Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 07-03-2015, 03:48 PM  
Has a particular set of skills

What are you Smoking/Grilling/BBQ'ing this weekend?

What are you up to this weekend?

I finally gave up on my smoker and decided to get a new smoker. I went with a bigger model but less tech. Yes, its a cheater electric smoker. My 3rd one. I need more space to cook, I don't need help getting my smoke and temp right.

I've also never used injection for flavor except for pork butt or other big cuts of meat. I decided to give it a try. I developed my own injection. Basically like the other recipes you have out on the internet but I'm putting the rub in the injection and using sirracchi.

Full results not in yet but my son and I think its the best sausage we have ever had.

No sauce. Marinated the meat overnight. Injected the meat. Slow cooked the ribs and chicken. Baste it with a combo of butter and apple juice. Using a combination of Apple, Mesquite, Cherry and Hickory wood.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	11539678_10205518593098849_7496287094654554585_n.jpg
Views:	6904
Size:	58.7 KB
ID:	110157   Click image for larger version

Name:	11204917_10205518655060398_84193330748835473_n.jpg
Views:	6467
Size:	107.7 KB
ID:	110158   Click image for larger version

Name:	11403311_10205518654740390_5737794009802538289_n.jpg
Views:	6837
Size:	92.7 KB
ID:	110159   Click image for larger version

Name:	11060263_10205518594938895_5571454432064515726_n.jpg
Views:	6736
Size:	86.7 KB
ID:	110160  
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-19-2022, 01:39 PM   #3091
Ultrabanned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mililo4cpa View Post
same for me.....at 225, I usually keep them in for more like 8 hours.....at 6, the meat starts pulling back from the bone, but definitely not tender enough.....

Also, I don't wrap mine.....I use an egg, and in FL there seem to be plenty of moisture inside of it to where wrapping doesn't really do anything (other than make a mess)
Yeah I have found you need to run a little hotter and plan for 6 hours minimum more like 7. I'm pretty good at smoking but I'd say I'm happy with my ribs about half of the time and I only do Ferguson cut. Never bought baby backs before honestly. Maybe I will switch it up next time and see how I do.
Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-19-2022, 01:45 PM   #3092
Ultrabanned

And I spritz religiously too and that seems to help with ribs and butt for sure.
Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-19-2022, 01:53 PM   #3093
Cheat Death

I like running pork at 275F

4.5-5 hours, no foil works best on my setup for spares. Foil, even just an hour, seems to overcook them on my rig but it obviously seems to work well for others.
KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-19-2022, 02:09 PM   #3094
Ultrabanned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCUnited View Post

4.5-5 hours, no foil works best on my setup for spares. Foil, even just an hour, seems to overcook them on my rig but it obviously seems to work well for others.
I've never even tried to foil them honestly. If I'm gonna foil something then it's going in the oven where I don't have to use charcoal/wood/attention. I try to keep it at 250 but I will bump it up next time and see how it goes.
Old 06-19-2022, 03:17 PM   #3095
(Sir/Yes Sir/Aye Aye Sir)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablo View Post

Pork belly burnt ends. Got some scalloped potatoes on deck thanks to KCU posting his last time around.

Got some Killer Hogs AP and Meat Church Holy Gospel on there over pecan and cherry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
OUTSTANDING...
GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-19-2022, 03:18 PM   #3096
(Sir/Yes Sir/Aye Aye Sir)

First off the smoker. Appetizer...

GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2022, 03:24 PM   #3097
Cheat Death

Quote:
I've never even tried to foil them honestly. If I'm gonna foil something then it's going in the oven where I don't have to use charcoal/wood/attention. I try to keep it at 250 but I will bump it up next time and see how it goes.
Plus here's a live look at me 8 beers deep into a rib cook trying to navigate a spent foil pack full of rib juice from my patio to the trash bin

KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 4 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2022, 04:05 PM   #3098
Ultrabanned

Quote:
Plus here's a live look at me 8 beers deep into a rib cook trying to navigate a spent foil pack full of rib juice from my patio to the trash bin

Oh for sure. No good way to throw away drip foil and/or pans.
Old 06-19-2022, 06:45 PM   #3099
Has a particular set of skills

Quote:

Pork belly burnt ends. Got some scalloped potatoes on deck thanks to KCU posting his last time around.

Got some Killer Hogs AP and Meat Church Holy Gospel on there over pecan and cherry.

Never tried them. Turn out tasty?
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-19-2022, 07:08 PM   #3100
Starter

Quote:

I purchase and smoked a couple of pounds. I thought they would taste like bacon, but were not as good. Took leftovers and seared in skillet cutting off excess fat. Need recommendations on how to prepare the 1/4 inch strips leftovers I froze.
CatinKS is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutCatinKS is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutCatinKS is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutCatinKS is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutCatinKS is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutCatinKS is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutCatinKS is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutCatinKS is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutCatinKS is the dumbass Milkman is always talking about
Old 06-19-2022, 07:12 PM   #3101
Indian Twitter

Quote:

240 to 275 and it's more like a 3-1.25-.45. I do them kind of like Johnny Trigg except I use some Louisiana Hot sauce Habanero instead of Tiger Sauce, Raw Sugar instead of Brown and then Agave instead of Honey. Don't forget the squeeze butter.
philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2022, 07:26 AM   #3102
Ultrabanned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedChief View Post
Never tried them. Turn out tasty?
Oh yeah they’re always a winner
Old 06-20-2022, 12:38 PM   #3103
Diablo Negro

Yesterday I made one of the best briskets I have ever tasted. Even the flat was super juicy and just falling apart. It was hard to cut it because it just kept tearing apart.

17.5lbs at 225 for 12.5hrs. I wrapped it at 160F and put some beef broth in the foil and cooked it to 203 then pulled it wrapped in towels and put in a cooler for 2 more hours.

Just incredible. Cant wait to have some left overs tonight.
Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2022, 03:07 PM   #3104
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewdog View Post
Smoking Ribs today.

Is 3-2-1 still the preferred method? Something easier/better to try?
Don't need to. For babybacks, just do 225 degrees for 5 hours unwrapped. Spray with apple juice every hour and if you want sauce, put it on with 30 minutes left. They will be perfect every time.
tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2022, 03:00 PM   #3105
Elway be drinkin' again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcellus View Post

Yesterday I made one of the best briskets I have ever tasted. Even the flat was super juicy and just falling apart. It was hard to cut it because it just kept tearing apart.

17.5lbs at 225 for 12.5hrs. I wrapped it at 160F and put some beef broth in the foil and cooked it to 203 then pulled it wrapped in towels and put in a cooler for 2 more hours.

Just incredible. Cant wait to have some left overs tonight.
Nice Job! Perfect Smoke ring
Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.