Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 07-15-2015, 08:45 AM  
Supporter

Fire Me Boy! What's For Dinner? Thread

Since the other one got too big, let's keep the food truck rolling. Whacha got?

Vol 2. http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285408

Last edited by Buehler445; 03-02-2020 at 09:14 AM..
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-08-2023, 04:09 PM   #17431
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
Originally Posted by scho63 View Post
How about a nice pear tart or onion and cheese tart?

Grilled peaches and whipped ricotta?

Even a grilled corn or grilled head of romaine with shaved Parmesan.

Something to cut down on the salt and heaviness of the ham.
Yeah, I have a time constraint, but I am trying to figure out something that balances out the savoriness of the ham. I have some of my mom's cranberry sauce from Thanksgiving frozen that I'm thawing out (might use as a baste for the ham instead of my traditional bourbon-based brown sugar-mesquite honey glaze), and I did look for some pears at the local grocery but no dice. I could go with some grilled corn with cilantro/lime/taco seasoning drizzle.
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-08-2023, 04:16 PM   #17432
I'll be back.

pineapple
Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2023, 04:20 PM   #17433
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties View Post
pineapple
**** sakes. This was a potential side last year. Thanks. Easy prep and grill. And my mom loves pineapple. Probably eat more pineapple than ham.

Can't rep you right now, because I did recently. Much appreciated. Will rep you for no reason later.
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-08-2023, 05:45 PM   #17434
Tip of the hat LIV Champs

Wangs

wangs and potatoes
Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2023, 06:23 PM   #17435
Cheat Death

Usually not one for BBQ pizza but fine copped some leftover pulled pork with some OK Joe's sauce, gouda cheese, pickled red onion and cilantro

Straight money

Best crust I've made to date

KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2023, 06:40 PM   #17436
pie is never free

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasputin View Post
Wangs

wangs and potatoes
It all looks perfectly golden brown, with beautifully rendered skin... bon appetit
Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-08-2023, 06:49 PM   #17437
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy 6 View Post
Please go on about this low country boil, we need details dammit...
We use large u15 shrimp (in shell), mini red potatoes, crab legs, andouille sausage, corn on the cob, and Vidalia onions boiled in a large pot with about 1/2 Zattaran’s boil spice. Bring water (about 2-3 gallons) to a boil and add the potatoes first for about 10 mins. Then add the onions and corn. After 5 mins add the andouille and crab legs. Allow to cook for 3-5 mins and then add the shrimp -and let cook for 3 mins or until the shrimp are fully pink. Drain and serve with drawn butter and cocktail sauce sides.
Peter Gibbons is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Peter Gibbons is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Peter Gibbons is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Peter Gibbons is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Peter Gibbons is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Peter Gibbons is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Peter Gibbons is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Peter Gibbons is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Peter Gibbons is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Peter Gibbons is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Peter Gibbons is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 04-08-2023, 06:57 PM   #17438
pie is never free

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Gibbons View Post
We use large u15 shrimp (in shell), mini red potatoes, crab legs, andouille sausage, corn on the cob, and Vidalia onions boiled in a large pot with about 1/2 Zattaran’s boil spice. Bring water (about 2-3 gallons) to a boil and add the potatoes first for about 10 mins. Then add the onions and corn. After 5 mins add the andouille and crab legs. Allow to cook for 3-5 mins and then add the shrimp -and let cook for 3 mins or until the shrimp are fully pink. Drain and serve with drawn butter and cocktail sauce sides.
Sounds sooo good, I've only done one boil with all shrimp and sausage because crablegs are so steep around here

But it was killer anyway, those Zatarains packets impart a LOT of flavor to everything, even the taters and corn explode with flavor
Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-08-2023, 07:02 PM   #17439
Tip of the hat LIV Champs

Quote:
It all looks perfectly golden brown, with beautifully rendered skin... bon appetit
Not to brag, ok to be a braggart, these were ****ing good.

I love my new cast iron skillet I bought for camping but I'll probably cook a lot with it.
Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-08-2023, 07:03 PM   #17440
Veteran

Quote:
Sounds sooo good, I've only done one boil with all shrimp and sausage because crablegs are so steep around here

But it was killer anyway, those Zatarains packets impart a LOT of flavor to everything, even the taters and corn explode with flavor
Completely agree that crab legs are not needed. We also leave them out a lot of times due to both availability and how much work they require to get to the “meat”. I could not agree more about the corn and potatoes. I actually always use a bit more of each as the veggies are my favorite part (followed closely by the andouille).
Peter Gibbons is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Peter Gibbons is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Peter Gibbons is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Peter Gibbons is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Peter Gibbons is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Peter Gibbons is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Peter Gibbons is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Peter Gibbons is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Peter Gibbons is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Peter Gibbons is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Peter Gibbons is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 04-08-2023, 08:32 PM   #17441
pie is never free

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Gibbons View Post
Completely agree that crab legs are not needed. We also leave them out a lot of times due to both availability and how much work they require to get to the “meat”. I could not agree more about the corn and potatoes. I actually always use a bit more of each as the veggies are my favorite part (followed closely by the andouille).
For people who've never tried it before, those packets will be a revelation... they add sooo much flavor
Old 04-08-2023, 08:40 PM   #17442
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
For people who've never tried it before, those packets will be a revelation... they add sooo much flavor
Which packets?
Old 04-08-2023, 08:52 PM   #17443
www.nfl-forecast.com

Here is a great pineapple recipe as a side for ham:

1 stick butter, room temp
3/4 cup sugar
4 eggs
20 Oz can crushed pineapple, drained
6 slices white bread, cubed

Cream butter and sugar.
Add eggs, beat until smooth.
Add pineapple and bread cubes. Mix.
Pour into greased casserole and bake at 350 until browned on top, about 45 minutes.
cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-08-2023, 08:54 PM   #17444
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablo View Post
Taco night. Made Mexican rice in the instant pot. What a hit. Very easy and delicious and exactly what I was hoping for

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

omg. That looks so ****ing good!
rfaulk34 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.rfaulk34 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.rfaulk34 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.rfaulk34 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.rfaulk34 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.rfaulk34 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.rfaulk34 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.rfaulk34 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.rfaulk34 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.rfaulk34 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.rfaulk34 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 04-08-2023, 08:57 PM   #17445
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Due to time constraints I had to do the potatoes au gratin early. Used my dad's recipe, mostly, which is basically sliced yukon golds, caramelized onions, roast garlic, three cheddars, little gruyere, dijon mustard (yes, Grey Poupon), heavy cream, seasonings:

Will finish it tomorrow with some fried onions and parmesan cheese.
Thumbs Up 7 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote