Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 12-19-2022, 12:06 PM  
"Think BOOM!"

Oppenheimer

I'm in.

Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-23-2023, 01:30 PM   #121
Be Kind To Your Pets

https://youtu.be/ndUF8jOoDu8
gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-23-2023, 01:48 PM   #122
Buddy Christ is a Chiefs fan

I really loved the movie. Thought it was great story telling.
BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 07-23-2023, 03:17 PM   #123
Greatest QB Duo of 2015

Finished watching it in 70 mm IMAX a little bit more than 2 hours ago.

I have a lot of thoughts that I’m still processing, but the fact the cast was this loaded with A-list actors was wild.
Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 07-23-2023, 04:31 PM   #124
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcpasco View Post
Still his best IMO
Agreed.
RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 07-23-2023, 04:54 PM   #125
El Gato Gordo Loco

Where do you even go to see the following? Dont think Ive seen that one
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-23-2023, 04:55 PM   #126
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWillie View Post
Where do you even go to see the following? Dont think Ive seen that one
You can watch it on Prime for a dollar.
RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 07-23-2023, 11:07 PM   #127
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties View Post
It was a great movie, but not the mind-blowing, life-altering experience people are saying it was.

I actually think they should have leaned HARDER into showing the devastation of nuclear war. Oppie walking out of that gym should have been a house of horrors.

One thing Nolan continues to do that annoys the **** out of me is his ****ing music is too loud. Now, this could have been an issue with the theater I was in (IMAX Dine-In 28 in Olathe), but I'm not 100%. I will watch it again at home and see how the levels are.

But he has a real issue in his movies where there is too much ****ing dialogue coming way too ****ing fast, and either he gets lazy in post or it's some weird "artist" decision to have about 1/4 of his dialogue be ****ing unintelligble. This is present in all of his movies for me. It basically ruined Tenet for me, and each Batman film needed two viewings to sort through it all.

For a three hour movie these two issues gave me some watcher's fatigue, which is an issue when you're trying to keep track of a lot of moving parts with characters across a long period of time. And adding the black and white was jarring, although I see what he was trying to do there by contrasting between time periods. I would have preferred a less jarring visual separator (a vignette perhaps).

I will certainly say the movie got me to think more than any of Nolan's other movies. We went home and watched an Oppie documentary. Very interesting to see how the A-Bomb was intertwined with the Red scare.

RDJ was absolutely incredible and stole the show from Cilian. The bit players were also amazing. Blunt was great. I wanted a lot more Truman, because Oldman was terrific, although I felt they were heavy-handed in villifying Truman - was he a dick? Yes. But a vital one.

Didn't really like Alden as, uh, whatever that character was, but maybe just because I'm so used to him as Han Solo. Quite enjoyed Casey Affleck as the communist bloodhound.

The documentary made me wish they had focused more on Oppie being an utter crackpot as a youth, partially because he was borderline abused at school. Also wanted a little more expansion of the bombs being dropped, they glossed over the second drop, too.

One thing I was fascinated to learn from the documentary (also not in the film, but mildly hinted at) was just how ignorant the general US public was about communism. No international TV or internet back then so they were able to keep all the, uh, MURDER largely out of the news. They had thousands of people in America duped into thinking communism was a utopian bliss of jobs and bread for everyone.

The score was excellent, but again too loud, but can't fully judge until I watch at home. It's up there with insterstellar for me and I'll download it just to listen to it again. The practical effects looked great, although the aged makeup at the end was slightly goofy, but I appreciate Nolan bucking the CGI trend.

Another thing that was much appreciated is the film never got preachy, and was free of woke bullshit. I'm eager to read some leftist fishwrap decrying the film's portrayal of communists

8/10 will watch again. Not Nolan's best film (that is still Interstellar), but his most important one. Thank god we didn't build an H-bomb first.
Read or Listen to the General and the Genius (not Genious). It's an excellent telling of the story and is really objective about a lot of the gray areas. I can't recommend the book enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by In58men View Post
I mean, Killers of the Flower Moon does look pretty damn good lol. Can’t go wrong with Leo. Like you said though Oppenheimer was good, but definitely not mind blowing. Just a ton of science talk really.
Killers of the Flower Moon is a ****ing fantastic book, but I don't know how it will transfer to the Silver Screen. There isn't much Hollywood story in there. There are really no good guys. Just oppression, oppressors, and bystanders.

RE: Communism To be fair, we REALLY ****ING NEEDED the Russians to die in droves to beat the German military machine. Hitlers miscalculation, and the stone cold evil of Stalin to not give a second thought to the lives of 20 million Russians allowed us to win the war.

We weren't going to put Soviet Russia on blast in the middle of leaning on their disregard for humanity. Churchill was probably the biggest anti-communist this side of Hitler and he tolerated Stalin. Didn't trust him, but needed him.

The west was largely oblivious to the holocaust until news coverage hit from the liberation.

