Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 02-14-2024, 01:53 PM  
Live free or die hard

Shooting at the parade

Friendly mod reminder, this thread is about yesterday's shooting. Not about gun control, gun laws, politics, or anything of that nature. If you need everyone to know what's wrong in this world and how you'd fix it, grab your megaphone and soapbox and take it to DC, thanks.

Last edited by DaFace; 02-16-2024 at 02:59 PM..
Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-16-2024, 03:06 PM   #1366
Most Valuable Villain

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFace View Post
It's tough, though. I think it's safe to conclude that fewer people died that day as a result of Hurley's actions. It's just sad that he himself ended up being one who did.
No doubt. I was just trying to simply bring up that pulling a gun in the situation at the parade might have ended up badly....for multiple people.
The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2024, 03:16 PM   #1367
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Not sure what happened to the original post or link, but I'm pretty sure this is what the link was supposed to be:

https://www.newsnationnow.com/us-new...ed-by-officer/

TL;DR - A gunman in Arvada, CO in 2021 was on a mission to kill cops. He took out one officer and was waiting on more to show up, but a civilian snuck up on him and took him out. The cops showed up, saw a man with a gun, and killed the hero thinking he was the gunman they were looking for. It's a super sad story.

Here's a more recent article about the aftermath and settlement.
I saw an interview with a guy who was open-carrying at the protests in Dallas in 2016 where an ex-military guy killed 5 cops. The open-carry guy and his buddies wisely dropped their guns and ran because they didn't want to get shot by the cops.
suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-16-2024, 03:16 PM   #1368
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Franchise View Post
No doubt. I was just trying to simply bring up that pulling a gun in the situation at the parade might have ended up badly....for multiple people.
At that parade, a concert, anywhere that it is packed. The odds of it going badly for the person who intervenes goes up. There is so many ways for it to go bad for that person and so few ways for it to work out.

I know this might come across as shitty, but it might have been best, in this case, that nobody pulled their carry. In this case, in my opinion, it worked out the best way possible.
Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-16-2024, 03:27 PM   #1369
MY LITTLE #15

Quote:
I posted it as a separate thread earlier, but no harm in putting it in the OP here as well.
I did too. No wonder no one has responded...lol. I thought it was just because it's me.
luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-16-2024, 03:27 PM   #1370
Champion Golfer Of The Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perineum Ripper View Post
At that parade, a concert, anywhere that it is packed. The odds of it going badly for the person who intervenes goes up. There is so many ways for it to go bad for that person and so few ways for it to work out.

I know this might come across as shitty, but it might have been best, in this case, that nobody pulled their carry. In this case, in my opinion, it worked out the best way possible.
Totally agree. If this perp thought he was being drawn on by CCW, he may have sprayed a hundred people.

The cops and fire that responded were on that shit as quick as possible. About all you can ask from a public safety perspective.
WilliamTheIrish has disabled reputation
Old 02-16-2024, 03:28 PM   #1371
**** the Raiders

Quote:
I thought about that part after I posted, I wasn’t trying to be political. If that part needs to be deleted, I get it. I can definitely see how that part can push it too much
I don’t see anything political about it. You were weighing the pros and cons of the different decisions, and the court of public opinion is certainly something that is a part of the aftermath.
Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-16-2024, 05:01 PM   #1372
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Not sure what happened to the original post or link, but I'm pretty sure this is what the link was supposed to be:

https://www.newsnationnow.com/us-new...ed-by-officer/

TL;DR - A gunman in Arvada, CO in 2021 was on a mission to kill cops. He took out one officer and was waiting on more to show up, but a civilian snuck up on him and took him out. The cops showed up, saw a man with a gun, and killed the hero thinking he was the gunman they were looking for. It's a super sad story.

Here's a more recent article about the aftermath and settlement.
I believe the arriving cop shot from a distant with no warning. Super sad as the good samaratan probably saved that cop their life.
IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-16-2024, 06:04 PM   #1373
Champion Golfer Of The Year

Kelce matched Taylor’s 100k.

Good on ya, Trav.
WilliamTheIrish has disabled reputation
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2024, 06:15 PM   #1374
MER

Oh they are the best.
Katipan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Katipan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Katipan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Katipan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Katipan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Katipan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Katipan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Katipan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Katipan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Katipan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Katipan is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-16-2024, 06:16 PM   #1375
In Search of a Life

Quote:

Of course it was best, it wasn't an active shooter trying to mow down hundreds of people, where a concealed carry individual might have been able to intervene and save lives. This act took approximately 3 seconds and then they ran.
IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-16-2024, 06:16 PM   #1376
El Gato Gordo Loco

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish View Post
Kelce matched Taylor’s 100k.

Good on ya, Trav.
100k to Taylor is like 9M for Travis. Nice job Kelce.
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-16-2024, 06:19 PM   #1377
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWillie View Post
100k to Taylor is like 9M for Travis. Nice job Kelce.
He's probably trying to get out of the dog house after she watched his country music performance.
ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 02-16-2024, 06:21 PM   #1378
MER

No way he let's his woman look like she's carrying the 2 of them.
I hope they have lots and lots of sons.

I know you hate that talk DaFace but it's important.
Katipan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Katipan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Katipan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Katipan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Katipan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Katipan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Katipan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Katipan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Katipan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Katipan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Katipan is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-16-2024, 06:48 PM   #1379
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyEvel View Post
On semi-automatic guns it extends off the back of the firing chamber and the bolt retracts into it, then a spring force it back forward to load another round. it can be fine-tuned to reduce recoil and smoothen out the action for specific types of ammo. It's usually hidden in the stock, or in some auto pistol type applications it sticks out the back of the gun can look like a boom microphone.

They can come in anodize flashy designs like this kids red one. But if it was sticking out of the backpack it would be easily recognizable by someone familiar with guns and gun parts.

https://www.quora.com/What-is-the-pu...harging-handle
An AR rifle has a stock and a barrel length of 16" or more. An AR pistol will not have a stock (leaving the buffer tube exposed), and have a barrel length of less than 16" (I think a typical lengths are either 8.5" or 11.5"; not exactly sure because I do not, and will never, own one). You can put a stock on an AR pistol, but doing so immediately changes it's designation to a short-barreled rifle, and depending on the state, may immediately make it illegal. I'm not sure what Missouri laws are. Of course, the minute it was altered to fire full auto, it immediately became illegal regardless of the setup. I'll go out on a limb here and assume that this punk didn't have a Class III license.
Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 4 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2024, 08:21 PM   #1380
THE RED MENACE

Do we have a single picture of those that were charged?
BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.