheese... oh yeah its definitely tater soup, comfort food weather here tonight, its cooling off quick this year

I'm gonna get rid of some homemade chili tonight, and put a meatloaf with mashed taters and corn together tomorrow
Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-19-2020, 06:39 PM   #15562
Ultrabanned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy 6 View Post
Looks great with the bacon, scallions, cheese... oh yeah its definitely tater soup, comfort food weather here tonight, its cooling off quick this year

I'm gonna get rid of some homemade chili tonight, and put a meatloaf with mashed taters and corn together tomorrow
Sounds good to me. I wanted to make chili but got over ruled.
Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-19-2020, 07:34 PM   #15563
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirk digler View Post
Made my first smoked queso on my Rec Tec. Damn that was good.
Damn that looks good. Drive the leftovers to me for tomorrow's game. Thanks in advance.
mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-19-2020, 07:42 PM   #15564
MVP

What no toast?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablo View Post
Wife wanted potato soup.

cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 09-21-2020, 03:56 PM   #15565

On a whim my son and I have decided to do a deer roast sous vide. Should be interesting.

GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 08:13 PM   #15566

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryDayz View Post
On a whim my son and I have decided to do a deer roast sous vide. Should be interesting.

OK fellow hunters, I might be onto something... Wow, this was awesome. And only 4 hours in the sous vide. Next time it'll be 6, maybe 8, hours in the water, but I an waaaaay happy with my first attempt (with only salt and pepper, no brining or anything). Here's the progression after the water: before the sear, after the sear, buttered and tented, and the final product.

Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 10:39 PM   #15567
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
OK fellow hunters, I might be onto something... Wow, this was awesome. And only 4 hours in the sous vide. Next time it'll be 6, maybe 8, hours in the water, but I an waaaaay happy with my first attempt (with only salt and pepper, no brining or anything). Here's the progression after the water: before the sear, after the sear, buttered and tented, and the final product.

Oh, I don't think that's right. You should just send that to me ASAP so i can properly dispose of that for you before you make the mistake of eating that. Free of charge.
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-22-2020, 03:41 AM   #15568
Politically Incorrect

You sure you ain't playing a prank on us and that's a Prime Roast Beef???

Jesus H Christ that looks incredible. Did it retain any juice or moisture?

Quote:

scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-22-2020, 06:33 AM   #15569

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megatron96 View Post
Oh, I don't think that's right. You should just send that to me ASAP so i can properly dispose of that for you before you make the mistake of eating that. Free of charge.
I'm thinking it'll end up at a tailgate (some year). You can try it then..
Old 09-22-2020, 06:41 AM   #15570

Quote:
Originally Posted by scho63 View Post
You sure you ain't playing a prank on us and that's a Prime Roast Beef???

Jesus H Christ that looks incredible. Did it retain any juice or moisture?
It's no joke, and the son and I did it on a whim. A "why not, we have burger for jerky, we like it better...". Yeah, we had pulled this roast out to slice it and make jerky...

As for the moisture, oh heck yeah! Next time will be 6-8 hours at 135 instead of 4'ish hours (and put in still mostly frozen, so......) just to tenderize it even more, but the flavor was AMAZING and the texture was better than I would have expected... And all we put on it was cracked pepper and sea salt.

Here's the "cow" it came from (I think it was this one...)... Moooooooo!!!