Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 06-17-2024, 12:38 PM  
Mahomes > God

Most overrated players in the NFL

So I came across this tweet and while I know PFF is garbage...it got me thinking about this topic and about George Kittle. What in the **** do people see that makes them hold him in such high regard???

He's played 7 season...broke 1k 3 times with 2 of those seasons barely being over 1,000...one season over 10 TDs, 4 of those seasons with 5 or less TDs and 2 were 6 TD seasons.

Not to mention he's been a complete non factor in both Super Bowls he's been in.

He's not even in the same galaxy as Kelce...I really wish someone would tell me what I'm missing here. He has a bombastic personality and is a goofball and talks a lot? Wow ok.

Who would you all say is massively overrated in the league by fans, media, etc.?
Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 06-20-2024, 09:14 PM   #121
Special Teams ACE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by A8bil View Post
Brock Purdy. Fred Warner. Purdy looked shaky in the playoffs, despite the wins. Warner seems to be dragged downfield 4-5 yards every play.

Kittle not over-rated. He and Kelce are the top of the league in terms of skills and talents. Put Kittle on a more prolific passing team with less weapons and he would light up the league. When he's been the focus of the 49ers offense, he put up big stats.
If you're going to claim Kittle is the best TE, then yes, he's ****ing overrated.
RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-21-2024, 06:31 AM   #122
Consuming CP souls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megatron96 View Post
Meh, I don't see it. I mean, did anyone ever think that Mixon was going to be one of the best RBs in the game? I'm a diehard OU fan I never felt that way about him. I always thought he could be a good starting RB, and he's been that. Not great or elite, but solid.
Bengals fans licked his taint like he was Marshall Faulk
Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-21-2024, 07:27 AM   #123
Out Gunning CP's Fandom Police

Quote:
Brock Purdy. Fred Warner. Purdy looked shaky in the playoffs, despite the wins. Warner seems to be dragged downfield 4-5 yards every play.

Kittle not over-rated. He and Kelce are the top of the league in terms of skills and talents. Put Kittle on a more prolific passing team with less weapons and he would light up the league. When he's been the focus of the 49ers offense, he put up big stats.
No he wouldn't. He'd get hurt.
TEX has disabled reputation
Old 06-21-2024, 07:51 AM   #124
Mahomosapien

If this question was Last year i would have said jalen hurts. I feel like he is rated more accurately now after their struggles this past season and postseason.

This year i am going again with the QB we beat in the super bowl.

Brock purdy benefits from one of the best defenses in the league, and possibly the best set of offensive weapons we have seen together on one team in over a decade. I hate to shit on the guy, because I appreciate his story and being the last pick in the draft and all that, but him being mentioned in the top 5 QB tier is kind of a slap in the face to the other greats in the league that are doing it with less.

Runner up is joe burrow. Same general sentiment except i dont feel bad about shitting on him.
bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2024, 07:58 AM   #125
Mahomes > God

Quote:
The only reason he even puts up halfway decent numbers is because he plays next to Deebo, Aiyuk, and CMC...the 9ers throw the ball plenty enough.

Put him on a team where he's the focal point like Kelce and he isn't putting up jack shit...

Look at his stats...they aren't there, I rattled them off in the OP. His skills and talents are blocking and running into empty space created by Deebo and Aiyuk.
Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 06-21-2024, 09:22 AM   #126
World's finest morphius

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC_Connection View Post
Lamar Jackson is easily the most overrated player in the league considering what he turns into in the playoffs.

Burrow follows shortly after considering where some tried to place him on the QB list a year or two ago.
Lamar is the modern QB equivalent of Marty Schottenheimer. Great during the regular season, but confused and lost in the playoffs.

I don't mind the Kittle love, guy is pretty good. I wouldn't trade Kelce for him, but I wouldn't expect SF fans to want to trade the other way. He did have more TD's and more yards than Kelce last year as well. But so far, Kelce still has a second gear he can switch into in the playoffs that Kittle just hasn't shown.
morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-21-2024, 09:26 AM   #127
Forever Royal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brioni View Post
Josh Allen

Allen is easily the second best QB right now. If the argument is he is 1b to Mahomes 1a then he’s overrated but I think that was more an argument going into last season. After this past season I don’t think people view him so close to Mahomes anymore.
mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 06-21-2024, 09:31 AM   #128
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic View Post
Maybe a few years ago.

I think last few years OBJ underrated. Not that's he is great but he did help the Rams win a SB recently and isn't totally washed up yet.

