Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 05-26-2021, 04:43 PM  
Special Teams ACE!!!

Alex Smith interview with Colin Cowherd

Okay, this is actually pretty good. He's really entertaining. His thoughts on Urban Meyer as an NFL coach are interesting. If you don't really care about his recovery because you've heard the story 1000 times, go to 11:06 where he talks Andy Reid and Mahomes. It's actually worth a listen, I think.

RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-27-2021, 07:32 AM   #16
Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post
I've always had the position that he isn't Cassel. We weren't going to win with him, but he wasn't the worst. And as a person I have a ton of respect for him. I think it's pretty genuine. Dudes can behave for a few years (see: Peters, Marcus) but if he wasn't at least mostly genuine, he'd have certainly handled his career differently. Not that much of that matters between the white lines, but since he's not a Chief anymore, it affects my view of him far more now.
That's kind of how I see it, too. It was a sad few years for Kansas City football until the trio of Reid, Dorsey, and Smith arrived in 2013. When you take a 2-14 team to 11-5 in the 1st year, that deserves some respect. It wasn't all Andy and Dorsey hadn't enough time to beef up the roster. Smith had a big part in our success and he still was enough of a pro to mentor PMII even though he knew his time here was over.
oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.
Old 05-27-2021, 08:11 AM   #17
Veteran

Thanks for posting this!

I think it showed a different side of Alex. He has always been well spoken, but with his interviews as a player, his demeanor was somewhat subdued and towing the "company line" so to speak. Here, he was a bit more animated and not afraid to share his opinion...certainly with the Green Bay/Rodgers situation.

He totally has a career as an analyst or commentator, if he wishes to explore that. I'd love to see him and Romo call a game. That would be cool!
chinaski Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.chinaski Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.chinaski Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.chinaski Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.chinaski Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.chinaski Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.chinaski Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.chinaski Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.chinaski Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.chinaski Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.chinaski Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 05-27-2021, 08:14 AM   #18
World's Best Boss

Yeah, that has a level of candor that is used to be uncommon for past players. I loved it, thanks for sharing.
Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-27-2021, 08:25 AM   #19
Kind of a mod

Worth the listen. It's fascinating to hear how much his recovery was a lot of "well, this will never work, but what else can I do?" and how his wife pushed him to actually give it a go in the end.

Also good to hear that he feels like the Chiefs treated him right even when they were bringing in Mahomes.

Last edited by DaFace; 05-27-2021 at 09:57 AM..
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 4 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2021, 08:28 AM   #20
World's Best Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFace View Post

Also good to hear that he feels like the Chiefs treated him right even when they were brining in Mahomes.
It made me remember an interview he did after the PIT playoff loss. He kind of had a random aside like, "If only I had seen Tyreek.." He was sort of mocked for it here (I gave him a real hard time for it). I wonder if he knew the Chiefs looking for a new QB was inevitable after that. Weird to think of the potential alternate history had Alex hit Tyreek on that play.
Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2021, 08:33 AM   #21
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFace View Post

Also good to hear that he feels like the Chiefs treated him right even when they were brining in Mahomes.
I loved how honest he was when discussing the Green Bay/Rodgers situation

He was basically the Packers screwed up and the Chiefs Kept me informed during the entire draft process before they drafted Mahomes.
Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2021, 08:49 AM   #22
Dazed and Confused

Thanks for posting this. A really good interview, and I would agree that Alex is well spoken. Broadcasting may be a future for him, if he desires it.
PHOG has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PHOG has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PHOG has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PHOG has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PHOG has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PHOG has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PHOG has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PHOG has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PHOG has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PHOG has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PHOG has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2021, 09:56 AM   #23
Tip of the hat LIV Champs

Quote:
Originally Posted by wazu View Post
Great interview! The Green Bay commentary was the best, probably followed by the recovery process and how actually never believed he'd make it back onto the field. I also didn't remember that the Chiefs had prepared Alex that they were going to try to draft a QB, and he appreciated it. Cowherd did a great job of hitting him with medium-weight questions and the answers were refreshingly honest. Thanks for posting.

I am no where near a fan of Cowherd but I'll give credit where credit is do and he did a good job with the interview and I did enjoy listening to Alex speak.

I think I'd rather watch Alex in the booth than Tony Romo. Of course he would not have the smile of Trent Green pearly whites.
Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-27-2021, 10:00 AM   #24
MVP

Poor Alex. Rex Ryan would trip over his feet, fall on him nd puncture a lung.
Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 05-27-2021, 10:24 AM   #25
Special Teams ACE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wazu View Post
Great interview! The Green Bay commentary was the best, probably followed by the recovery process and how actually never believed he'd make it back onto the field. I also didn't remember that the Chiefs had prepared Alex that they were going to try to draft a QB, and he appreciated it. Cowherd did a great job of hitting him with medium-weight questions and the answers were refreshingly honest. Thanks for posting.
Say what you will about his show or the way he forms opinions only to be the "hot take" guy, but Cowherd asks the right questions. He should give a masterclass on conducting TV/radio interviews.

The guests never feel on edge, and his wording of questions stimulates topics within the answer that otherwise would not normally be brought up by the guest on their own. That's a challenge with sports broadcasting-- you're dealing with people who are either trained/coached to not say anything, or they're just not very talkative people who aren't used to being on TV. You have to really frame the conversation just right or you're probably going to get a non-answer that's awkward and boring to listen to.
RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-27-2021, 10:39 AM   #26
Mahomes Fanboi

Always liked Alex as a person, father, husband, etc...

But I do not regret wanting him off the field after season 3 ish?

Watching him QB was sooooooooooooo boring.
Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-27-2021, 10:42 AM   #27
Politically Incorrect

Class act all the way.
scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2021, 11:14 AM   #28
Veteran

Thanks for posting- great interview. Alex Smith is very articulate and enjoyable to listen to. Could see him being a great broadcaster in the future if that is what he chooses.
Shoes would the whole thing.Shoes would the whole thing.Shoes would the whole thing.Shoes would the whole thing.Shoes would the whole thing.Shoes would the whole thing.Shoes would the whole thing.Shoes would the whole thing.Shoes would the whole thing.Shoes would the whole thing.Shoes would the whole thing.
Old 05-27-2021, 11:33 AM   #29
Supporter

IMO, the most interesting aspect of the interview was the truth that every single coach, outside of Reid, tried to fit a square peg into a round hole, i.e., turn a young, smart, mobile QB into a "Pocket Passer" or "System" QB.

There is absolutely no doubt that had he been chosen #1 overall in 2018 instead of 2005, his skills would have translated to today's game almost immediately.

95% of these head coaches are butt****ing morons that only know how to do something one way and one way only, yet butt****s like Adam Gase and Rex Ryan and Pat Shurmur and Eric Mangini and so many other morons are hired over and over and over again, despite the fact they end up with the same exact results time after time after time.

I'd almost pay money to hear Alex's experiences with people like Mike Nolan, Mike Singletary and the like, who had absolutely no business as NFL head coaches.
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-27-2021, 07:02 PM   #30
MVP

Big article on Alex in this month's SI. How he came back and played on that horrific-looking, patchwork "leg" is truly amazing. The pictures in the article almost made me throw up - and they're current pics. His leg looks like something you'd expect to see on Frankenstein.
JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.