Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 03-07-2024, 07:31 PM  
Andy Reid Supporter

Drue Tranquill expected to reach agreement with Chiefs [3yrs/$19 million]

**** yeah!

RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-08-2024, 11:07 AM   #121
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief View Post
Someone would have paid him. Glad it's us.
Yeah, zero chance Tranquill only gets $1.5 to $3 mil if he hit the market after the season he just had. $6.5 million average is a bargain for what he brings to this team. Well worth it.
Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 03-08-2024, 11:54 AM   #122
Veteran

Quote:
Someone would have paid him. Glad it's us.
We'll never know. And that's fine by me. My only point is that I don't think it was as big of a team friendly deal as twisted seems to think it is.
tyecopeland 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellityecopeland 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellityecopeland 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellityecopeland 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellityecopeland 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellityecopeland 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellityecopeland 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellityecopeland 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellityecopeland 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellityecopeland 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellityecopeland 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2024, 12:05 PM   #123
WhatUneed2Hear

Love this dude, was extremely happy last year we stole him from the June Superbowl Champs.
Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-08-2024, 12:05 PM   #124
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyecopeland View Post
We'll never know. And that's fine by me. My only point is that I don't think it was as big of a team friendly deal as twisted seems to think it is.
He would have gotten paid more elsewhere. It most likely also let's us walk from Gay.
IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-08-2024, 12:11 PM   #125
Kind of a mod

Quote:
I think this is one of those weird ones where it's a good deal in terms of his contributions to the team relative to our other contracts but just a fair deal in terms of market value. He probably would have been able to get more elsewhere, but I don't think it would have been DRAMATICALLY more.
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2024, 12:14 PM   #126
In Search of a Life

Quote:
He would have gotten paid more elsewhere. It most likely also let's us walk from Gay.
This along with Chanel becoming a great player made Gay expendable.
RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 03-08-2024, 12:14 PM   #127
Needs more middle fingers

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFace View Post
I think this is one of those weird ones where it's a good deal in terms of his contributions to the team relative to our other contracts but just a fair deal in terms of market value. He probably would have been able to get more elsewhere, but I don't think it would have been DRAMATICALLY more.
This.

Again, i ask....what did he do last year that he didn't already demonstrate as a Charger in a full time role? Seriously.

No, i don't believe for a second that his market shot up as a part time player for us and that he took some home town discount.
ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-08-2024, 12:16 PM   #128
In Search of a Life

We resign CJ and Ominehu makes a full recovery and we’ll still be a top 10 defense even without Sneed. Give Patrick some competent outside help and we’ll be just fine.
RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 03-08-2024, 12:17 PM   #129
DeadPunisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties View Post
Tranquill played 57% of the defensive snaps last season and had 80 tackles, 5 sacks, 2 FF, 7 TFL and 7 QB hits.

We MASSIVELY underpaid for him. Feels like he could have easily gotten $12 million a year in FA for some team desperate for a linebacker.
If he doesn't tackle Lamar on that batted ball reception, Lamar may have scored a TD.

Its a play that doesn't get discussed as being critical, but it was probably one of the most important plays of the season.
ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Thumbs Up 6 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2024, 12:37 PM   #130
Live free or die hard

Loving this one. Great job Burnt Peach.
Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-08-2024, 12:55 PM   #131
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup View Post
Definitely a solid piece for the defense. It likely means the end of Willie Gay. It also is a bridge if we have trouble resigning Bolton next offseason.
I'm not convinced that people are lining up to pay Gay.
Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-08-2024, 01:08 PM   #132
Veteran

Drue had a higher 2023 pff than Bolton lol.

Bolton sheds stacks and hits harder than Drue but other than that he’s solid
xztop123 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutxztop123 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutxztop123 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutxztop123 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutxztop123 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutxztop123 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutxztop123 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutxztop123 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutxztop123 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutxztop123 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutxztop123 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking about
Old 03-08-2024, 02:53 PM   #133
Veteran

I am at peace with this signing.
Peter Gibbons is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Peter Gibbons is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Peter Gibbons is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Peter Gibbons is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Peter Gibbons is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Peter Gibbons is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Peter Gibbons is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Peter Gibbons is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Peter Gibbons is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Peter Gibbons is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Peter Gibbons is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 03-08-2024, 03:05 PM   #134
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

That's a little higher AAV than I expected (I was thinking around $5 million/yr).

Good to have him back, but the difference between the $5 million and $6.5 million/season will start to add up after awhile.

And I do have some concerns with his durability over a full season. He's not a big guy and if he's someone you're going to try to get 75+% of the season's snaps out of, I question if he can hold up.

I also think the "Wow, we stole him stuff" is a bit odd. I mean he came off a MONSTER season in LA the year before. It was a career year for him and he was damn good. And the market just wasn't there for him so he came here on a fairly small 1 year deal. Maybe he took a little less to play here, but I doubt he was turning down $7 million last season to play here for $3.5.

His market just isn't terribly robust and never really has been. I don't think this is that much less than he'd have gotten on the open market. It's just a piece we managed to lock in place prior to the start of the FA period and that has some value in its own right.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-08-2024, 03:14 PM   #135
Why so serious?

Quote:
FWIW Barnwell had drue tranquill in the tier of linebackers of "backups likely to earn guaranteed money" and projected salary in the 1.5-3 mil per season. Even if he was in the next tier up Barnwell had those "borderline starters/high end backups" in the 3-5 million per season range.
You neglected to mention that Barnwell also has Willie Gay in a Tier of “capable starters” likely to earn 7-10mm per.

I think it’s a much smarter move to bring back Tranquil rather than Gay even if it were the same money.
TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.