Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-10-2024, 03:16 PM   #11
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightfyre View Post
I tend to agree with Steve Smith's take - he ain't half assing, he's pacing his routes to get the corner out of position and then exploding past them when they do. I guess you had Terrion Arnold's speed pegged at like 4.7 then? Cause he burnt Arnold to a crisp for a whole game - reflecting his play speed.
I don't grade a player on one game. So if the argument is "Well he beat Alabama's great corners" then the argument is flawed. He had 3 catches in that Alabama game. If two of those receptions didn't go for TDs, would you still be singing his praises? Probably not.

But beyond that, I didn't conclude by watching one casual play that he doesn't play fast. If I agreed with route pacing as the entirety of the excuse, I wouldn't be questioning his play speed. Route variation is something you look for. Amari Cooper is a master class in route pacing. Speed looks like and issue on tape repeatedly, which includes having to push off to open at the end of a go route, or not being able to outrun coverage on a completion where he should as a 4.3 player.

I'm going to pull up his highlight reel for now. At 0;34, this is good route pacing. That's what you're looking for. Not looking at a lot of the running in quicksand moments.

I don't even dislike Mitchell. I actually kind of like Mitchell. I don't know that he'd be the guy Reid would prefer. This is a team that relies on a lot of speed and quickness and a ton of movement. I don't think he has the consistency there.
kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.