Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 01-19-2024, 11:21 PM  
Inmem 2.0

Left Tackles

Y'all want to ride with Smith for another year or give Morris a chance? Because there's probably several good to decent prospects who likely will be there when the Chiefs pick.
Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-19-2024, 02:05 PM   #136
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Y'all talking about Foster?

Oh c'mon fellas. He's a 3rd round pick tops. My druthers would look at him in the 4th.

Not terribly athletic, heavy feet. Mauler of an OT and I don't think there's a chance in hell he plays LT.

We have people wanting to say that Morgan can't play LT because his arms are a half inch too short but others wanting to say that Foster CAN when his feet look like they're on the wrong legs? Yikes.

Foster in the 2nd round would be a truly truly TRULY awful pick. As bad as they'll come. But I'm not worried about that because there's zero chance it happens.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-19-2024, 02:08 PM   #137
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post

Oh c'mon fellas. He's a 3rd round pick tops. My druthers would look at him in the 4th.

Not terribly athletic, heavy feet. Mauler of an OT and I don't think there's a chance in hell he plays LT.

We have people wanting to say that Morgan can't play LT because his arms are a half inch too short but others wanting to say that Foster CAN when his feet look like they're on the wrong legs? Yikes.

Foster in the 2nd round would be a truly truly TRULY awful pick. As bad as they'll come. But I'm not worried about that because there's zero chance it happens.
No, Blake Fisher.

Foster is completely off my radar, so I thought it was a typo.
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2024, 03:10 PM   #138
MVP

Quote:

What's wrong with taking a stab at Foster in the fourth or fifth as a developmental guy for the right side?
Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 03-19-2024, 03:13 PM   #139
In Search of a Life

Would you guys take Mims in the first round? He looks like a complete boom/bust prospect. It's doubtful he could start in year one with only 8 starts at RT in his career.
Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 03-19-2024, 03:15 PM   #140

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightfyre View Post
What's wrong with taking a stab at Foster in the fourth or fifth as a developmental guy for the right side?
Nothing in the 4th or 5th. Like i said, the 4th is when I'd start looking at him.

I thought people were trying to talk themselves into Foster in the 2nd -- "I'm thinking about the kid from Missouri" and that was just crazy-town to me.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-19-2024, 03:53 PM   #141
MVP

We're not getting anywhere near a sure-fire LT, guys. Not happening.

A RT, perhaps, maybe even one that MIGHT be able to switch, but that's the best we'll be able to do.

I wouldn't complain if they take a kid with the athletic abilities and let Taylor, Morris, and the kid figure it out, but we're not going to be in position to get a legit starter LT.
Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-19-2024, 04:11 PM   #142

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Meck View Post
We're not getting anywhere near a sure-fire LT, guys. Not happening.

A RT, perhaps, maybe even one that MIGHT be able to switch, but that's the best we'll be able to do.

I wouldn't complain if they take a kid with the athletic abilities and let Taylor, Morris, and the kid figure it out, but we're not going to be in position to get a legit starter LT.
I mean there might only be 2 of those guys in the draft. Which is 1 more than normal.

Alt and Fashanu - end of list. Fuaga is interesting in his own right but if we're dinging for arm length, his are like 1/5 of an inch longer than Morgan's. And he's less athletic or technically sound than Morgan, IMO. Fautanu is probably my OT3 and even he played RT last year (though that was evidently because Penix is a lefty and he played LT before that, so I'm less concerned there).

But if he's there at 15 am I giving up 2 first rounders and Sneed to get up and get him? When I can possibly just get Morgan or Suamataia at 32? No. not even a consideration. I think he's the clear 3rd best fit for us but I don't think he's THAT much of a sure thing.

If he slides to 24 or something and I can give up a 3 and some change next season to go get him - sure. But that strikes me as unlikely.

I just think we spend an awful lot of time picking nits on guys as though we'll EVER see someone in the late 1st that doesn't have 'em. Every single guy we draft in the Mahomes era is likely to be in the bottom 1/3 of the round. And as a consequence, every last one of those guys is going to have us shitting on them for what they're not.

Let's stop doing that.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2024, 05:02 PM   #143
MVP

Quote:
I mean there might only be 2 of those guys in the draft. Which is 1 more than normal.

Alt and Fashanu - end of list. Fuaga is interesting in his own right but if we're dinging for arm length, his are like 1/5 of an inch longer than Morgan's. And he's less athletic or technically sound than Morgan, IMO. Fautanu is probably my OT3 and even he played RT last year (though that was evidently because Penix is a lefty and he played LT before that, so I'm less concerned there).

But if he's there at 15 am I giving up 2 first rounders and Sneed to get up and get him? When I can possibly just get Morgan or Suamataia at 32? No. not even a consideration. I think he's the clear 3rd best fit for us but I don't think he's THAT much of a sure thing.

If he slides to 24 or something and I can give up a 3 and some change next season to go get him - sure. But that strikes me as unlikely.

I just think we spend an awful lot of time picking nits on guys as though we'll EVER see someone in the late 1st that doesn't have 'em. Every single guy we draft in the Mahomes era is likely to be in the bottom 1/3 of the round. And as a consequence, every last one of those guys is going to have us shitting on them for what they're not.

Let's stop doing that.
I'm not at all. I'm of the "just keep stacking good football players" school.
Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-19-2024, 07:17 PM   #144
MVP

On arm length of OTs, remember that Andy Reid traded for Jason Peters who had 33-1/8" arms and was 6'4".

Fautanu having 34-1/2" arms at 6'4" fits. Jordan Morgan at 32-7/8" isn't so far off that I think it matters that much.
kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 03-20-2024, 05:04 AM   #145
In Search of a Life

I haven't watched all of Fautanu's tape, but he was playing LT last season vs Michigan anyway. Looked pretty darn good at it too.
Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 03-20-2024, 06:59 AM   #146
In Search of a Life

Morgan is super athletic. Andy and company will love that shit.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-20-2024, 08:26 AM   #147
Comfortably Numb

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
Morgan is super athletic. Andy and company will love that shit.
Yes, and like I have said before, he gives you options in the future to play just about anywhere on the line. I think his upside even in year one is greater than anyone we have had there since a healthy Fisher.

Of course nothing is certain at that point in the first, but this obsession with arm length could work out to our benefit. In a normal draft year, I don't think he falls to the end of the 1st and he still might not...my fear is the 49ers snag him right before us.
VAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliVAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliVAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliVAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliVAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliVAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliVAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliVAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliVAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliVAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliVAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 03-20-2024, 12:17 PM   #148
MVP

Can we come up with a list of OT Tiers in the upcoming draft by say round and add it to the OP?
Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 03-20-2024, 01:03 PM   #149
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAChief View Post
Yes, and like I have said before, he gives you options in the future to play just about anywhere on the line. I think his upside even in year one is greater than anyone we have had there since a healthy Fisher.

Of course nothing is certain at that point in the first, but this obsession with arm length could work out to our benefit. In a normal draft year, I don't think he falls to the end of the 1st and he still might not...my fear is the 49ers snag him right before us.
Every time I think about drafting an OT, I remind myself that there's a really good chance we'll have to get in front of the 49ers.
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-20-2024, 01:18 PM   #150
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by staylor26 View Post
Every time I think about drafting an OT, I remind myself that there's a really good chance we'll have to get in front of the 49ers.
They doubled down on stupid and extended McKivitz. So, unless they go for a future replacement for Trent Williams in the 1st, I have my doubts. I'd guess CB or ER for them myself.
kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.