Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 07-07-2020, 10:19 AM   #2
Thank you

I'm isn't don't cumming more Hugely!!!!!
carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2020, 12:56 PM   #3
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Direckshun View Post
Of course, Jones being traded still makes the most sense, given the Chiefs apparent inaction towards him. That would net us 16m, and give us additional draft ammunition to replace Watkins or Jones or Hitchens or any of our starting corners in 2021/2022.
You have no idea where the Chiefs are with the Chris Jones negotiations and nothing matters until July 16th, the day after he's no longer allowed to sign a contract extension.

Deadline deals are done every year.

Quote:
Of course, Jones could simply be traded for a player we could use, like Ngakuoe or Brandon Scherff + draft capital, both options would cost the team less than the Jones megadeal, which would allow us to sign Snacks, or some such player.
What, wait? Why would the Chiefs trade Chris Jones for a player that wants $20 million per year? That makes ZERO sense, just like most of your posts.

Quote:
Or Jones could be extended and the defense could get further fortified if some free agent studs like Clowney bring their price down.
Clowney? Clowney? The Chiefs don't have the cap room for Clowney and they'd be stupid to pay him $15 million or more per year, which is below his asking price.

The Chiefs need inexpensive, productive players, not MORE players in the $20 million per year category.
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2020, 01:35 PM   #4
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud View Post
Clowney? Clowney? The Chiefs don't have the cap room for Clowney and they'd be stupid to pay him $15 million or more per year, which is below his asking price.

The Chiefs need inexpensive, productive players, not MORE players in the $20 million per year category.
I don't think that's really far-fetched.

A Jones deal could clear a lot of his 2020 cap hit. If Clowney continues to be unable to find the long-term, megadeal he wants, he may look for a good one-year situation to increase his stock and accept a lower yearly rate ($12 million?)

KC would certainly fall into that category. Super Bowl contender, lets him play DE exclusively, great talent around him on the DL that ensures he gets a lot of single-team pass rush opportunities, high-scoring offense that's going to force teams to throw the ball a ton...
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-07-2020, 01:37 PM   #5
Best Body On ChiefsPlanet

Quote:
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho View Post

A Jones deal could clear a lot of his 2020 cap hit. If Clowney continues to be unable to find the long-term, megadeal he wants, he may look for a good one-year situation to increase his stock and accept a lower yearly rate ($12 million?)

KC would certainly fall into that category. Super Bowl contender, lets him play DE exclusively, great talent around him on the DL that ensures he gets a lot of single-team pass rush opportunities, high-scoring offense that's going to force teams to throw the ball a ton...
You're a moron.. Clowney isnt coming here. Might as well just pay Chris Jones if that is the case
PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 07-07-2020, 01:48 PM   #6
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy View Post
You're a moron.. Clowney isnt coming here. Might as well just pay Chris Jones if that is the case
You seem to be the moron...in Duncan's scenario Chris Jones is paid.

It is not an impossible scenario, but I think someone will sign Clowney eventually for around 15 million...but the closer you get to the regular season without him being signed, the cheaper he will be, and if his price actually does drop to 10-12 million then the Chiefs could be all in on a one year deal.
mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-07-2020, 01:51 PM   #7
Has a particular set of skills

Quote:
Yeah, **** Clowney for $15 million.

Like most here I think resigning Jones just became a helluva lot more probable.
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-07-2020, 02:06 PM   #8
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Quote:

Can you read?

The only way they have $$ to add Clowney is under the scenario of extending Jones long-term and doing it in a way that frees up cap in 2020.

It’s plausible that Clowney will pick a one-year spot that gives him the best chance to increase his market value if he can’t find the mega-deal he’s looking for from a team he wants to play for. This has been rumored before.

So look at the contenders around and look at it from that context. KC definitely would be a situation that gives him the opportunity to have a big statistical, highly visible year.

Is it likely? Shit, I wouldn’t say that. But it would make sense and is feasible if he decides to take that one-year deal at a lower rate with a contender.
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-07-2020, 02:35 PM   #9
Supporter

Quote:

I don't think this is a realistic scenario. Clowney's already turned down $18.5 million per year from Seattle and he's turned down Cleveland among other teams. The Raiders recently made a huge pitch to him (the numbers haven't been disclosed but it's been reported that it was much higher than any other offer he's received this year) and he hasn't signed with them, either.

I just can't see a scenario in which Clowney agrees to play for the Chiefs for $10-12 million per and even if $12 million was his asking price, half the league would jump into a bidding war, which would most likely leave the Chiefs out in the cold.
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-07-2020, 02:45 PM   #10
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Quote:
I don't think this is a realistic scenario. Clowney's already turned down $18.5 million per year from Seattle and he's turned down Cleveland among other teams. The Raiders recently made a huge pitch to him (the numbers haven't been disclosed but it's been reported that it was much higher than any other offer he's received this year) and he hasn't signed with them, either.

I just can't see a scenario in which Clowney agrees to play for the Chiefs for $10-12 million per and even if $12 million was his asking price, half the league would jump into a bidding war, which would most likely leave the Chiefs out in the cold.
I thought I read the Vegas offer was lower than what he had received so far, but longer in terms of years.

The whole scenario is built around the idea of Clowney not getting the long-term deal he wants and deciding to take a one-year shot. That's the key "if."