Quote:
yep

haha
Disagree. A giant portion of the discourse was really high level. Both design of bomb would be most stable being dropped from a plane as well as if the atmosphere would ignite.

It is important. I haven't seen the movie, but bypassing that discourse is a mistake.
Quote:
the woke morons are coming for oppenheimer now

Oh, nevermind the 14 million chinese they murdered. Because....what was it?...Oh yeah, they weren't the right type of Asian.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2023, 06:31 AM   #128
Greatest QB Duo of 2015

To begin, seeing this on 70 mm IMAX was cool. Definitely worth it if you have a chance. I couldn't get snacks, though, because there's no trailers on 70 mm IMAX because the reel is ginormous and the movie started playing immediately.

I thought the movie was well executed and it's basically three acts. One would think that the actual Trinity Test would be the climax of the movie, but it's not, which is why it's also three hours. If you go in expecting this movie to focus on the physical actions of war instead of a biopic, you will be disappointed.

Murphy, Blunt, Damon, Pugh, and RDJ were all fantastic in their roles, with RDJ pretty much carrying the entire last third of the film along with Blunt.

This movie is so good that two phenomenal actors (Oldman and Malek) are in this movie for maybe a combined 10 ****ing minutes.
Spoiler!
There's also DeHaan, Hartnett, Casey Affleck, and Ehrenenrich.

Unlike other movies, this one does a good job of jumping back and forth between different time periods. The black and white vs color scenes were something I didn't think was necessary but could understand how other people might like that.

The ending scene was very well-done and just made me think about WTF I just watched as well as how the actions that unfolded during Los Alamos shaped the world both during WW2, the Red Scare, and Cold War, and today.

I need to re-watch this so I can pick up on things that I missed.

I'd give this a 9.5/10.

My biggest criticisms are this:

The dialogue/sound was really hard to pick up at times, which is a huge detriment to the film as it's heavily dialogue based. Like, if you miss one line based on whose name is being mentioned, you're missing a huge element of the plot. Nolan's sound mix problem isn't exclusive to only Oppenheimer, but just affirming that it's still present.

While I get that the film doesn't show the physical dropping of Hiroshima and Nagaski, I think the psychological and mental impact should have been focused on more. The gym scene gets at this, but I think this scene could have been so much more. We're not given much time to dwell on what we just saw and what Oppenheimer's thinking because this movie is 3 hours.

Last edited by Rams Fan; 07-24-2023 at 06:38 AM..
Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 07-24-2023, 07:03 AM   #129
Keepin it Real

Maybe it’s been said. Our theater has it in IMAX, standard, and 70mm. I don’t think the 70mm is IMAX, as it’s not listed on the web as being one of the 19 theaters in the US that has it.

Which option is the best to see this movie?
Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 07-24-2023, 07:22 AM   #130
MVP

I saw it in a regular theater and it was just fine. It you want to pay extra to watch it on a bigger screen, I'm sure the movie will be exactly the same.
WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2023, 08:52 AM   #131
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat View Post
I saw it in a regular theater and it was just fine. It you want to pay extra to watch it on a bigger screen, I'm sure the movie will be exactly the same.
Me too. Agree. This move isn't Interstellar. It's a drama. No real need to see on IMAX. I'm sure it's nice in IMAX but not necessary.
DCTwister is not part of the Right 53.DCTwister is not part of the Right 53.DCTwister is not part of the Right 53.DCTwister is not part of the Right 53.DCTwister is not part of the Right 53.DCTwister is not part of the Right 53.DCTwister is not part of the Right 53.DCTwister is not part of the Right 53.DCTwister is not part of the Right 53.DCTwister is not part of the Right 53.DCTwister is not part of the Right 53.
Old 07-24-2023, 09:10 AM   #132
▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓

As a former HUGE Nolan fan who has kind of tapered off, I'll wait to see this one when it streams. Knowing the subject matter and knowing how dense the dialogue is and Nolan's use of sound, I don't really see the benefit of going to the theater for it apart from one scene.
-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-24-2023, 12:48 PM   #133
Needs more middle fingers

Would love to see this but i'd have to either go solo or wait for it to hit stream.

There isn't a person in my life that'd want to see this other than me.
ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-24-2023, 01:19 PM   #134
El Gato Gordo Loco

I dont think Ive ever seen a film in 70mm just Imax. And if that means no previews and I dont have to wait thru 30 min of advertising to see the movie I will gladly pay a little more.

Would love to see them bring Interstellar back to theaters in 70mm so I can see it in that format
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-24-2023, 01:28 PM   #135
Forever Royal

Oppenheimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detoxing View Post
Would love to see this but i'd have to either go solo or wait for it to hit stream.

There isn't a person in my life that'd want to see this other than me.

I’ve started seeing movies alone. It was weird at first but I got used to it. Not a ton of movies I feel like I want to see in theaters that my wife doesn’t want or the kids can’t see but it makes for a nice break. And I’ve got a few people I can go to the movies with but it’s remarkably hard to find times that work so just going alone at convenient random times works for me.
mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote