Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 03-10-2024, 09:42 AM   #2
Ultrabanned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWillie View Post
I would like to know why I hate Star Wars but I love Dune? People say that Star Wars was inspired by the Dune book.
Because you were exposed to Stars Wars people like Clay your whole life but there wasn't a Dune subculture?
Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-10-2024, 09:46 AM   #3
Future NBA Finals MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablo View Post
Because you were exposed to Stars Wars people like Clay your whole life but there wasn't a Dune subculture?
You know that definitely could be it I guess. The special effects I feel like were not good enough to make a movie like the original Star Wars so it just looked and felt way, way too corny for me.

I imagine if I watched 1984 Dune it would be super duper cheese.
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-10-2024, 09:50 AM   #4
Ultrabanned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWillie View Post
You know that definitely could be it I guess. The special effects I feel like were not good enough to make a movie like the original Star Wars so it just looked and felt way, way too corny for me.

I imagine if I watched 1984 Dune it would be super duper cheese.
I'm sure it sucks. Trying to create great Sci-Fi without the processing power we have this century is a tall task.

Oh look, their ship is just hurdling thru space right now!!

*shakes shoebox spray painted silver with strobe lights in the background*

1977 crowds:

Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-10-2024, 04:13 PM   #5
MVP

"Dune 2(IMAX)": an audiovisual spectacle the likes of which not seen since "1917", featuring an uncompelling pair of leads and a forgettable script
BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-15-2024, 07:29 PM   #6
I'll be back.

Wow. ****ing incredible.

I do wish we had gotten the poison blade sequence at the end, but DV actually made me believe he was going to kill Paul.

And just an incredible transition from Paul Atreides to Usul after the Water of Life sequence. Chamalet nailed it. The whole sequence with the Fremen council was spellbinding.

Only two criticisms:

Kinda wish we had gotten music when the giant sandworm breached during the mounting sequence, and the rest of the fremen climbing on board. I still prefer the '84 sequence.

Walken kinda sucked. I felt that role was miscast.
Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-15-2024, 07:36 PM   #7
I'll be back.

Re: Chani

I get why people don't like it, but I think it was played to great dramatic effect.

It will make their uniting again in Messiah that much stronger.
Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-17-2024, 10:28 AM   #8
Future NBA Finals MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties View Post

I get why people don't like it, but I think it was played to great dramatic effect.

Hey asshole. Put that shit in spoiler
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-21-2024, 02:53 PM   #9
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:

Oh no.

They Strong Womaned her, didn't they?

I mean damn, she wasn't some wilting daisy in the books. But yeah, I can probably guess what happened here - Didn't like him marrying Irulan and wasn't gonna be some Royal Consort so she peaced out.

I mean that was exactly what Jessica was and she's one of the strongest female characters in modern literary history but nope - can't have that in a modern blockbuster....
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2024, 12:15 PM   #10
I'll be back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
Oh no.

They Strong Womaned her, didn't they?

I mean damn, she wasn't some wilting daisy in the books. But yeah, I can probably guess what happened here - Didn't like him marrying Irulan and wasn't gonna be some Royal Consort so she peaced out.

I mean that was exactly what Jessica was and she's one of the strongest female characters in modern literary history but nope - can't have that in a modern blockbuster....
Nah it isn't that bad. Like it's not Rey level problems.

I'm interested to see where her character goes.
Old 03-16-2024, 08:50 PM   #11
I'll be back.

stop complaining fraz

Old 03-19-2024, 09:17 PM   #12
I'll be back.

so Kathleen Turner did Jessica's "voice"? ****ing badass

Old 03-23-2024, 09:47 AM   #13
sorta mod-ish

Quote:
so Kathleen Turner did Jessica's "voice"? ****ing badass

I crush so hard on this woman.

If you have never watched the movie Dr. Sleep, I implore you to go do so now. Rebecca Ferguson is amazing. And hot as ****.
Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-23-2024, 12:21 PM   #14
I'll be back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowser View Post
I crush so hard on this woman.

If you have never watched the movie Dr. Sleep, I implore you to go do so now. Rebecca Ferguson is amazing. And hot as ****.
Massive tits. Underrated bombshell.
Old 03-26-2024, 08:34 PM   #15
MVP

Welp, saw this tonight.

I need to settle down a bit and gather my thoughts before I make my final determination because I’m a little pissed right now.
Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote