Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-03-2022, 06:57 PM  
sorta mod-ish

Star Trek: Strange New Worlds

Maybe it's overkill having a thread for this, but meh.

Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-09-2023, 12:27 PM   #331
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by listopencil View Post
Spock should be at the top. He's the most naturally compelling character of the series. Followed closely if not eventually eclipsed by Pike because he should be the central character of this series. After that it's hit or miss depending on the actors involved and how the parts are being written.
As I've said previously, I come to realize the show isn't written for me. I erroneously thought we were going to get a Pike-Spock-Number One centric series because that was the trio we saw on Discovery. Clearly that's not what they're going for, and I guess I should have not been surprised.

It is what it is, just not what I wanted and thought it would be. I probably will watch tomorrow's episode just because I've come this far, but I'm not the least bit excited about it. With the ongoing strikes, God only knows when they'll have another season and I couldn't care less.

EDIT TO ADD: A good friend of mine, a long term ST fan messaged me this the other day:

"I never thought I'd say this, but they can quit making new Star Trek series if this is the best they can do."

I can't say I disagree.

Last edited by gh4chiefs; 08-09-2023 at 12:33 PM.. Reason: Add on
gh4chiefs is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.gh4chiefs is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.gh4chiefs is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.gh4chiefs is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.gh4chiefs is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.gh4chiefs is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
Old 08-09-2023, 12:27 PM   #332
Perpetual Mediocrity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frazod View Post
I guess they should have called it Star Trek - Super New Characters!
I'm not really sure what you're arguing at this point and I'm not sure you do either. Is it that you only want 3 good developed characters and nothing else? If so, just go back and watch TOS reruns.
KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 08-09-2023, 12:28 PM   #333
Immanentize The Eschaton

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC_Connection View Post
They had a good/great episode just two weeks ago in E8.
I know. That was a great episode. That last scene at the very end of the episode was damn near perfect. Get back to that.
listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-09-2023, 12:28 PM   #334
Perpetual Mediocrity

Quote:
No, a bad episode isn't a 'me' problem. It's a 'show' problem. My opinion of the show is going to be based on...the show.
Guess which other Trek shows also had bad episodes? Every single one of them. Yes, even TNG and DS9 (and plenty of them in both cases). It didn't mean the shows were bad.
KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 08-09-2023, 12:30 PM   #335
Perpetual Mediocrity

Quote:
I know. That was a great episode. That last scene at the very end of the episode was damn near perfect. Get back to that.
Get back to the thing they released a week and a half ago, I guess.
Old 08-09-2023, 12:30 PM   #336
Immanentize The Eschaton

Quote:
Guess which other Trek shows also had bad episodes? Every single one of them. Yes, even TNG and DS9 (and plenty of them in both cases). It didn't mean the shows were bad.
I'm well aware. I still bear the scars of Spock's Brain. No more of that.
listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-09-2023, 12:31 PM   #337
Immanentize The Eschaton

Quote:
Get back to the thing they released a week and a half ago, I guess.
Get back to the quality of the show as it was in that episode and stop feeding us bullshit.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2023, 12:31 PM   #338
Perpetual Mediocrity

Quote:
I'm well aware. I still bear the scars of Spock's Brain. No more of that.
If SNW really wanted to pay homage to TOS, they should start throwing in some real bad ones like that.
Old 08-09-2023, 12:32 PM   #339
Immanentize The Eschaton

Quote:
If SNW really wanted to pay homage to TOS, they should start throwing in some real bad ones like that.
No. Don't even say that out loud.
Old 08-09-2023, 12:33 PM   #340
Perpetual Mediocrity

Quote:
Get back to the quality of the show as it was in that episode and stop feeding us bullshit.
Your standards might just be a tiny bit too high for a Trek series. It was a week and a half ago.
Old 08-09-2023, 12:34 PM   #341
Perpetual Mediocrity

Quote:
No. Don't even say that out loud.
The way they're experimenting in some of these episodes, you know something everyone is gonna absolutely hate is coming in S3. I look forward to it.
Old 08-09-2023, 12:39 PM   #342
Immanentize The Eschaton

Quote:
The way they're experimenting in some of these episodes, you know something everyone is gonna absolutely hate is coming in S3. I look forward to it.
I thought it was pretty ballsy of them to do that fantasy episode in season one, and so was the decision to do the musical episode this year. They've been the best Trek going on (other than Picard season 3) for quite a while so they can afford to take chances. But stop with the weak storytelling shortcuts.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2023, 01:09 PM   #343
Here We Go Again

Quote:
I thought it was pretty ballsy of them to do that fantasy episode in season one, and so was the decision to do the musical episode this year. They've been the best Trek going on (other than Picard season 3) for quite a while so they can afford to take chances. But stop with the weak storytelling shortcuts.
Honestly, if S2 had been S1, I'd be pretty damn happy with it. Even with the musical episode.

ETA: despite my carping about S1 being better, I love S2 as well. Have enjoyed the hell out of S2.
lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 08-09-2023, 02:52 PM   #344
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Quote:
I'm not really sure what you're arguing at this point and I'm not sure you do either. Is it that you only want 3 good developed characters and nothing else? If so, just go back and watch TOS reruns.
I'm quite sure I know what I want, and I've been fairly clear about it. I want more of the things that made me actually like Star Trek. More exploration. More space battles. A good recurring villain would be nice. What I need less of is Mary Sue communications officers, Vulcan love triangles and ****ing singing.
Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2023, 04:31 PM   #345
Perpetual Mediocrity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frazod View Post
I'm quite sure I know what I want, and I've been fairly clear about it. I want more of the things that made me actually like Star Trek. More exploration. More space battles. A good recurring villain would be nice. What I need less of is Mary Sue communications officers, Vulcan love triangles and ****ing singing.
So TOS reruns it is then.