Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 02-21-2024, 02:00 PM  
MVP

Free Agents

Ok, ok, I know this is the draft section but I prefer to think of this as the Chief's offseason plans forum. ESPN posted their best fit destinations for the top 75 Free Agents and I thought it would make for interesting conversation here.

ESPN's suggested "best fits" for the Chiefs in Free Agency:

1. Chris Jones, DT
Best team fit: Kansas City Chiefs

A staple of the Chiefs' defensive front, I could see Jones returning to Kansas City on a multiyear deal despite Kansas City's tight cap space. Jones is a game-wrecking talent, with the pass rush versatility to rush inside or outside in defensive coordinator Steve Spagnuolo's system. He had 10.5 sacks this season and made an impact in critical moments in the Super Bowl.

11. L'Jarius Sneed, CB
Best team fit: Philadelphia Eagles (Not Chiefs, but relative)

With his scheme-versatile coverage skills, Sneed will generate a ton of interest on the free agent market. Look for Atlanta and Las Vegas to make a play here, too. But I have Sneed landing in Philadelphia to upgrade the position opposite Darius Slay, with Vic Fangio now calling the defense for the Birds. Philly allowed 16 passing touchdowns in the second half of last season, tied for the fourth most in the NFL. The Eagles have to clean up the secondary, and Sneed can make an impact. He has at least two interceptions in each of his four career seasons with the Chiefs.

20. Tyron Smith, OT

The availability concerns for Smith are real; he has missed 33 games over the past four seasons with the Cowboys. But when healthy, Smith is a detailed technician with the physical demeanor to win on the edge. And he would absolutely upgrade the left tackle position for the Chiefs, limiting pass-rushers and keeping the throwing platform clean for quarterback Patrick Mahomes.

49. Austin Ekeler, RB

With Clyde Edwards-Helaire and Jerick McKinnon heading to free agency, the Chiefs could sign Ekeler on a short-term deal to work in rotation with Isiah Pacheco. He would give coach Andy Reid a pass-game threat out of 21 personnel with the ability to flex from the backfield. Ekeler caught 51 passes last season with the Chargers and has 440 receptions in his career. Re-signing with the Chargers or joining the Raiders would also be good fits.

Let's use this to kickstart a thread about our preferred Free Agents, who you got?
Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 02-24-2024, 12:22 PM   #46
Generational Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunKC View Post
Mooney seems like a pretty decent player to replace MVS but I don't see the $10 millon APY figure. He had 1 TD and like 400 yards this year. Less than 500 and only 2 TD's the year before that.

His value isn't that high. I'm thinking probably $7-8 million APY is fair value for him.
Not happening.

All it takes is one other team and he's young, runs a 4.3 and has produced before.
MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 02-24-2024, 12:47 PM   #47
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunerdr View Post
Ogbah is cut by the dolphins. Bring him in for the right price to bridge the gap while we wait for CO?
This occurred to me too, you need 1 veteran DE to probably be the starter/rotate heavily with FAU, that cannot be Herring I don't think.

I don't know what his price would be though, compared to say Danna who we think the Chiefs probably can't afford to bring back
Chargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2024, 12:41 AM   #48
Rookie

I like Mooney if he comes cheap. But anything around the MVS money is theft. His highlights remain elite but he’s been bad on a bad team. He’s WR 3 for them now and that says most of what you need to know regardless of who’s playing QB for them.

On a cheap prove it deal then sure absolute. A multi year decent contract should be a hard pass.

In regards to WR I think we sleep off the first days of FA and wait to see who’s bluffing and then maybe see who might get released in a cap dump. A Lockett or Mike Williams for example.
AusChief Loves all of Deberg's threads.AusChief Loves all of Deberg's threads.AusChief Loves all of Deberg's threads.AusChief Loves all of Deberg's threads.AusChief Loves all of Deberg's threads.
Old 02-25-2024, 11:00 AM   #49
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by AusChief View Post
I like Mooney if he comes cheap. But anything around the MVS money is theft. His highlights remain elite but he’s been bad on a bad team. He’s WR 3 for them now and that says most of what you need to know regardless of who’s playing QB for them.

On a cheap prove it deal then sure absolute. A multi year decent contract should be a hard pass.

In regards to WR I think we sleep off the first days of FA and wait to see who’s bluffing and then maybe see who might get released in a cap dump. A Lockett or Mike Williams for example.
I prefer DJ Chark over Mooney, as a low cost option, personally.

He's slightly more seasoned, a better replacement size-wise for MVS at 6-3 200 lbs w/ 4.34 speed, and played for $3m last season.

He also outperformed both MVS, Mooney, and Hardman last season.

Seems like a no brainer to me.

Last edited by Couch-Potato; 02-25-2024 at 11:25 AM..
Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 02-25-2024, 11:26 AM   #50
MVP

I'm curious though, do you think the Chiefs explore a restructure with MVS?

He caught some nice balls in the post-season.
Old 02-25-2024, 11:37 AM   #51
Mahomosapien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato View Post

He's slightly more seasoned, a better replacement size-wise for MVS at 6-3 200 lbs w/ 4.34 speed, and played for $3m last season.

