Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 01-20-2021, 08:55 AM  
Supporter

How ****ed am I?

Computer was acting laggy when I plugged it into my docking station so I shut it down. When I restarted it This is what I’ve been looking at for 45 minutes.

How ****ed am I?
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-20-2021, 09:17 AM   #2
It was not a fair catch

should be ok. Give it time.
displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-20-2021, 09:22 AM   #3
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Well, that's about the time I call my computer guru buddy. Good luck.

Seems like 45 minutes is way too long. I personally would turn it off and try again, but I don't know if that's the best course of action.
Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-20-2021, 09:29 AM   #4
Ain't no relax!

It shouldn't take that long. But give it some more time. You really don't want to power it off during a Windows repair. Bad things can happen. But if it doesn't progress any, you might have to.

It may be a sign of hard drive failure or Windows system corruption. But it may just be a little hiccup that's not really indicative of anything. Hopefully the later.
Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-20-2021, 11:27 AM   #5
'Tis my eye!

It could take anywhere from 20 minutes to 2 hours. It just depends on the computer, the size of the hard drive, and several other factors.

Like Fish said, wait as long as you can and try to let it finish.
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-20-2021, 11:40 AM   #6
Supporter

I had some shit to do so it’s set for close to 3 hours. When I get back I’ll take a look. Thanks for the advice.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-20-2021, 11:52 AM   #7
It was not a fair catch

Windows is pushing out a large update
displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-20-2021, 12:17 PM   #8
Veteran

My computer did that; the Automatic Repair. Never recovered. You can download and burn a copy of the latest version of Windows 10 and boot from it. It will give you options to check the drive, etc. I had a few adult beverages and ended up losing patience with the whole process; it had been running for 16 hours and I said enuf. Hopefully, you have everything backed up... If not and the drive has bad sectors, just start from scratch with a new drive, get an external drive enclosure and copy the data from it once you have Windows up and running again.
crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 01-20-2021, 12:45 PM   #9
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crayzkirk View Post
My computer did that; the Automatic Repair. Never recovered. You can download and burn a copy of the latest version of Windows 10 and boot from it. It will give you options to check the drive, etc. I had a few adult beverages and ended up losing patience with the whole process; it had been running for 16 hours and I said enuf. Hopefully, you have everything backed up... If not and the drive has bad sectors, just start from scratch with a new drive, get an external drive enclosure and copy the data from it once you have Windows up and running again.
Yep.

I wouldn't even boot it again at that point as you risk increasing the errors on the hard drive, making data less recoverable.

Slap a new hard drive in it, reinstall Windows, and then put the old drive in an enclosure and pull your data off of it.
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-20-2021, 12:51 PM   #10
It was not a fair catch

do all of that and use it as a business expense for tax reasons
Old 01-20-2021, 12:57 PM   #11
Supporter

So I guess all is well that ends well?

It ran on that screen for 4 hours. I forced it to shut down and upon restart appears to be working properly.

Maybe I just delayed the ****ing?

Who knows.

Thanks for the help guys.
Old 01-20-2021, 01:00 PM   #12
Supporter

Would still top off the antifreeze just to be sure.
notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 01:05 PM   #13
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post

It ran on that screen for 4 hours. I forced it to shut down and upon restart appears to be working properly.

Who knows.

I would try to run a full diagnostic, using a boot disk like crazykirk mentioned and at least back everything up. You don't want to lose any data.
Old 01-20-2021, 01:11 PM   #14
Here We Go Again

Quote:

Who knows.

I've had similar things happen with the Lenovo laptop I have for work.
lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 01-20-2021, 01:15 PM   #15
MVP

Quote:

Who knows.

Back your shit up now. Could be a sign of things to come.
BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.