Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-19-2023, 01:56 PM   #2
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by InChiefsHeaven View Post
Look, I appreciate that. I'm just saying, it's not my jam is all. I want to hear real emotion besides ****ing rage. Rage is good, it has it's place, but only every great once in a while...not every song.

And I know, I'm probably not hearing enough of it I guess.

Seriously, I appreciate the music, but the vocalizing is just awful in my ears is all. The screamiest I ever got was Pantera, and that shit got screamy, but I dunno...in an appropriate way. And was hardly ever unintelligible growling.
I was much the same way as you even 10 years ago. Then a friend exposed me to some really quality bands. The good ones aren't "all rage". They alternate between heavy and soft, loud and quiet, aggressive and atmospheric. It creates a contrast and tension that isn't found in a lot of other music because the differences are so striking when they go from growing to singing.

Also, the growling isn't unintelligible. In many ways, it's like learning a new language. Once you listen to it enough, you start to understand what they are saying. Also, some of the music is so good that it's worth listening to the growling anyway.
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-19-2023, 02:44 PM   #3
In Search of a Life

In 1988 or 1989 I saw Manowar open up for Motorhead at the Ritz.

I would agree that Manowar was the loudest band I've ever seen. Not the best band by far, but the loudest.
Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 04-19-2023, 02:53 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 View Post

I would agree that Manowar was the loudest band I've ever seen. Not the best band by far, but the loudest.
I saw Metallica at Kemper Arena in 1991. We got there way early, so we were sitting out in the parking lot. The drums were being set up, and we knew that because my rearview mirrors were shaking. In the parking lot.

That concert remains the loudest thing I've ever heard. I couldn't hear right for 3 or 4 days after.

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/metal...o-3d6d9f3.html
AdolfOliverBush has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AdolfOliverBush has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AdolfOliverBush has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AdolfOliverBush has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AdolfOliverBush has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AdolfOliverBush has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AdolfOliverBush has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AdolfOliverBush has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AdolfOliverBush has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AdolfOliverBush has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AdolfOliverBush has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 04-19-2023, 03:27 PM   #5
Rockin' yer FACE OFF!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdolfOliverBush View Post
I saw Metallica at Kemper Arena in 1991. We got there way early, so we were sitting out in the parking lot. The drums were being set up, and we knew that because my rearview mirrors were shaking. In the parking lot.

That concert remains the loudest thing I've ever heard. I couldn't hear right for 3 or 4 days after.

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/metal...o-3d6d9f3.html
Saw that tour in Omaha at the Civic Auditorium...one of my favorite concerts ever.
InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-20-2023, 12:17 PM   #6
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 View Post

Louder than Motorhead?

If they were that loud, how did you even hear the music?
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.