Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 01-02-2024, 03:34 PM  
MVP

Toyota to start selling direct to customers

Good news for consumers. Tesla changed the game by refusing to have a dealer network.

The dealership network is antiquated and has pissed off OEMs by screwing customers with dealer mark-ups of $10k+ on certain vehicles.

This is going to be a slow process, but a move in the right direction.

Test drives and maintenance will be done like Tesla's model.

I say it's about damn time to get rid of the leaches.

What say you?
Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.
Old 01-04-2024, 08:32 AM   #121
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indian Chief View Post
Wow. Yeah, in your case I get it.

I always find regional differences fascinating. I lived in a condo with a HOA for a few years, and the $300/mo fees plus $6k/yr in property taxes on top of the overboard rules left me with a desire to never deal with one ever again.
What do they spend 300/month on? What service are they providing for that amount of money?

I get pissed at the county and property taxes, look at the breakdown and kind of get it at the end, but an HOA getting paid 3600/ year?
notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-04-2024, 08:40 AM   #122
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by notorious View Post
What do they spend 300/month on? What service are they providing for that amount of money?

I get pissed at the county and property taxes, look at the breakdown and kind of get it at the end, but an HOA getting paid 3600/ year?
Snow removal, landscaping, pool maintenance were probably the big ones. They definitely were not providing 300/mo worth of services which is why I ultimately moved. But that's actually mid tier for this area. I don't think you'd find one for less than 200/mo.
Indian Chief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Indian Chief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Indian Chief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Indian Chief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Indian Chief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Indian Chief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Indian Chief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Indian Chief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Indian Chief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Indian Chief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Indian Chief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2024, 08:45 AM   #123
Cheat Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indian Chief View Post
Wow. Yeah, in your case I get it.

I always find regional differences fascinating. I lived in a condo with a HOA for a few years, and the $300/mo fees plus $6k/yr in property taxes on top of the overboard rules left me with a desire to never deal with one ever again.
$300 seems like a lot for a single family neighborhood unless there's incredible amenities

I had a $300 HOA fee on my condo in Chicago. It was used for stuff like snow removal but primarily as a pool for maintenance on the building or major capital projects like a new roof or tuckpointing

Mine is a little over $100 now and there's a half dozen parks, heated pools, stocked fishing pond, and a disc golf course

Don't get me wrong my HOA is a bunch of tryhard busy bodies but at least they provide something
KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-04-2024, 08:50 AM   #124
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Dole View Post
I went to Louisiana to buy my last vehicle after trying to deal with the local choads. Wandered around the lot unmolested, found what I wanted, wrote the stock number and what I was willing to pay on the back of my business card and handed it to the receptionist. Took the lady to Victoria’s Secret and got a call about 30 minutes later. Done.
Was it a Mazda?
HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2024, 09:53 AM   #125
C Chiefs once a year!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi View Post
About 6 of my of my live in girlfriends friends have become real estate agents over the last 4 years. A couple of them I would use for transactions.

The other 4 or so, I wouldn't want to deal with at all. They were the ones that got into the business when the market was hot and all they had to do was show up. Now that market is gone, they are really struggling.
Quote:
Originally Posted by loochy View Post
About 6 of my wife's friends have become real estate agents over the last 4 years. A couple of them I would use for transactions.

The other 4 or so, I wouldn't want to deal with at all. They were the ones that got into the business when the market was hot and all they had to do was show up. Now that market is gone, they are really struggling.

About 6 of my wife's friends have become real estate agents over the last 4 years. A couple of them I would use for transactions.

Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 01-04-2024, 10:51 AM   #126
THIS .... IS... ARROWHEAD!!!!

The implications are that alot of manufacturing jobs will be lost because of this
BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-04-2024, 11:31 AM   #127
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedingRed View Post
The implications are that alot of manufacturing jobs will be lost because of this
How so?
AdolfOliverBush has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AdolfOliverBush has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AdolfOliverBush has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AdolfOliverBush has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AdolfOliverBush has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AdolfOliverBush has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AdolfOliverBush has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AdolfOliverBush has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AdolfOliverBush has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AdolfOliverBush has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AdolfOliverBush has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 01-04-2024, 01:28 PM   #128
World's finest morphius

Quote:
That seems an odd jump, unless Toyota is setting out to sell less cars.
morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-04-2024, 02:24 PM   #129
Has a particular set of skills

Quote:
Not this move. But, A.I. will kill millions of jobs. Maybe that’s what you’re thinking of?
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-04-2024, 02:32 PM   #130
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefshrink View Post
California is faaaaaaaar worse!!!
you have literally no idea what you're talking about
saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-04-2024, 02:37 PM   #131
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by notorious View Post
I should become a real estate agent.