Just think the perception is so low that he's actually the opposite now.
Case in point, he helped the Rams as a role player who made a couple plays but that offense went through Kupp who was absurd that year. I don't think anyone here overvalues him, but he gets way more national attention for a guy who has been a #2 at best ever since his 3rd year with the Giants. Even his one decent year with the browns Jarvis Landry out played him.
CapsLockKey must have mowed badgirl's lawn.CapsLockKey must have mowed badgirl's lawn.CapsLockKey must have mowed badgirl's lawn.CapsLockKey must have mowed badgirl's lawn.CapsLockKey must have mowed badgirl's lawn.CapsLockKey must have mowed badgirl's lawn.CapsLockKey must have mowed badgirl's lawn.CapsLockKey must have mowed badgirl's lawn.CapsLockKey must have mowed badgirl's lawn.CapsLockKey must have mowed badgirl's lawn.CapsLockKey must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 06-21-2024, 09:32 AM   #129
Special Teams ACE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. tegu View Post
Allen is easily the second best QB right now. If the argument is he is 1b to Mahomes 1a then he’s overrated but I think that was more an argument going into last season. After this past season I don’t think people view him so close to Mahomes anymore.
Half of the football-watching nation says shit like, "Mahomes gets all the calls! No holding penalties in the Super Bowl??? They needed to call holding every play!!!" and I imagine a huge chunk of that mindset believes Josh Allen is actually the best QB but he's getting royally screwed by refs and/or his own GM/HC.

That shit's sadly not going to end unless Mahomes ties or breaks Brady's 7 rings.
RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-21-2024, 10:43 AM   #130
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunKC View Post
Idk how anyone can support any answer here besides Lamar Jackson. He’s the most overrated player by a long shot to me.

He’s not a top 5 QB and was only ever worthy of being one in 2019.

It’s annoying seeing this guy get called the best QB in the league by some analysts when he’s only thrown 30 or more TD’s once, has never thrown for 4K yards and falls apart every time in the playoffs.
^^This^^

You could say guys like Dak, Burrow, Herbert, Hurts are overrated too but not at the level of Lamar. I dont hear anyone claiming any of those guys are the best in the game but you hear that with Lamar after he has a good game. Not many would agree with me on this but Matt Stafford is a better QB than Lamar.
NWTF 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliNWTF 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliNWTF 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliNWTF 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliNWTF 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliNWTF 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliNWTF 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliNWTF 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliNWTF 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliNWTF 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliNWTF 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2024, 10:45 AM   #131
Live free or die hard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheater5 View Post
Lamarr Jackson is the most over rated player in the NFL.

This
Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-21-2024, 10:46 AM   #132
Mahomes > God

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWTF View Post
^^This^^

You could say guys like Dak, Burrow, Herbert, Hurts are overrated too but not at the level of Lamar. I dont hear anyone claiming any of those guys are the best in the game but you hear that with Lamar after he has a good game. Not many would agree with me on this but Matt Stafford is a better QB than Lamar.
Herbert is pretty damn overrated...guy gets talked about perennially as one of the best QBs in the league and he's done jack shit.

Made the playoffs once and blew a 27-0 lead. Always folds when the game is on the line or under pressure, can't lead his team for shit.

Gets pass after pass because of Staley...I'm not here for it.
Old 06-21-2024, 10:56 AM   #133
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by staylor26 View Post
What had a bigger impact on the SB, Kelce's receiving or Kittle's blocking?
Kittle's lack of awareness played a pretty big role. No way Kelce is out there "Hi Georging" people while there's a live ball in play.
crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2024, 01:59 PM   #134
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecca View Post
It's because somewhere a long the line we got a section of people who think a TE that can block and be a good receiver has more value than an elite receiving TE that isn't asked to block all that much.

It's usually older people who are married to what the TE was in 1984 and don't understand evolution of the game.

Kittle is good, but Kelce can make a receiving corps. His ability to read defenses and find open space is just phenomenal. He'll probably be unusually effective late into his career like Tony G bc of this skill.
JohnnyV13 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.JohnnyV13 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.JohnnyV13 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.JohnnyV13 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.JohnnyV13 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.JohnnyV13 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.JohnnyV13 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.JohnnyV13 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.JohnnyV13 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.JohnnyV13 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.JohnnyV13 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 06-21-2024, 02:08 PM   #135
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerm View Post
Herbert is pretty damn overrated...guy gets talked about perennially as one of the best QBs in the league and he's done jack shit.

Made the playoffs once and blew a 27-0 lead. Always folds when the game is on the line or under pressure, can't lead his team for shit.

Gets pass after pass because of Staley...I'm not here for it.
Everyone blames the Chargers for his lack of success instead of placing any on him. They act like he's the next Matt Stafford, all he needs to do is be on the 49ers or the Ravens and he'd instantly win a SB. Its ridiculous.
Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.