I was big on chark a few years ago. I think the talent was there but he misses time often and hasnt really been a wr2 level receiver for a few years. On a carolina team devoid of wr talent he did almost nothing last year while actually playing in almost all the games.

His salary was 5m last year. I would take him for that or less with the understanding that he is essentially another MVS flyer.

If mooney would take the same 5m, i would rather have him. If you watch Chicago at all you see this dude flying open constantly. And he has missed minimal time too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2024, 11:39 AM   #52
Mahomosapien

Quote:
I'm curious though, do you think the Chiefs explore a restructure with MVS?

He caught some nice balls in the post-season.

The only reason i think this is a possibility is because he is the only real vet that can help young wrs learn the offense, but i suppose Watson could do that too.

I dont think a “restructure” is right. I think it would have to be a straight up pay cut.
bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 02-25-2024, 02:12 PM   #53
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjosh View Post
I was big on chark a few years ago. I think the talent was there but he misses time often and hasnt really been a wr2 level receiver for a few years. On a carolina team devoid of wr talent he did almost nothing last year while actually playing in almost all the games.

His salary was 5m last year. I would take him for that or less with the understanding that he is essentially another MVS flyer.

If mooney would take the same 5m, i would rather have him. If you watch Chicago at all you see this dude flying open constantly. And he has missed minimal time too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
His prev contract was 1yr $5m, last year he played on a 1yr $3m deal. Still out produced both MVS and Mooney, I'm not expecting him to be a #2, more like #3 or #4.
Old 02-25-2024, 03:14 PM   #54
Generational Player

Quote:

Chark is way too meh for me.

Just a vertical guy that runs downs the field.

Mooney is a way better player and will get more $$$$ in FA.
MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2024, 07:47 PM   #55
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic View Post
Chark is way too meh for me.

Just a vertical guy that runs downs the field.

Mooney is a way better player and will get more $$$$ in FA.
I thought I read somewhere that DJ Chark was in the top 10 of wide receivers this last year for lack of separation. How does a vertical guy lead the league in not being able to get separation if he's a deep ball guy? He was pretty good a couple of years ago, but has dropped off in a big way recently.
kozzman555 is not part of the Right 53.kozzman555 is not part of the Right 53.kozzman555 is not part of the Right 53.kozzman555 is not part of the Right 53.kozzman555 is not part of the Right 53.kozzman555 is not part of the Right 53.kozzman555 is not part of the Right 53.kozzman555 is not part of the Right 53.kozzman555 is not part of the Right 53.kozzman555 is not part of the Right 53.kozzman555 is not part of the Right 53.
Old 02-25-2024, 09:31 PM   #56
In Mahomes I trust!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunKC View Post
Mooney seems like a pretty decent player to replace MVS but I don't see the $10 millon APY figure. He had 1 TD and like 400 yards this year. Less than 500 and only 2 TD's the year before that.

His value isn't that high. I'm thinking probably $7-8 million APY is fair value for him.
That is exactly why I do not understand the Mooney connection with the CHIEFS?
Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 02-25-2024, 09:34 PM   #57
In Mahomes I trust!

Tyron Smith - Hell to the no! Can't help the club in the tub!

Ekeler, Man I don't know - he was God awful last season yet, wanted to prove himself towards the end of the season. He basically F'd me in FF last season.
Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2024, 09:38 PM   #58
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stryker View Post
That is exactly why I do not understand the Mooney connection with the CHIEFS?
Lemme 'splain:

Mooney had a 1000 yard season under coach Nagy (our offense) with Turdbiskey at QB.

Then The Bears drafted Fields. Fields sucks.
Mooney got injured, and while out, DJ Moore became the focal point of the downfield passing attack.

Fields isn't a guy that gets to his second read, he just reads one, and either dumps it off short or takes off running.

So DJ Moore gets the lion's share of targets, the TE gets the dump-offs, and Fields runs the rest of the time.

So, Mooney, who is still young, has had a 1000 yard season IN THIS OFFENSE, with Matt Nagy, who's our offensive coordinator. He runs a 4.3. He can fly.
Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2024, 10:04 PM   #59
In Mahomes I trust!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Meck View Post
Lemme 'splain:

Mooney had a 1000 yard season under coach Nagy (our offense) with Turdbiskey at QB.

Mooney got injured, and while out, DJ Moore became the focal point of the downfield passing attack.

Fields isn't a guy that gets to his second read, he just reads one, and either dumps it off short or takes off running.

So DJ Moore gets the lion's share of targets, the TE gets the dump-offs, and Fields runs the rest of the time.

So, Mooney, who is still young, has had a 1000 yard season IN THIS OFFENSE, with Matt Nagy, who's our offensive coordinator. He runs a 4.3. He can fly.
Ok, I get it now and thank you for the splain!
Old 02-26-2024, 08:37 AM   #60
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Meck View Post
Lemme 'splain:

Yeah, Mooney is not a sexy addition because of how things have been going in Chicago the last 2 years, but it's one of those moves that could just look really smart and prompt Jesse Pinkman/getting away with it memes.

He's not my #1 target for the FA WR room, but if Darnell Mooney being the WR they add means they keep Chris Jones, I can be down with that for sure.

He's a fast guy who can do the Valdes-Scantling things, but also can do some of the gadget things, too.
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.