Every house I've ever looked at I knew infinitely more about it within 10 minutes than the person making commission.

Being in construction has is perks.
**** yeah I'd way rather have a contractor or architect than a failed actor wearing slacks and a tie
saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-04-2024, 11:23 PM   #132
Has a particular set of skills

Reverberating all the way down here in Tampa.

TAMPA, Fla. — A recent antitrust court case in Missouri, along with similar lawsuits, may bring about changes to the standard 6% commission paid to real estate brokers, along with who is responsible for paying that fee.

Callen Jones of Jones Home Team Inclusive Real Estate is a Florida real estate agent who says they are already seeing the impact of that verdict locally.

What You Need To Know

A recent antitrust court case in Missouri, along with similar lawsuits, may bring about changes in the standard 6% commission paid to real estate brokers and who is responsible for paying that fee

In October 2023, a jury in Kansas City, Missouri, ruled that real estate commission rates had been artificially inflated; the ruling was a result of a claim that the National Association of Realtors, HomeServices of America, and Keller Williams Realty had conspired to maintain the inflated rates

As of October, the compensation offered to a buyer agent in the MLS will no longer have a minimum value of $1.00; instead, it is now $0

Historically, the seller pays the commission fee, which is then divided between their broker and the buyer’s broker

Throughout their career, Jones has printed out thousands of pages of documents.

“So this is the listing agreement,” Jones said.

The Florida real estate contract lays out the terms and conditions between a buyer and seller for the transfer of property.

“So it talks about the address and types of loans they will accept,” they said.

The contract specifies details about the commission. Real estate agents usually charge 5-6% of the sale price, and the seller pays the entire commission.

“Part of that percentage is going to the agent who would be bringing the buyer,” Jones said.

Jones says the landmark lawsuit could lead to changes in who pays commission rates and how much.

The verdict was in favor of more than 500,000 home sellers who disagreed or were unaware that part of the commission they paid was going to the buyer’s broker.

In October 2023, a jury in Kansas City, Missouri, ruled that real estate commission rates had been artificially inflated. The ruling was a result of a claim that the National Association of Realtors, HomeServices of America, and Keller Williams Realty had conspired to maintain the inflated rates. The judgment amounted to $1.8 billion.

“It’s huge!,” Jones said of the case. “Because we have this lawsuit. We have additional copycat lawsuits. Essentially, we don’t know what is going to happen.”

As of October, the compensation offered to a buyer agent in the MLS (multiple listing service) will no longer have a minimum value of $1.00. Instead, it is now $0.

“The perception has changed,” Jones said. “Sellers feel like they have more chances to choose. On the flip side, if you are a buyer’s agent, you now can’t guarantee that the seller is going to pay your commission.”

The rest here:
https://www.baynews9.com/fl/tampa/ne...e-commissions-
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-04-2024, 11:48 PM   #133
Broncos Suck

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRaider56 View Post
Will be interesting to see what happens in states like Texas, which require you to go through a dealership to buy a car, IF buying in state.
One of those laws dealerships obviously lobbied for so they could muscle in as middle man. Law needs to be abolished, not that I have any faith in any legislature anywhere to do the right thing.
Enid Borden is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutEnid Borden is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutEnid Borden is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutEnid Borden is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutEnid Borden is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutEnid Borden is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutEnid Borden is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutEnid Borden is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutEnid Borden is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutEnid Borden is the dumbass Milkman is always talking about
Old 01-05-2024, 12:14 AM   #134
Beyond the Rapids

Quote:
Why would Toyota be selling fewer cars when they start offering people the buying experience that everyone wants and remove layers and layers of middle-man expense from the equation?
Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-05-2024, 07:04 AM   #135
Constable of Untruths

Quote:
Please explain. I manage a large manufacturing facility and manufacturers don’t really worry how the products they manufacture get sold. They only care that they get sold at a rate that continues to climb year over year. Most manufacturers would support a change to direct sales as dealerships are mostly a pain in the ass to work with and they definitely artificially inflate warranty cost to line their own pockets.
LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.