Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 06-24-2024, 12:17 PM  
MVP

$16m in Cap Space, are we gonna spend it?

We let Buggs go and currently have ~$16m in cap space...

Are we gonna spend it?

Who should we spend it on?
Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 06-24-2024, 12:18 PM   #2
Starter

Maybe $3M for Donovan Smith.
PatMahomesIsGod is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
Thumbs Up 4 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2024, 12:19 PM   #3
Veteran

We need to replace about 20 personnel on the cheerleaders squad.
Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.
Thumbs Up 14 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2024, 12:21 PM   #4
El Gato Gordo Loco

Pay Donovan Smith and hope he gets beat out.
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2024, 12:35 PM   #5
MVP

A gorilla vs. grizzly PPV.
MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-24-2024, 12:37 PM   #6
In Search of a Life

Lt insurance makes sense. But top priority should be to save up for future contract obligations.
chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2024, 12:37 PM   #7
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Makes me wish we'd have held onto Gay at his price point. That athleticism was a big deal at times.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 10 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2024, 12:39 PM   #8
I Like The Kansas City Chiefs

I’d bet we sign a vet running back after cuts.
smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2024, 12:40 PM   #9
Has a particular set of skills

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatMahomesIsGod View Post
Maybe $3M for Donovan Smith.
Something like that if it’s obvious no one can do the job. Otherwise, I think leftover salary cap carries over to next year, correct? If so, we really need more cap space next year. Lots of great players are due to be paid.
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-24-2024, 12:41 PM   #10
Special Teams ACE!!!

I know DT is basically the same that it was last year, and I know the team thinks way more highly of Nnadi than most of us do, but... ehhhhhhh

Behind Jones, who sometimes splits out to end, we've got:

Wharton (unspectacular, okayish, basically there as rotational interior rush)
Nnadi (when he's good, he's serviceable as a nose, but when he's not? Blech)
Pennel (33 years old, ideally won't be counted on much during the regular season)
Omenihu (only rotationally, and again does interior rush stuff, also coming off his injury)
Farrell (JAG)
Dickerson (JAG, and pretty much sucks)
Lovett (hopeful he can contribute, but doubt he'll be reliable)
Gubner (probably practice squad material)

Basically, we're counting on Lovett being able to not only make the roster but play some meaningful snaps on our rushing down rotation, because I'd really like to save Pennel as much as we can for the playoffs.

Again, I know the Chiefs aren't worried, because that's technically more than they were rolling with into camp last year at this time. I just... I'd like more.
RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2024, 12:43 PM   #11
Stroking to the SB Champs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedChief View Post
Something like that if it’s obvious no one can do the job. Otherwise, I think leftover salary cap carries over to next year, correct? If so, we really need more cap space next year. Lots of great players are due to be paid.
When you have Mahomes, Kelce, Jones, et al, you play for now - not later. If we have $$, spend it to shore up LT, RB & another DL.
ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 6 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2024, 12:47 PM   #12
I Like The Kansas City Chiefs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiTown View Post
When you have Mahomes, Kelce, Jones, et al, you play for now - not later. If we have $$, spend it to shore up LT, RB & another DL.
Agree with RB and DT.

Hope we don’t sign a LT, because we’re blown away by what we have in Kingsley.
smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-24-2024, 12:47 PM   #13
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
I don't always agree - but I think I do this time.

That said, you don't just spend for the sake of spending. The right player has to be there. And honestly, I'd love to use some of that space to get extensions done on those guys that we need to take care of next season. But I think the rapid rises in the cap going forward are going to keep most players from extending early unless you're willing to blow the market apart to do so.

Now Creed can/will and probably SHOULD re-set the market. So I'm a little puzzled as to why that one's not done yet.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-24-2024, 12:48 PM   #14
MVP

Quote:
Indeed, you're doing a disservice to this team by sitting $16 million under the cap this year, unless they're planning to go all out Philly Eagles style next offseason and resign all our top free agents no matter what, which you know they aren't going to do.

I'm assuming Veach has some 1-year deals he's planning on handing out to a LT, RB and possibly a DT. Still some guys out there, just no way I see them sitting on that much space. They'll spend $8-9M of it before all is said and done is my guess.
Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 06-24-2024, 12:53 PM   #15
Tossed Salad & Scrambled Eggs

LT - Smith or Bak for vet min?

Sit on it for a midseason trade if need be?
Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.