In that circumstance, what would he prioritize - straight money OR the best setup for him to have a crazy year and increase his market value?
Old 07-07-2020, 03:58 PM   #11
Supporter

Quote:
I thought I read the Vegas offer was lower than what he had received so far, but longer in terms of years.
There seems to be varying reports about the Raiders and Clowney, with some saying it's less dollars and others saying it's more dollars than he's been offered to date, so it's a bit difficult to decode.

Quote:
The whole scenario is built around the idea of Clowney not getting the long-term deal he wants and deciding to take a one-year shot. That's the key "if."

In that circumstance, what would he prioritize - straight money OR the best setup for him to have a crazy year and increase his market value?
I'm with you and would absolutely LOVE to see Clowney in KC on a one year deal. I'm sure they could find a few guys that would be happy to renegotiate and push their salaries down the line a bit in order to win another Super Bowl and having Clowney for 19 games would be awesome.

But that said, I have difficulty believing he'd sign a deal worth $10-$12 million when he's currently in his Prime. If he tears a ligament, whether it's an ACL, MCL, PCL, LCL, pectoral muscle or Achilles, he's not only looking at missing some serious time on the football field, his options for signing a long-term deal at age 28 while recovering from surgery would be slim to none.

With that in mind, I think he'd be better off long term by signing with the Seahawks, Raiders or Browns, who are offering in excess of $17.5 million per, instead of $10-$12 million with the Chiefs, especially considering the possibility of an injury ruining his chance for his big second contract payday.
Old 07-08-2020, 12:17 AM   #12
SuperBowl or bust

Quote:

Clark
Taco
KPass
Speaks
Okafor
Harris
Ward
Hanna

Why would we spend any real money on Clowney?

Veach has the $ to sign the rookies...where would another 15m come from?

Let’s say Clowney would play for 10m for a year...we don’t have it unless we cut some guys.
BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-08-2020, 05:31 AM   #13
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Quote:
Originally Posted by BossChief View Post
Clark
Taco
KPass
Speaks
Okafor
Harris
Ward
Hanna

Why would we spend any real money on Clowney?

Veach has the $ to sign the rookies...where would another 15m come from?

Let’s say Clowney would play for 10m for a year...we don’t have it unless we cut some guys.

If Clowney needs $15 million on a one-year deal, it doesn’t work.

But they can find a way to make $10-12 million work if the Jones extension is set up to lower his year 1 cap hit. That could get them to around $14M under the cap.

I’d spend money on Clowney (or Everson Griffen, or Logan Ryan) because it makes the defense better.

Clowney and Griffen would immediately be the second best DE on the team. And major upgrades.

Harris, Danna, and Ward are not factors yet. You’re talking about a round 5 guy and a couple of street FAs.

Taco Charlton is just a Hail Mary signing. Speaks and Kpass are depth. Okafor would probably be another casualty to find the rest of the money, as I think they save $4 million if he’s cut.

It’s mostly a thought exercise. Suggs helped the defense a lot, and I’m not confident they have a second DE on the roster that can give them what he did.

When your GM is as aggressive as Brett Veach, it is fun - and makes some sense - to look at aggressive moves that are at least quasi possible.
Old 07-08-2020, 12:33 PM   #14
Banned!

Quote:
If Clowney needs $15 million on a one-year deal, it doesn’t work.

But they can find a way to make $10-12 million work if the Jones extension is set up to lower his year 1 cap hit. That could get them to around $14M under the cap.

I’d spend money on Clowney (or Everson Griffen, or Logan Ryan) because it makes the defense better.

Clowney and Griffen would immediately be the second best DE on the team. And major upgrades.

Harris, Danna, and Ward are not factors yet. You’re talking about a round 5 guy and a couple of street FAs.

Taco Charlton is just a Hail Mary signing. Speaks and Kpass are depth. Okafor would probably be another casualty to find the rest of the money, as I think they save $4 million if he’s cut.

It’s mostly a thought exercise. Suggs helped the defense a lot, and I’m not confident they have a second DE on the roster that can give them what he did.

When your GM is as aggressive as Brett Veach, it is fun - and makes some sense - to look at aggressive moves that are at least quasi possible.
Tanoh started and played most of the Super Bowl. That seems to be more than "depth."
Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-07-2020, 10:41 PM   #15
__

Quote:
You have no idea where the Chiefs are with the Chris Jones negotiations and nothing matters until July 16th, the day after he's no longer allowed to sign a contract extension.

Deadline deals are done every year.
Thanks to reputable reporting, I do have some idea. It’s not ironclad but I rely on reputable reporting to give me some idea of what’s coming down the pipeline.

You do the same — you cited reporting that the Raiders offered the most to Clowney. (By the way, the reputable reporting I’ve read disputes that and cites Cleveland as the highest bidder, and that teams as of now have largely rescinded their offers as they’ve grown tired of Clowney’s intransigence.)

Quote:
What, wait? Why would the Chiefs trade Chris Jones for a player that wants $20 million per year? That makes ZERO sense, just like most of your posts.
Just throwing out a name that could be an equitable player ina player-for-player trade. Sub another name in as you please.

There has been some ballyhooing since Spags arrival that Jones is an imperfect fit in the scheme. I agree that he is, but he’s so damn talented it doesn’t matter, which is why I’d pay him.

But we know Spags is a stickler for what players on his DL should look and how they should play. And if he thinks $20m could be better spent on a player that “fits” versus a player that imperfectly fits, who knows.

Quote:

Any deal the Chiefs ostensibly sign Clowney to would be a one-year, in my mind. I could go on but I’d only reiterate what Duncan has said throughout the thread.
Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.