Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old Yesterday, 07:39 AM  
Tossed Salad & Scrambled Eggs

Rumor: Creed & Butker getting new deals

Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 12:09 PM   #121
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by tredadda View Post
He set a SB record for the longest FG just a few months ago. It wasn’t one of those that just doinked in off a crossbar. It was very straight. I have yet to see him miss a “must make” FG in the playoffs.
He did miss one in the 13 seconds game against Buffalo, which is partially why they were down 3 points at the end. But he made up for it by drilling the kick at the very end to push the game into overtime.
DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old Today, 01:58 PM   #122
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief View Post
That’s really how it should be. Hell, if Butker had come out as a leftist activist, I’d still want to resign him. Couldn’t care less what these dudes do politically. Same with Kelce, he wants to be a poster boy for Pfizer, that’s his deal. I just like to watch him play football.
Yup. Do you play great football? Do teammates and coaches like you? Can you keep your shit together so you don’t miss games or distract your team?

If you pass those tests who gives a shit what their personal opinions are whether we agree with them or not.
chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:29 PM   #123
Three-Pat

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRM08 View Post
He did miss one in the 13 seconds game against Buffalo, which is partially why they were down 3 points at the end. But he made up for it by drilling the kick at the very end to push the game into overtime.
He might have missed other FGs as well in the playoffs. He just hasn’t missed a “must make” one.
tredadda has disabled reputation
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:43 PM   #124
On Hiatus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief View Post
That’s really how it should be. Hell, if Butker had come out as a leftist activist, I’d still want to resign him. Couldn’t care less what these dudes do politically. Same with Kelce, he wants to be a poster boy for Pfizer, that’s his deal. I just like to watch him play football.
Can they perform on the field?.....can their teammates depend on them to do their part? Will they stay out of trouble off the field so that there are no suspensions? Can they stay in shape so as not to get hurt because they are out of shape?

In the list of questions I have for someone on the Chiefs asking their political and religious beliefs is question number 4,232 just below "what is your favorite spice to use for cooking" and just above "what is your favorite color".
Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:53 PM   #125
MVP

Is giving a Center a big money deal a smart move from an over-all team perspective? Do you need an All-Pro Center in this offense?

I did a quick search...2 of the top 10 were 1st rounders and 2 were second rounders....Kelce was a 6th rounder and Linsley was a 5th...they are rated #2/3 overall...and Andrews was undrafted (6th rated)

Given where the Chiefs are likely to pick every year...seems like a sweet spot to replenish the position. KC let Hudson walk...then Morse.

Creed is awesome and home-grown but if they pay him, they are likely going to lose another position...which might be harder to replace.

When I think of big money contracts...I think "can the team be similarly successful without them" if the answer is yes...I'd let them walk....like they did with Sneed.

Last edited by BlackOp; Today at 02:59 PM..
BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 02:57 PM   #126
Back-to-Back-to-Back.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackOp View Post
Is giving a Center a big money deal a smart move from an over-all team perspective? Do you need an All-Pro Center in this offense?

I did a quick search...2 of the top 10 were 1st rounders and 2 were second rounders....Kelce was a 6th rounder and Linsley was a 5th...they are rated #2/3 overall...and Andrews was undrafted (6th rated)

Given where the Chiefs are likely to pick every year...seems like a sweet spot for the position.

Creed is awesome and home-grown but if they pay him, they are likely going to lose another position...which might be harder to replace.
You do not.

BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 03:04 PM   #127
In Search of a Life

They didn't let Sneed walk. They tagged and traded him.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 03:06 PM   #128
MVP

Good moves. You keep a center of his caliber.
Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old Today, 03:06 PM   #129
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackOp View Post

Given where the Chiefs are likely to pick every year...seems like a sweet spot to replenish the position. KC let Hudson walk...then Morse.

When I think of big money contracts...I think "can the team be similarly successful without them" if the answer is yes...I'd let them walk....like they did with Sneed.
At some point you have to pay a few of your guys who stand out.

It's just team politics. If these guys go out there and just ball out game it, game out and you still walk away from them, it sends a kinda poor message to the rest of the young players on the squad.

It makes everything very transactional. "I'm here playing for my next contract with someone else..." isn't gonna get you the same level of buy in.

Now you don't have to go all Cowboys with it and sign EVERYONE to new deals. But you do need to give a few guys market deals. You want to show the rest of the squad that the hard work will pay off for them.

They'll do it with McDuffie. Probably Karlaftis. Probably Creed and almost certainly Butker.

You're essentially picking one dude from each 'room' and paying him. One staking horse to sit in those meetings with the rest of the OL or DBs or DLs and say "Keep it up man - you see how it went for me..." I think that matters.

If you let Creed AND Smith walk, that's a pretty bad look. And if Creed costs $7 million/season less than Smith...well doesn't it make more sense to keep Creed?
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 03:07 PM   #130
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
Eh - they got roughly the return of a comp pick.

They effectively took the 'comp pick calculator' out of the equation by making the move with TN. They didn't exactly let him walk but it was pretty damn close.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 03:08 PM   #131
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
They didn't resign him...which was my point.
BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 03:11 PM   #132
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
At some point you have to pay a few of your guys who stand out.

They'll do it with McDuffie. Probably Karlaftis. Probably Creed and almost certainly Butker.
They have a lot of talented players that will need a new deal soon...so you have to evaluate who would be harder to replace...and what resources you would need to replace them.

My post wasn't a knock on Creed at all...it was more about the position he plays and how vital it is to overall team success.

This is strictly from a cap management perspective...