Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 11-29-2017, 12:00 AM  
Special Teams ACE!!!

Herm Edwards will interview for Arizona State HC job

https://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...-this-weekend/

We don't have any Sun Devil fans here on CP, do we? If so, we need to keep them on suicide watch
RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-29-2017, 07:00 PM   #61
Rock Chalk Jayhawks! KU!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter Libby View Post
Yup if I'm a 5* CB I'm taking a look at ASU

And laughing.
Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-29-2017, 07:03 PM   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat View Post

Those poor bastards. How many years until he wrecks this university’s football program.

He’s not a talent scout or guru.
Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-29-2017, 07:03 PM   #63
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post
I told you I’m not reading that hogshit. I can’t stand that man. I’m not going to look up examples for you where you will just make up some damned other excuse for your hero. Just like you did with your dumbass 3 years in the league with Vermiels roster. **** that shit. If you’re too goddamned simple minded to remember him taking about ball control before games I don’t know what to tell you man.

Herm was and remains a fraud. Just because you can’t see how your hero was completely clueless regarding the offense I won’t help you. I already tried with your ridiculous just what the franchise needed ridiculousness.
If you hate Herm, that's your opinion. I don't care what you think about how he built his roster. We've debated that plenty.

The claim that he rejected Gailey's offense is an accusation on a totally unproven "fact." It's a totally baseless accusation. Own up to it. Unless you can find a single shred of evidence that Herm wanted to completely scrap the spread or that he openly rejected what Gailey was doing.

You made the accusation, not me. Back it up.
chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 07:11 PM   #64
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Did I say he was 100% wrong? I said he was a shit coach and a shit personnel man. He was bad at every single aspect of his job but he’s not 100% wrong.

In point of fact he was on the radio a few weeks back talking about when he suspended LJ for smacking that chick. I listened to it, remembered what happened and I’m totally on board with what he did.

Cutting some high priced used up guys was the right call. A few draft picks were the right call (even if he was too ****ing stupid to use Charles when anybody with a brain could see he was better than LJ). And if he really was the driving force to make King Carl give up the Marty approach that was right too.

He was shit at every aspect of his job but I’m not blind to what he did right.

And I’m not like the Alex Smith haters. I was probably one of the last ones that defended him outside of the but huggers. I didn’t want to bench him before we drafted Mahomes because there wasn’t a better option. I am opinionated but I’m not a blind rage monster like you allege.

You are just incomprehensibly white knighting the worst coach I’ve seen.
Sorry, I find it just a little ridiculous that in the world of Bill Callahans, Bob McAdoos, and Romeo Crennels, that people act like Herm was the worst coach to ever live. Compared to those coaches, he's a hall of famer.

I'm glad to see what you said above. I agree with most of it. That is the first I've heard of you even hinting at a compliment so I wasn't aware that's where you stood. And no, I'm not white knighting Herm. Calling him "not good" is not a defense of him as a coach. It's a defense against people who have such an irrational hatred for the guy.
chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-29-2017, 07:31 PM   #65
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 View Post
If you hate Herm, that's your opinion. I don't care what you think about how he built his roster. We've debated that plenty.

The claim that he rejected Gailey's offense is an accusation on a totally unproven "fact." It's a totally baseless accusation. Own up to it. Unless you can find a single shred of evidence that Herm wanted to completely scrap the spread or that he openly rejected what Gailey was doing.

You made the accusation, not me. Back it up.
I've already told you, you couldn't pay me enough to go through his press conferences. Especially after I went through every roster spot on Vermiels and Herms rosters to prove to you how much of a shit personnel guy he was and you completely dismissed it. Even though you weren't even close to right. No.

That's not even a significant part of my argument. You said this:

Quote:
He is too far removed from coaching. But I think people forget that he openly embraced Gaileys pistol offense which was wide open. And heimidinger, who if not for Penningtons injured noodle arm, might have run a pretty vertical offense. I don't think he's as sold on r2p2 as people remember. The Tampa 2, on the other hand... That isn't going to work.
The main part of my response was that you didn't listen to a word he said at the time or since. He still doesn't understand why you throw the ball and it is painfully obvious to this day. But if you want to stand on the table and beat your fist that he was all about a gimmick offense with a truly limited QB that doesn't really help your cause about him being a complete and ****ing moron regarding Offense.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-29-2017, 07:35 PM   #66
Supporter

Quote:
Sorry, I find it just a little ridiculous that in the world of Bill Callahans, Bob McAdoos, and Romeo Crennels, that people act like Herm was the worst coach to ever live. Compared to those coaches, he's a hall of famer.

I'm glad to see what you said above. I agree with most of it. That is the first I've heard of you even hinting at a compliment so I wasn't aware that's where you stood. And no, I'm not white knighting Herm. Calling him "not good" is not a defense of him as a coach. It's a defense against people who have such an irrational hatred for the guy.
Crennel could at least call a defense. Are you talking about Ben McAdoo? He could call an offense. Callahan is pretty garbage but I don't see him being materially worse than Squirmin Herman Mother****ing Sack of **** Edwards.

I've never said anything about the good things he did because the first thing you said to me about it was blasting me for (correctly) asserting that he wrecked the franchise (because he did).

You very much white knighted him when you said he is "exactly what the franchise needed" While was going about wrecking the franchise.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-29-2017, 07:43 PM   #67

Okay Buehler_445. He’s just trolling you now.
Old 11-29-2017, 07:44 PM   #68
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Servant_KC View Post
Okay Buehler_445. He’s just trolling you now.
Nah. He really and truly believes Herm was good for the franchise. Nobody trolls that hard.
Old 11-29-2017, 07:52 PM   #69

Quote:
Crennel could at least call a defense. Are you talking about Ben McAdoo? He could call an offense. Callahan is pretty garbage but I don't see him being materially worse than Squirmin Herman Mother****ing Sack of **** Edwards.

I've never said anything about the good things he did because the first thing you said to me about it was blasting me for (correctly) asserting that he wrecked the franchise (because he did).

You very much white knighted him when you said he is "exactly what the franchise needed" While was going about wrecking the franchise.
Carl and Vermeil wrecked the franchise. Herm was brought in to pick up the pieces.
wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-29-2017, 07:54 PM   #70
Mod Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Servant_KC View Post
Those poor bastards. How many years until he wrecks this university’s football program.

He’s not a talent scout or guru.
Their football program is pretty shitty anyway.

Not sure anyone would notice.
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-29-2017, 07:58 PM   #71
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wazu View Post
Carl and Vermeil wrecked the franchise. Herm was brought in to pick up the pieces.
It wasn't great Vermiels last year, but it was competitive. It was a goddamned mother****ing joke Squirmin Herman Mother****ing Sack of **** Edwards' last year.

That's wrecking the franchise.
Old 11-29-2017, 08:08 PM   #72
In Search of a Life

He got the job because the ASU AD was once his agent
BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 11-29-2017, 08:13 PM   #73
Mod Team

ASU has never been great at recruiting. Not sure why? Maybe it's that Phoenix doesn't have a smaller town type college feel to it? Tempe is a happening place for young people though. Women dress with minimal clothing all year, not to mention the pool parties. It would be a great place to go to college IMO.
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-29-2017, 08:19 PM   #74

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewdog View Post
Their football program is pretty shitty anyway.

Not sure anyone would notice.

Fair enough.
Old 11-29-2017, 08:20 PM   #75
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanBusby View Post
He got the job because the ASU AD was once his agent
Holy ****ing hell

What could go wrong?