Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 12-10-2019, 02:43 PM   #2
You don't faze me, Gobble.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepPurple View Post

Knives Out I'm going to see at 3pm on $5 Tuesday
Prepare to add it to your list!
Mama Hip Rockets is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mama Hip Rockets is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mama Hip Rockets is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mama Hip Rockets is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mama Hip Rockets is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mama Hip Rockets is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mama Hip Rockets is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mama Hip Rockets is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mama Hip Rockets is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mama Hip Rockets is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mama Hip Rockets is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 02-08-2020, 12:11 AM   #3
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama Hip Rockets View Post
2. Knives Out (2019)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepPurple View Post
Knives Out I'm going to see at 3pm on $5 Tuesday
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama Hip Rockets View Post
Prepare to add it to your list!
Finally saw Knives Out.

It was competent, but fluff.
It was fun. I'm not disparaging it.

But I spent more time reassembling the pastiche of other movies, novels, and network drama episodes it sampled to cobble together the narrative than being bowled over by anything approached Best of Decade.

I can't place it, but I have a distinct memory of it. The central conceit of why, . . . OK let me be circumspect and oblique here to avoid spoilers. . . .

The central narrative conceit that made the blackmail evidence actually completely exculpatory, with the help of a little bit of extrapolation, was directly lifted from an existing narrative.

OK< at this point I can't get any more detailed without spoiling, but I'll try to minimize even behind the spoiler tag. . .

Spoiler!

So clear to me, that I can't get past the mental way station that it must have happened in a Law and Order episode, but it probably happened in something else. Thing is I remember the exposition regarding it being nearly identical.

So now, even after it's over, I'm thinking more about where I've seen that narrative before than the movie itself.

Last edited by Baby Lee; 02-08-2020 at 12:16 AM..
Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-10-2019, 01:50 PM   #4
Banned

Birdemic: Shock and Terror
The Last Airbender
Bucky Larson: Born to Be a Star
Jack and Jill
That's My Boy
Run for Your Wife
Movie 43
Fateful Findings
Humshakals
Kidnapping, Caucasian Style!
eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-10-2019, 02:29 PM   #5
Veteran

1. Blade Runner 2049
2. Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri
3. Wolf of Wall Street
4. Django Unchained
5. Sicario
6. Drive
7. Whiplash
8. Mad Max: Fury Road
9. Looper
10. Moneyball
Shoes would the whole thing.Shoes would the whole thing.Shoes would the whole thing.Shoes would the whole thing.Shoes would the whole thing.Shoes would the whole thing.Shoes would the whole thing.Shoes would the whole thing.Shoes would the whole thing.Shoes would the whole thing.Shoes would the whole thing.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 04:35 PM   #6
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
1. Blade Runner 2049
2. Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri
3. Wolf of Wall Street
4. Django Unchained
5. Sicario
6. Drive
7. Whiplash
8. Mad Max: Fury Road
9. Looper
10. Moneyball
I'll also mention The Hurt Locker, forgot it came out in 2010. Needs to be on the list.
Shoes would the whole thing.Shoes would the whole thing.Shoes would the whole thing.Shoes would the whole thing.Shoes would the whole thing.Shoes would the whole thing.Shoes would the whole thing.Shoes would the whole thing.Shoes would the whole thing.Shoes would the whole thing.Shoes would the whole thing.
Old 12-10-2019, 05:54 PM   #7
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
I'll also mention The Hurt Locker, forgot it came out in 2010. Needs to be on the list.
No sorry. 2008 Europe. 2009 USA
Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-11-2019, 04:21 PM   #8
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 View Post
No sorry. 2008 Europe. 2009 USA
You are correct my good sir, my bad!
Old 12-10-2019, 04:26 PM   #9
Politically Incorrect

I really liked that Hell or High Water.

Really cool!
scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-10-2019, 06:23 PM   #10
YOU take YOUR seat

I haven't seen one mention of rotten tomatoes greatest movie of all time (and not even close) and it came out in the 2010's.

I liked Drive and I liked Insterstellar and I liked John Wick (only seen the first one).

That's all I can even think of from this decade that's worth mentioning.
Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-10-2019, 06:47 PM   #11
"You like to drink?"

No particular order but if I were to rattle off 10 movies I've seen from 2010 to 2019:

Rogue One
Inception
Interstellar
Her
Bladerunner 2049
Django Unchained
Edge of Tomorrow
The Big Short
Drive
21 Jump Street
Great Gatsby
Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-10-2019, 09:48 PM   #12
Supporter

True Grit
Sicario
Kick-Ass
Django Unchained
Thor:Ragnarok
Guardians of the Galaxy
Guardians of the Galaxy 2
The Hobbit:An Unexpected Journey
Logan

So pretty much super hero movies and gritty action movies

True Grit is up there all time with Tombstone as my 1 and 1a
hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-10-2019, 10:38 PM   #13
You gotta kill a few people

I remember watching Drive randomly and really enjoying it but can’t, for the life of me, remember shit about the plot.

Speaking of being pleasantly surprised, Nighrcrawler with Gylenhal was a similar experience. Really good movie out of nowhere.
ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-14-2019, 06:11 PM   #14
pie is never free

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaVirus View Post
I remember watching Drive randomly and really enjoying it but can’t, for the life of me, remember shit about the plot.

Speaking of being pleasantly surprised, Nighrcrawler with Gylenhal was a similar experience. Really good movie out of nowhere.
Nightcrawler... excellent choice
Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-11-2019, 07:24 PM   #15
Supporter

1. 20 Feet From Stardom
2. Mad Max: Fury Road
3. Inside Out
4. Hereditary
5. Once Upon a Time in Hollywood
6. Parasite
7. Rogue One: A Star Wars Story
8. The Act of Killing
9. The Descendants
10. Sicario

Honorable Mention

The Witch
True Grit
Skyfall
John Wick
The Dark Knight Rises
Isle of Dogs
Get Out
Django Unchained
The Other Guys
Moonrise Kingdom
The Grand Budapest Hotel
Cabin in the Woods
Wonder Woman
Baby Driver
Winter’s Bone

[come on guys, a decade is a long time]
Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.