Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-05-2022, 02:03 PM  
In Search of a Life

Trade up options

Credit to Pest in the lounge.

Would you give up next years 1 and 29 to get up high enough to take Johnson?
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-14-2022, 02:30 PM   #121
SuperBowl or bust

Quote:
Originally Posted by staylor26 View Post
I like Wyatt at 29/30, but no way am I trading up for a 24 year old 3 tech.
One that had a career high of 2.5 sacks
BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2022, 05:40 PM   #122
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
Credit to Pest in the lounge.

Would you give up next years 1 and 29 to get up high enough to take Johnson?
The one trade that makes some sense to me is 29,30 & 50 to the Texans for 13 and 37. Basically we pay the 50th pick to go up and get a wr and easily can draft a de at 37. It also isn’t out of the realm of possibilities that Johnson is sitting there at 13.

Here are the options:
13: London
37: Mafe

or
13: Johnson
37: Pickens

VS

29: Mafe
30: Doston (or pick whatever wideout you like)
50: Gordon
locomoulds is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutlocomoulds is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutlocomoulds is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutlocomoulds is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutlocomoulds is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutlocomoulds is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutlocomoulds is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutlocomoulds is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutlocomoulds is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutlocomoulds is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutlocomoulds is the dumbass Milkman is always talking about
Old 04-16-2022, 03:42 PM   #123
Rookie

If Veach trades up, I am only a fan if he does it for Jameson Williams and then trade down pick 30 to recoup lost picks.
Chiefsph31 is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
Old 04-16-2022, 04:06 PM   #124
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by BossChief View Post
One that had a career high of 2.5 sacks
Which is why it’s kind of crazy to me that this board loves Wyatt, but hates Mafe.

They’re very similar prospects. They’re both old prospects. They’re both very athletic for their respective positions. They both don’t have the production you’d like to see, but at least Mafe has 14.5 sacks over the last 3 years.

I just don’t get how you can love Wyatt at 29/30, and yet hate Mafe there.
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2022, 04:55 PM   #125
The Boom Boom Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by staylor26 View Post
Which is why it’s kind of crazy to me that this board loves Wyatt, but hates Mafe.

They’re very similar prospects. They’re both old prospects. They’re both very athletic for their respective positions. They both don’t have the production you’d like to see, but at least Mafe has 14.5 sacks over the last 3 years.

I just don’t get how you can love Wyatt at 29/30, and yet hate Mafe there.
Who hates Mafe?
Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-16-2022, 05:09 PM   #126
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare View Post
Who hates Mafe?
Let me rephrase that.

“Loves Wyatt in the 1st, but hates the idea of Mafe in the 1st”
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-16-2022, 05:10 PM   #127
SuperBowl or bust

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Franchise View Post
And for all the talk about how none of these DEs are a Bosa or Garrett….guess what? None of these WRs are a Chase either.
I wonder if there’s some truth to rumors we’re moving up and possibly as high as 10. For a deal to be struck early, it’s possible a discount is involved due to the perception the top 10 picks aren’t worth it.

The simulator will accept 29, 50 and next years first in exchange for 10, 38 and 146.

I don’t hate the results as much as I thought I would when I run mocks starting out that way.
BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-18-2022, 03:22 AM   #128
Starter

Its got to be for Williams. He has big play potential and will fit the offense perfect. Gives Mahomes a #1 WR on a rookie deal for 4+ years.
Dawson is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutDawson is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutDawson is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutDawson is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutDawson is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutDawson is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutDawson is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutDawson is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutDawson is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutDawson is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutDawson is the dumbass Milkman is always talking about
Old 04-18-2022, 08:39 AM   #129
In Search of a Life

I'm just not sure trading up in a big time way for anything other than a QB is worth it.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-18-2022, 08:41 AM   #130
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
I'm just not sure trading up in a big time way for anything other than a QB is worth it.
This.
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-18-2022, 08:43 AM   #131
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawson View Post
Its got to be for Williams. He has big play potential and will fit the offense perfect. Gives Mahomes a #1 WR on a rookie deal for 4+ years.
With the way the WR market is going, he'll want a new deal after 3 or he'll just hold out. Not saying that makes it a bad pick, it just somewhat negates the value of using a 1st round pick for that 5th year option.
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-18-2022, 08:53 AM   #132
In Search of a Life

Quote:
But if you’re going to for a non-QB, it has to be EDGE.
Old 04-18-2022, 08:58 AM   #133
Colorado Chief Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by htismaqe View Post
With the way the WR market is going, he'll want a new deal after 3 or he'll just hold out. Not saying that makes it a bad pick, it just somewhat negates the value of using a 1st round pick for that 5th year option.
Yes but you can extend him, still keeping those years cheap plus signing bonus.
chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 04-18-2022, 09:04 AM   #134
Most Valuable Villain

Interesting article from Peter King had me thinking. Here's the two quotes that put the idea in my head.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...m_int=Edge1248

Quote:
GM5: “If any team in the top six or eight wants to trade down, they won’t get what the trade chart says they should get. You don’t hear much trade talk till a day or two before the draft anyway—except for teams alerting you to keep them in mind if you’re thinking of moving your pick—but this isn’t the year to get rich on your high picks.”
Quote:
As the draft stands now, Carolina picks sixth overall, then not again till 137th, which is about 41 hours between picks. (The sixth pick should come around 8:45 p.m. ET on day one of the draft, and the 137th at somewhere near 1:45 p.m. ET day three, on Saturday.)

Most picks between 10 and 130: Baltimore 7, Kansas City 7.

Least picks between 10 and 130: Carolina 0.
If Carolina isn't sold on any of the QBs that are at that #6 spot, and teams aren't going to be getting what the trade value chart says that they should be getting.....would Carolina entertain a trade down to the back end of the first round where they can still get a QB? It would also give them another couple of picks before they get to pick again.

Moving up to 6 also allows us to be in at the top end of the DE market if someone like Walker or Thibodeaux fall.

It's probably just me being bored on a Monday morning.
The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2022, 09:04 AM   #135
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefforlife View Post
Yes but you can extend him, still keeping those years cheap plus signing bonus.
That's the thing. These guys aren't signing cheap extensions, they're threatening to hold out unless they get top dollar.

If extensions were that simple, Tyreek Hill would still be a Chief.