Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 10-10-2023, 08:45 PM  
MVP

2024 WR Class

Some interesting WRs in the upcoming class, who do you like?

1st - 2nd RD WR Targets:

Keon Coleman, FSU, 6-4, 215, 4.6
Emeka Egbuka, OH ST, 6-1, 205, 4.3
Adonai Mitchell, TX, 6-4, 195, 4.5
Troy Franklin, ORG, 6-3, 185, 4.41
Xavier Legette, SC, 6-1, 225, 4.29
Brian Thomas, LSU, 6-4, 205, 4.35
Xavier Worthy, TX, 6-1, 175, 4.22
Ja'Lynn Polk, WAS, 6-2, 205, 4.48
Johnny Wilson, FSU, 6-7, 235, 4.42
Branden Rice, USC, 6-3, 210, 4.38
Malachi Corley, WKU, 5-11, 200, 4.46
Jermain Burton, BAMA, 6-0, 195, 4.31

*This entire class is tall WTF?

Last edited by Couch-Potato; 03-24-2024 at 01:08 PM..
Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 02-27-2024, 11:18 PM   #1471
MVP

PFF Player Comp for Franklin is Christian Watson... just coming here to say I told ya so lol
Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 02-28-2024, 12:50 AM   #1472
DeadPunisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato View Post
PFF Player Comp for Franklin is Christian Watson... just coming here to say I told ya so lol
Are you saying that is bad? Why does anyone put any stock into anything PFF says?

That is a terrible comp in my opinion. Franklin played against high level competition, and Watson, while playing for a powerhouse, didn't play at a P5 powerhouse, and didn't play against the athletes on defense that Franklin did.
ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 02-28-2024, 01:21 AM   #1473
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic View Post
Are you saying that is bad? Why does anyone put any stock into anything PFF says?

That is a terrible comp in my opinion. Franklin played against high level competition, and Watson, while playing for a powerhouse, didn't play at a P5 powerhouse, and didn't play against the athletes on defense that Franklin did.
Yeah, I don't really get where people get these takes. The dude put up nearly 1400 yards and 14 TDs at 17 yards a reception in the PAC12. That's not nothing. He put up almost 900 and 9 as a true Soph the year before. He doesn't look or play like Watson at all. He's a lot more like Jameson Williams or Devonta Smith. He's slender, he wins with speed, he's smooth, and he can go up and get it. Those 2 guys went at 12 and 10 respectively. There's a real solid chance that Franklin is the 4th WR off the board and goes a lot higher than we think.
kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 02-28-2024, 02:51 AM   #1474
DeadPunisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by kccrow View Post
Yeah, I don't really get where people get these takes. The dude put up nearly 1400 yards and 14 TDs at 17 yards a reception in the PAC12. That's not nothing. He put up almost 900 and 9 as a true Soph the year before. He doesn't look or play like Watson at all. He's a lot more like Jameson Williams or Devonta Smith. He's slender, he wins with speed, he's smooth, and he can go up and get it. Those 2 guys went at 12 and 10 respectively. There's a real solid chance that Franklin is the 4th WR off the board and goes a lot higher than we think.
I am on record saying that I wanted Watson in the 2nd round, and I felt like we should have moved up a few spots to get him. I loved the size and speed combo.

Troy Franklin is so much better than Watson. By like a lot. Paired with Mahomes, Troy Franklin would be a top 5 receiver in this league by the end of his rookie deal.
ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2024, 06:38 AM   #1475
MVP

I wanted Watson, too. And early in his rookie year, I got roasted for it. And then he scored like 8 TD's in like 6 weeks and people shut up.

There's an awful lot to like about Franklin.

I just want a good, smart, athletic top 64 pick. I'll trust Veach, Andy, and Mahomes to get their guy.
Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-28-2024, 06:40 AM   #1476
MVP

Also, I just saw some Pearsall highlights...

I've been sleeping on him. Did you see that one handed grab where he gets hammered on the crossing pattern and he still comes down with it?

Man.

Not at #32 or anything, but man.
Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-28-2024, 06:57 AM   #1477
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic View Post

I've been comparing him to a combo of D. Smith or J. Waddle crossed with a G. Pickens & C. Watson length over the course of this thread.
Old 02-28-2024, 07:06 AM   #1478
Baba Ganoush

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Meck View Post

I've been sleeping on him. Did you see that one handed grab where he gets hammered on the crossing pattern and he still comes down with it?

Man.

I like the swagger he brings too, you can see he’s confident in his game.
In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-28-2024, 09:05 AM   #1479
Supporter

Marcus Rosemy-Jacksaint out of Georgia absolutely wreaks of Brett Veach.
SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.
Old 02-28-2024, 09:14 AM   #1480
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by kozzman555 View Post
You mean the guy that dropped two passes that broke DET's offense and was part of the reason they lost to the niners?
The best part about the Reynolds drops is that you could actually see him poop himself just before the 2nd one.

After that first drop, his body language was just 'defeated'. He looked like me out there after a boot a grounder. "Please just don't hit the next one to me..."

He was terrified. And when that ball came his way there was just never a question he was going to drop it.

Nah - maybe someone else can get past that with him but that's a guy who's mental makeup tells me that when we need him to bring in a key 3rd down in January one of these days, he might just puke on his shoes at the mere thought of it.

Contrast that with, say, MVS - who's been irrationally confident his entire time here. I'll take the latter.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-28-2024, 10:15 AM   #1481
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Meck View Post

Man.

His senior bowl practices were insane too, I'll include a couple highlights. I think I'd be okay with going BPA at #32 and then Ricky at #64.

Just a different level of route running and ball skills.
Shoes would the whole thing.Shoes would the whole thing.Shoes would the whole thing.Shoes would the whole thing.Shoes would the whole thing.Shoes would the whole thing.Shoes would the whole thing.Shoes would the whole thing.Shoes would the whole thing.Shoes would the whole thing.Shoes would the whole thing.
Old 02-28-2024, 11:16 AM   #1482
Generational Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by kccrow View Post
I can see the Jamo comp.

Guess that's why I am not in on him. I don't want a vertical #2 decoy with a 1st round pick.

I can get that cheap in FA.
MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 02-28-2024, 11:43 AM   #1483
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic View Post
I can see the Jamo comp.

Guess that's why I am not in on him. I don't want a vertical #2 decoy with a 1st round pick.

I can get that cheap in FA.
Exactly why is Franklin a vertical #2 "decoy", while Thomas Jr. is just a good vertical #2?
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-28-2024, 11:44 AM   #1484
In Search of a Life

staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-28-2024, 11:55 AM   #1485
Generational Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by staylor26 View Post
Exactly why is Franklin a vertical #2 "decoy", while Thomas Jr. is just a good vertical #2?
I think Thomas Jr scarier deep threat, will separate more.

Acceleration/Throttle >>>> Franklin

Franklin very fast once he hits top speed but he doesn't have the suddenness of Thomas Jr.
MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.